Chapter Two – Devoured
150 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sage caught his breath as he looked around, the smoke and sulfur making him feel uncomfortable to the extreme.

"I need to survive? Is this Hell?" Sage looked around and realized he was in a forest full of withered trees.

Each tree looked as if it had been dead for millennia, but Sage didn't approach any of them.

Sage didn't know, but these trees were demonized, and thirsted for blood and flesh, so it was a miracle he managed to make it out safely.

Sage came to a stop as he looked at a mountain in the distance, the top shrouded in the clouds. From time to time, he could see small things flying in the skies above.

'Demons! They must be demons if they live here! I need to find a place to hide for a month!' Sage turned back to the forest of dead trees, however he didn't go back to where he came from.

He started to circle the forest, trying to find a place to hide, but before he made it far, he heard a sonic boom and then the ground in front of him exploded.

Shrapnel shot outwards, some stones piercing through Sage's body and shooting into the distance.

Sage crumbled to his knees, blood flowing from several places on his body, however his eyes remained locked on a monstrous figure standing in the crater.

"A human this deep in the Abyss? What a treat." Sage could only cough up blood when the Demon reached over and grabbed him effortlessly.

"Because you're here, there should be more of you. Lead me to them and I'll give you a quick death." The demon spoke in a language that Sage understood.

"Th-there's no one else..." Sage couldn't continue because the demon smiled cruelly and grabbed his arm.

With a slight yank, Sage's arm was torn off and placed in the mouth of the demon, who gulped it down with relish.

Sage wasn't sure when he started screaming, but his voice was quickly silenced by the demon who straight away lifted him up and dropped him into it's mouth.

Sliding down the demon's tongue, Sage's skin blistered and bubbled as he sank deeper and deeper.

Soon he couldn't see a thing, and the pain of being dissolved struck him like a hammer. 

If someone were to be in his position, they'd better wait for death, however Sage's eyes turned fierce as he grabbed on to a wall and sunk his teeth into it.

A demon's body was extremely durable, however the inside was vulnerable to an extent, and as such, black blood coursed into Sage's mouth.

Sage wanted to spit it out, however he couldn't stop chewing or he might really be sent into the demon's stomach.

The demon flapped it's wings and shot into the air after devouring Sage, however after a while, it felt a strange sensation in it's stomach, however it ignored it.

...

Sage gasped for air, however his hands didn't dare let go of the walls, not even when they put a pressure on him, strong enough to break his bones.

Bite after bite, Sage had long since gotten used to the black blood that flowed over his body and into his wounds, and when he managed to tear a piece of flesh from the walls, he swallowed it hungrily.

If one were to look at his current state, covered in demon blood and chewing ferociously on purple meat, they'd wonder who the real demon was.

Sage only knew that if he let go, he'd die. As simple as it sounded, he knew that he'd die a true death, being unable to reincarnate at all!

Sage wanted to live! Even if he had to suffer, he'd cling to life. His mind had also changed a bit, as he was on the border of life and death every moment.

Being in a life or death struggle was really exciting! His stomach was pierced through by shrapnel, but after some time, they showed signs of healing.

Demon blood had many uses, and Sage drank it endlessly as he ferociously tore at the walls of flesh like a hungry crazed animal.

...

The demon didn't know why, however it felt tired more often, as if it were losing energy. If it knew that Sage was draining all of it's blood, who knew what face it might make?

The demon landed on a cliff, scattered with remnants of previous hunts, the bones of the prey.

After adjusting itself, the demon sat down and began to recover the spent demonic energy in it's body.

What it didn't know was that Sage was being fed demonic blood rich in demonic energy! A demon's demonic essence was stored in it's heart, and Sage had a direct source of blood!

Sage continued to drink and feast, not noticing that within the darkness, his bones healed slowly, and his skin turned redish brown.

His blood within his body was mostly black, and the last bit of human blood was being devoured and replaced rapidly.

Soon he no longer felt the crushing pressure of the walls contracting. He didn't know when, but biting through the flesh walls got easier as time passed.

 

6