The Hero You Deserve
749 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Onee-sama, it was so scary!" Ruri cried into Faye's arms. "There were terrible sounds everywhere, and it was so dark! Where were you?" 

Faye rubbed the girl's hair as Hadrian stabbed the iron ladle into the last of the Ghasts. "I was saving myself, what do you think I was doing?" She answered truthfully.

"What about me?!" 

"What about you?" Faye asked back.

"...Onee-sama, you're heartless!" The girl pushed herself off of her mistress.

"Would you have come for me if it were the other way around?"

"Of course I would!"

"Really?"

"...I would have thought of it." Ruri admitted. 

"And so did I. I then came to the conclusion that you dying is better than me dying. Would that not be your thought process as well?"

"So...you're saying we're both scum?" The girl looked crestfallen.

"Two peas in a pod, you and me, eh?"

The girl said nothing. Leaving her to ponder, Faye then rifled through her bags when Hadrian knocked on the door to the carriage before simply opening it without waiting for an answer.

"The Ghasts have been dealt with. We'll rest here for the night." The man informed. He looked at Faye and questioned, "What are you doing?" As he saw her taking out a pair of underwear.

"I peed a bit." Faye said matter of factly. "I need to change. What, you want to watch or something?" She shot him a glance.

"No, thank you. My tastes don't run so young." The man spoke mildly, not at all flustered by her playfulness. 

Faye grinned as he calmly shut the door. "He's cool. I like him." 

He thoughts on the tall, dark mercenary? She'd let him do bad things to her. Now, before her reincarnation into this fine ghost-filled life of her's she wasn't gay. As a man in her last life, she'd never fucked nor been fucked by a dude. 

But she could recognize when a guy was attractive. For example, she could take one look at Henry Cavill and go, "He could stick his tongue down my throat, I don't even care." Of course, the movie star never would since she'd been a rather rotund man in that life. But yeah. 

Still, even though she said such things she never even considered sleeping with a man. At least, she'd never imagined she'd be the one being ploughed. After her reincarnation and subsequent gender change, though, her thoughts somewhat changed. 

She still retained her attraction to women, but handsome men also made her curious. Faye was, what, 13 right now? She'd already been masturabating for a year now and HOT DAMN it was a whole different experience from masturbating as a man. 

Like it wasn't just her crotch that felt good, it was her entire body. At first it was sorta scary and new, but she got used to it, and that's when the magic happened. 

And that's also when only using her fingers. So she could only imagine what it'd feel like to be with a man. Maybe being ploughed wouldn't be so bad after all? Such were her thoughts on that matter. 

But uh, yeah. It had to be someone she chose. Definitely not her brother with a sister complex. Like, she respected the fetish but no way is she letting her tofu be snatched by her own family. Maybe if the genders were reversed...but they weren't, so no! 

Anyway the more she saw of this merc with a rather inviting mouth, the more she liked him. They had a fairly good rapport, too. But it's not like she really considered having sex with him. She was wayyyy too young for that kinda thing.

But in the future, who knew? Maybe if she got to know him better she'd actually jump his bones at the end of this two year contract.  

Eh. Whatever happens, happens. She won't think too much about it for now. She'd simply be true to her pervert nature and thirst over man and woman alike. 

She gave it a thought. 

One husband, five wives...yeah. That sounded nice. She wanted a classy harem, none of that five dudes one girl nonsense. Every time she thought of harems like that she couldn't get the image of an orgy out of her head. And again, respect to the fetish but being a cum depository wasn't an attractive idea to her. 

Let's keep it wholesome, eh? No bukkakes, dammit. 

"He's scary." Ruri shook her head. "What about him is cool?"

"I don't know, Ruri. He handled that ladle like a champ."

The girl seemed perplexed. "Huh?" 

Ah. She hadn't seen. Oh well. "Nevermind. Anyway, he seems like good people."

"...He kills people, you mean."

"No one's perfect, Ruri." She wouldn't discriminate just because of the man's profession. It made her a tiny bit sick thinking about it, but she hadn't seen any bloodshed, at least, so she could still stomach it. 

Not to say she'd dislike if she ever saw him kill another person in front of her, just that imagining a guy being gutted in real life sort of made her weak-kneed and not in the good way. Gave her shivers just thinking about it.

***

Maverick looked down at the desolated hellscape beneath him. 

The battle was over, but the aftermath was terrible with a land littered in bodies and fallen weapons. Some human, some...other. The sounds of agony entered his ear as numerous wounded men and women cried for help. 

He turned his gaze towards the Princess who lay exhausted against Sir Hendricks, the Holy Knight that had accompanied them on this expedition. His once resplendent white and gold armor was stained in blood, his fiery red hair caked in dirt. He had gashes all over that had to be tended to. 

Useless woman, He thought with disdain. She had one job and she couldn't even do that right. 

He looked again at their wounded. With a shake of his head, he threw his longsword. The weapon moved. It flew fast as lightning around the battlefield, killing everyone in it's path. 

Including their own soldiers.

The Princess saw this and cried out. "What are you doing?! You're killing them!" She struggled to her feet, reaching for him, begging him to stop.

Maverick was unfeeling. "They're dying because you're weak." He spoke indifferently. The woman was their healer. It was her only use. And yet she was sitting there about to die herself because she tried to save as many of her men as she could.

Meanwhile Sir Hendricks sustained wounds that she was now too tired to heal in the effort of protecting her. And two other members of their "party" lay dead. 

The Princess reacted like she'd been struck. 

"Your only concern should have been me from the start. Healing these soldiers does nothing."

"How can you say that?" Hendricks struggled to his feet. "These men laid down their lives to help you! Help us! They came to protect their families, and you just...you..." His jaw clenched tight, unable to speak further.

"Help?" Maverick asked. His handsome face showed only contempt for the man's righteous anger. "They came and died for nothing, then, because they made no difference here at all." He said. "I certainly didn't receive any aid from them."

"Heartless fiend." Hendricks snarled.

The insult simply earned him Maverick's scorn. "Sanctimonious fool." He recalled his blade and wiped it along his sleeve. "You four brought these useless dogs to a battle they had no chance of surviving, yet you call me the heartless one." He laughed. "Now two of you are dead, and so are all your soldiers. Serves you right for being so weak you have to turn to others to wipe your ass."

Not that he cared one fuck for their lives. But he wasn't going to let himself be yelled at by a man who led his men to their deaths for nothing. Their only purpose here was food for these creatures...nothing else. They couldn't fight them, try as they might. 

In fact, death was a mercy to the survivors here. 

"I've had enough of your knights' self-righteous ranting these past few weeks. You came to me because you were incapable. So just shut up and do as I say, or I'll kill you next." Maverick promised.

Hendricks was visibly enraged, veins bulging along his neck and forehead. 

 Ignoring him, Maverick walked over to the Princess and took off his coat, revealing his missing arm. "Now make yourself useful for once and heal me." 

This was a serious injury and she was already on her last legs. But it didn't matter if this killed her. Not to him anyway.

"You're not the Hero we thought you were." The woman's bitter tears streamed down her face as her hands shone with a pale yellow light. 

"No. I'm just the one you deserve."

Wait for me, Faye...I'll be home soon.

19