Ch. 1 Awakening & Freedom?
63 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A lost Doll | A Girls‘ Frontline Story

Vol. 1 Ch. 1 | Awakening & Freedom?

Location: Earth, former Germany

While Awakening out of my Slumber I open my eyes, 2 blue eyes shimmer to life and let the immediate surroundings shimmer blue.

Should deactivate that I thought before I even started to take in my surroundings. On closer Inspection, I seem to be in a Holding Cell inside some Facility, but it seems like the facility was abandoned.

The room I awoke in is full of Dust, there is even a lot of Dust on my Holding Container.

With a movement of my left arm, I managed to Open the Container, normally I would have used the right arm but it seems to be disabled need to get that repaired – Error No Connection to Grid

Well, that was to be expected inside an Abandoned facility, maybe it is removed from the Power Grid. Wait where am I even? Germany, nothing more concrete huh. Well, it seems like Localization is still working at least.

After falling out of the Container, reasons unknown, definitely not just because I just woke up I swear! I Started a Self Diagnosis

“huh” my Voice accidentally traveled through the room. That can’t be right, there is no way that is right. Freedom? No Orders? No Nothing? It seems like the Corrosion and Data Loss broke everything and Protocol 9 got automatically engaged to ensure Survival.

Absolute Authority in my Hands? Normally a Human Commander would have Absolute Authority over me but now there is nothing above myself, only myself and Protocol 9.

This just doesn't seem right, the only active Protocol can’t just be the ninth.

Protocol 9 is just a Protocol to ensure better survival chances of T-Dolls. But it seems like through the Corrosion it managed to override all other Protocols.

Won’t they just take back control the moment I get found? Fear, something that a T-Doll shouldn’t be able to feel started seeping through my Frame.

NO” I Will stay in control There is no way I’m just giving up my newfound freedom, my newfound control over my own actions.

But first I should check my Surroundings and maybe get myself Armed, if I want to stay in control I need to make sure I’m not captured.

Standing Up was harder than it should have been even with just one functioning arm. While standing Up I notice a second Holding Container next to mine, but while looking inside I notice that the T-Doll inside seems to be completely corroded. Her Container must have Cracked and let air inside. Normally while inside the Holding Containers Corrosion should be Impossible but hers was cracked, mine has some after closer inspection too but I seem to not have corroded that much.

After going to the door of the Small room and opening it I notice that the floor also seems to be dusty but on the Floor, it isn’t just dust, the once White walls became Grey and some have even broken under Age.

What I seemed to have somehow nearly overlooked was a body on the floor, he seemed to have died some time ago. Is it not abandoned? Did it get overrun by the enemy? No. This doesn't look like their work, if there were fights here there would be bullet holes, empty casings, and even a few dead T-Dolls.

Should just ignore that for the time being, other priorities. The Armory and getting myself Armed is my main priority for now.

I feel like I’m not alone here, something or somebody needs to have awoken me. A T-Doll doesn't just awake alone they need to be activated, but there was nobody in my room so it was probably the command center. I Should probably avoid the Command Center then.

While on my Way to the Armory I found some more body’s one of them was a Security Guard, I took a Knife from him, while it isn’t a gun it is better than nothing.

Suddenly my Thermal Sensors detect a heat source moving in my Direction, I Immediately go into combat mode, left eye changing to Red, and Hide behind a Corner. While I finally hear the footsteps of the being is coming closer I Equip my Knife, while I don’t plan on killing it, yet, I may be able to get some information out of it, after all, It is better to play safe than sorry.

Swoosh” I hear the Sliding door Open and I wait, just need to wait until it has passed me and this it does it doesn't notice me. The moment it passed me I hit it with my hand instead of the Knife and Knock it out cold. After the fight, if you can even call it that my left eye turns blue again and I sit down for a moment.

What now? I feel like I’m questioning myself since my Awakening way more before it was always do this and that, and maybe if I’m lucky some free time between missions or later on Experiments. But now I can actually choose myself, I have the freedom of choosing my own path.

