Chapter 7:Trident of Extinction
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dragon's attention suddenly seemed to be attracted to the ongoings.

'Interesting, ' murmured it, 'I would have never expected that humankind would become so powerful. Wanting to possess the heavens?! Well, you must first conquer it! That is a must. It is such a pity that I will have to destroy all of you! You would become great people. Perhaps, you would have been able to recover the lost glory of the Karmic Palace. Shan bloodline, definitely one of the greatest bloodline ever. Everyone is  a warrior here. '

The entire white light dispersed to reveal a terrifying and vicious creature. It had a horn protruded from his forehead. Teeth as sharp as swords could be seen. It was 30,000 metres tall. IT WAS A BLOOD DEMON!! It then started to shrunk in size until it was the same height of the dragon. The creature's aura and pressure also increased proportionally to its decreased size. The dragon's face flickered. His eyes turned serious and posture changed. He no longer looked arrogant and sure of himself. His hand flashed into an incantation. A bright golden coloured armor appeared on him. His aura erupted. The sky turned half gold and half red. Everyone's eyes were fixed on the developments that would happen. They all knew that this fight would be THE determining factor of this sequence of events.

The dragon was about to attack when his expression changed. He suddenly realised what was going to happen.

'No, that's impossible, ' thought him, 'They will never dare to make such a gamble. Their chance of winning such a game is extremely small. But that blood demon? Am I just over thinking? Is it possible that all my assumption is just that, an assumption? Nothing of that I think, will happen. I can  give a try to verify my theory but the cost is just too great. ' He turned to look at his descendant, 'Well, he is just one in a thousand. I am sure that they will be alright. And also, even if he dies, it will be only due to his own lack of skill. He can just blame himself. '

The dragon's hand flashed into an incantation and a huge gold vortex appeared. He was preparing to leave. The vortex would only take around 3 minutes to be completed and then he would be completely and utterly safe, away from all that was going on. The latter heaved a breath a relief. He just felt as if a huge boulder has been lifted from his shoulders.

However, that was the time needed for the blood demon to attack. He leaped towards the dragon, with his mouth wide open. The dragon immediately flashed an incantation and a shield appeared, protecting the vortex. He was not confident about winning a battle with the demon, however, he was sure of being to hold long enough for the vortex to appear. Frankly, he was actually scared of trying to start a fight but the latter was left with no other choice.

The blood demon waved his hand, making a long curved black spear to appear. Various cries could be heard coming from it. Various painful cries. It seemed as if the spear had caused so much destruction and deaths that the discarded souls has decided to haunt it. To show it that whoever who would handle it would never have a moment of respite. The dragon's scales stood on ends(I actually wanted to use hairs but a dragon does not that so scale. Hope you get the meaning). He would never have thought that the latter would have such a terrifying weapon. He opened his mouth, making a trident appeared. It was a golden coloured trident with an aura capable of extinguishing all lifeforms. That was the most precious treasure of the dragon; Trident of Extinction. He passed through several tribulations to be able to gain enlightenment about the property of the weapon. It was an incomplete one but he was sure that one day, he would be able to use it at 100%. That was his most treasured asset. Under normal conditions, he would have never used that but right now, he was facing a blood demon and a strange, terrifying spear. Also, he had to end the fight as soon as possible, therefore, he had no other choice that to play his strongest card, the Trident of Extinction.

All that took some time to explain but actually happened, in the blink of an eye. Powerful techniques were exploding everywhere. Sounds like thunder could be heard when the two weapons clashed and lighting followed suit. One black hole after another appeared. Time became disrupted and space was being destroyed. The entire battlefield turned blurry then clear and then blurry and, clear. It kept on going on. That was clear evidence of the destruction of space and time. The earth split apart and the magnificent towering buildings were all falling apart, all expect the one Jackie was in. Spells were seen everywhere and only afterimages could be seen. Everything was happening so quickly that it was impossible to keep track; in one place, we would see the dragon flashing an incantation with the tip of the trident while in the other, we would see him falling backwards, both at the same time. It was a fight beyond comparison and comprehension. No one had a way to determine the winner. It was just too quick. Even powerful experts, like Ji Tian or Yu Shan, could only assumed the sequence of events. Also, that assumption was around 10% right.

Meanwhile, the vortex spun faster and faster, clearly showing its completion. For the dragon, it was a huge relief. Even if the battle seemed heaven defying, the truth was that he was constantly being pushed backward. He had no way to even give a tiny injury on its opponent. He knew that if this kept on going, he would soon be destroyed and become one of those discarded souls that was inside that spear. That would be a life worst than death and he would never allow such a thing to himself. Like any other organism, he held dear to his life and that, at any cost. And, for a cultivator, its life was not in his body but rather the soul. His soul was of utmost importance.

0