Chapter 2: Learning About the New World.
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About three years was about to pass since Jackie has been reincarnated. His life has been pretty relaxing till now. He was learning the different types of languages that exist and also the geography of the world. His timetable was first history then geography and to end with language. Then during his free time and thanks to the maid who was taking care of him when he was a newborn, Wang Han, he also learn several martial arts which his mother was unexpectedly against. She kept on telling him that this would not help him as no one would dare to touch a hair on her bloodline. That completely baffled Jackie.

However that was not all that surprised him. He soon found out that there was no large scale war ever. Wars like World War 1 or World War 2 never occurred. This would not have been very surprising if there were different continents; however there was only one continent. The geography of that world was such that there was only one mega continent divided into 4 major countries, namely, Jade Mountain, the northern country, Violet Flame, the eastern country, Black Soul, the western country and finally, Yellow Leaves, the southern country. These countries were then divided into other small states, each controlled by one or two powers. However, despite all those major and minor powers' existence, no war erupted. The reason, well, that was X, the unknown. Something which had made Jackie combed his entire home library, and that place could be said to be the same size as a luxurious 6 bedroom sized flat. You can imagine its size!!! However, despite all the efforts put forward by Jackie, there had been no yield. Nevertheless, as a child of the twenty first century, he could not believe that no, forget world war, even inter country war has never erupted between them. Something fishy was going on and Jackie was hell bent on finding out what that was.

If that was strange, then his next theory that he made due to his own observations and analysis was even weirder. It did not take long before Jackie found out that he was restricted from going outside his courtyard. Not even him, everyone in the mansion, including his mother, never went out. This lead to certain theories which anyone could easily came up with. According to Jackie, there was three possibilities to all this. The first and most difficult to believe was that Yu Shan was scared of her home, comfort zone. This could be phobia that she developed due to certain traumas that she had in the past. However, all observations showed that this was the least plausible as Yu Shan did not show to be victim of any king and of trauma. In fact, her heart was as immovable as a mountain and her willpower was as high as the sky. The second theory was that she might have done something which had caused others to hate her to such a point that her life was in danger and she was now fleeing for her life. But this could also be negated by the kindness that the latter showed to all her servants. Her way of judging people by their nature and not their status was something equally rare and amazing. The third possibility which Jackie had just a brief idea and couldn't neither confirm nor negate it. He believed that all that had a certain link to his biological father. What kind of link? He had no idea; in fact, he didn't even know the nature of his father, forget his face. Due to such limited information, he could not do anything, except just coming to certain unwanted conclusions.

However, his shock did not just end here. One fine day, Jackie, after studying, was outside, playing. That day, his studies ended earlier than expected therefore nobody knew that he was outside. After some time, he got  bored and sat down to gaze at the cloudless blue sky, which had become one of his favourite pass time. That helped him to relax and calm his over thinking mind. However, what he didn't know was that that day, his mind would not be calmed down but rather be thrown into chaos. What he saw completely defied all the laws of nature that he knew. His heart started to beat erratically. His breathings came in ragged pants. He saw Yu Shan, dressed in a magnificent white robe with Wang Han besides her, floating in air. They were literally flying!!! Could you just imagine that? That defied all common sense. How was that even possible? Then, suddenly, Wang Han turned and stared in shock at him. Her face was drained out of all colours. She pulled Yu Shan's sleeve who in turn turned and saw Jackie. Both expressions were extremely unsightly. It is difficult to put in words how they were. They looked as if their greatest secrets have been disclosed. Jackie was still trying to absorb all that when the two figures turned blurry and disappeared.

'What the heck just happened?, ' murmured Jackie, afraid that his voice may be heard by even the wind. 'That place is getting weirder and weirder. Something is indeed going on. But what!!!!'

With this thought in mind, Jackie started to prepare a small surprise for Yu Shan on his birthday.

Jackie has always been spoiled to the point that he could have become a Young Lord since a very long time ago. However, thanks to his 'maturity', that never happened. He knew his limits and manners. His birthday was coming at a fast rate and all preparations were  completed. Despite not having the right to go outside, Jackie still had several friends; his servants, dogs and most importantly, Yu Shan. She never forced anything on him and allowed him to do whatever she wanted. Obviously, Jackie knew how hurt she could have been when he told her that she would not be able to call her mother. Therefore, to compensate he became the ideal son. Being grown as a spoiled brat, he knew that on his birthday, all his wishes would come true. Thus, he decided to gamble. He knew that his success rate was below 20%, but he still wanted to give it a way try. A bit like that speck of light who was struggling to stay alive in that dark world(remember the prologue). Also, he knew that as long as their was a chance, no matter how minim that was, it was still something possible.

Due to all the planning and plotting that the latter was doing, he did not notice that his birthday seemed somewhat more grandiose that his previous ones. It was more lively and more bustling. It was as if his third birthday was going to be something of extreme importance; something that would completely change his life.

Finally, the D day came and Jackie, dressed in a deep blue suit, stepped down from the stairs. Near the central table, he saw Yu Shan, dressed in a splendid flowing pale blue dress. That was the first time that Jackie saw her in other colour that white and she still still as breathtaking as ever. The celebration started and the latter gave him his gift. However Jackie politely declined.

'Jackie, what happened?, ' asked Yu Shan.

'Master, I don't want any gifts. All that I want is answers, answers to questions which have been brewing in my mind since sometime. '

Yu Shan first stared in shock and broke out in a laughter. Along with her, everyone also laughed. Jackie was completely shocked at the turn of events. He was expecting some scolds and then he had to become stubborn about it but none of that happened.

'Did I say something funny?, ' asked Jackie in a trembling voice.

Amidst all that commotion, the one to answer his question was not Yu Shan but Wang Han instead.

'Young Master, it was indeed something funny. All the answers that you were searching, were actually going to be given to you. '

'However, Jack, if you want to know about it in exchange of your gifts then I, as your mother, don't mind at all. Even if that gift is completely crucial for you to understand what I am going to say. '

Jackie's face flickered. First because Yu Shan called him Jack, a name that he hated as in his previous life, everyone used to use that name as a medium of bully. And second was because all that he planned was actually for naught. He was about to be given everything on a golden plate. He suddenly felt as if a cold and thin dagger has pierced through his heart. Destroying everything on its way.

0