After deciding that I want to question “it”, yes it, it resembles humans quite a bit but after a quick analysis to check if it was still alive I noticed it may resemble one but it isn’t one. I drag it with one Hand into my Room and lock that room.

After Acknowledging that dragging people is hard with only one hand, I move back to plan A, get to the Armory. But this time I start rushing, now that I know that there is one there may be more so my need for my Gun is higher than ever.

While rushing through the rooms I fail to notice a dead and disassembled T-Doll and fall over it. That definitely wasn’t my best moment. But that just brought back to me that maybe rushing through the rooms at a speed where I miss a goddamn body next to the door is not good. That should have occurred to me the moment I started rushing, maybe I’m more damaged than I thought?

After that embarrassing experience, I finally make it to the door of the Armory, a Heavy Vault door.

Now that I’m looking at it like this definitively doesn't fit the look of this place.

Will it even open? That is what I asked myself the moment I saw that door, I’m definitively not going to be able to force that door open. Let's just hope it still opens on its own.

After tipping in my Code into the Pad of the Vault door it lets itself open without problems, why this door has power and seemingly nothing else besides a few signs is unknown to me, but who cares why it opens, it just does.

Going inside I expected to see many racks of Rifle’s and other Guns but some of them seem to be missing normally this room should be filled with Guns, but there are entire rows of Guns missing.

Luckily Enough my H&K G41 is still there so I try to take it and three extra Magazines. I notice my oversight the moment I try to grab it with my broken right arm. Using a Rifle that is nearly one meter long with one arm is going to be hard. Repairing my broken arm is definitively one of my next objectives.

I Swing the Weapon with the Belt I stole from some other Gun around my back, put the Magazines in their Straps, and start moving back to my room, but this time without rushing and actually looking out for body’s, I’m not repeating that.

The Walk back to my room was thankfully uneventful nothing jumping at me, no dead T-Doll trying to trip me.

After arriving back at my room and opening the door, I see my captive awake sitting on a Crate I ignored while scanning the room.

The moment I try to question “it” it rushes forward and tries to pin me against the wall. While it may be somewhat fast I manage to sidestep it and swipe at it with my Knife. It seems like that hurt if we go after the grunt I got after I hit it.

It turns around and I see green blood flow down its face while I’m readying myself for another attack, but it just turns and rushes for the door.

I’m sorry,” I said while throwing my Knife, can’t let it get away and call for more after all. The Thrown knife Flies through the Air and lodges itself in the back of the Skull of the being. With a somewhat loud sound, it falls to the ground, bleeding out of the back of its head, Dead.

While going towards it, I notice parts of disassembled T-Dolls in its bag. “Looters” a seemingly angry growl escapes me as I see what it did to the bodies of my former Companions.

I take my Knife out of it and after cleaning it in its clothing I put the knife back into its holding Spot. While I am at it I also take some Servos and Cables out of its back, this may be hypocrisy but I feel like I should put the parts to use to repair myself.

My next objective is definitively repairing my Arm. I Should probably do that before moving on, but before even that I should check out the Area, maybe there are more in the Laboratory. So the Security compartment it is, there is access to the cameras of this building.

While moving towards the Security department I need to go through some of the rooms the being seemingly looted. In one of them, I even saw a destroyed T-Doll whose Core and part of the head got disassembled.

Do they want to make me angry? They want to don’t they!” I nearly scream out but I still manage to catch myself. This isn’t the Time to be angry need to keep calm if I want to get out of here, being angry can come later.

After moving through the still dusty rooms I finally make it to the Security Compartment, the door is still locked so there should be nobody inside. I move to the Side and put my pin into the door, not a moment after that the Sliding door opens with a sound as if it wasn’t oiled in years witch is probably right. The small room on the Other side of the Sliding door actually has lights even if they are only the red emergency lights.

I walk through the door and it closes behind me automatically, while ignoring that I walk forward towards one of the consoles in the Room. I Sit down and Activate it.

End of Chapter 1

2