Ch 28:End Rush
991 10 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well let's Raze some hell," I said as we all started a mad dash towards the exam exit.

Footsteps around us became louder and louder, it was Fenris and Cerberus transforming sizes to divert attention and to take any injured member with them.

While running we came across a group being attacked by Demons.

I wasted no time and simply cut through all the Demon's necks before catching the injured and throwing them on Fenris's back while Inosuke did the same for Cerberus.

All around us we could hear battle cries, probably from the other slayers fighting for their lives and some trying to avenge their dying friends.

After we caught 5 people we simply stopped picking others and deciding to run but Tanjiro insisted that we help others kill the Demons. So we did just that, as soon as a Demon came in our sight we simply decapitated it and moved on before I threw a bottle of my blood and telling them to 'Heal'.

Haku had already made the ones on Cerberus's and Fenris's back drink some and then made sure they don't fall off.

We continued to run like madmen for what felt like hours. Simply helping some stray hunters and then moving on.

There were a lot that we didn't help, maybe I could blame this on us not having enough time but I knew the answer was that I didn't care enough.

This was a test of your skills as a Demon Slayer. Out there when you're on a solo mission you'll have to be on your own, think on your own feet, and utilize your skills.

I didn't feel repulsed to help others, I just wanted to do it in such a way that it didn't harm me and those around me.

"This is pretty crazy, huh?" Zenitsu said while jumping over a tree root to avoid being tripped.

"No shit, we're running through a mountain protected by magical flowers, being guarded by two giant Wolves and saving people from death AND Killing demons and chopping their heads like they were vegetables," I said while chuckling.

This got Zenitsu and Inosuke to laugh while Tanjiro seemed to relax a little and quickened his steps further.

Even though we were in a life and death situation right now everyone was calm. Well, as calm as you can be while being surrounded by Demons that want to make you into human soup.

*1 Hour later*

"Well everyone we've almost made it. Going from here to the entrance won't take more than half an hour so let's rest." I said while letting down my guard.

The screams had stopped for a long time now and the Demons had almost disappeared.

Everyone took a breath of relief. Zenitsu visibly deflated when he heard that we could rest and before I could even say anything he was already asleep with his iconic snot bubble falling up and down with his Breathing.

"He was pretty tired after all. We gotta help him with that stamina he won't sustain long battles like this." Haku said while putting down his blade and starting to lay down to rest.

We couldn't light a fire or it'll attract the other participants which would, in turn, bring Demons.

Zenitsu was already asleep while I and Haku could see almost clearly through the Darkness. Inosuke could feel things easily and Tanjiro could smell everyone's position so it wasn't much of a hindrance.

Tanjiro laid his head against a tree while Inosuke was checking Cerberus for any cuts or bruises.

Haku was checking his sword once again as if visualizing his battles.

I and Fenris just laid down watching the Midnight moon shine its brightest.

*15 Minutes later*

'Hmm everyone looks tired maybe I should let them sleep for a while. We don't have to reach the entrance till sunrise, I'll stay guard."

Not that any Demons would be hunting us anyway, even I can see the smoke coming out of the various areas of the forest. Indicating that there had been fools trying to light a fire and in turn giving away their locations.

"Hey, everyone why don't you all rest while I guar--" That's as far as I got before Inosuke and Tanjiro shouted "No." At me at the same time.

"Oi! Keep quiet and why the hell not?" I asked, visibly confused at their angry expression.

"Of course you idiot have you ever seen your face?" To my surprise, it was Haku that said this.

'Wait! It's not a pimple, is it? Or blackheads? Goddam the Puberty witch is gaining in on me!!! Retreat retreat.' my thoughts went haywire as I took out my blade to look at my reflection.

There weren't any pimples like I had expected but instead I had huge bags under my eyes like I hadn't slept for years.

Now I understand. I was so used to be awake at night and helping the other Wolves hunt and sleeping at any time in the day that I hadn't thought about my fatigue from lack of sleep.

In order to guard everyone else, I slept only 4 or 5 hours throughout the week. Guess living with nocturnal animals can do that to ya.

"But Ino-"

"No!"

"Otouto!!"

Oh, now you use honorifics and Japanese. Don't try to coax me, brother."

"But!!"

"You aren't gonna stop are you?"

I nodded my head.

"Well, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse."

"What is it?" I asked, clearly intrigued by Inosuke's offer. My little brother wasn't the type to come up with plans or even think of one for that matter. He just beats the problem or in some cases people until they lose.

"One wish. For one whole day, I'll do whatever you want." Inosuke said with a smirk.

"Not enough. There are 3 more people here. We gotta work on the law of Equivalent Exchange here." I said while trying to hold back a smirk of my own.

"Okay, you get one wish from everyone here. Including Zenitsu." Tanjiro said while Haku just nodded along.

"Deal," I said with a maniacal laugh.

I knew exactly what to do with these wishes.

[Author: I don't know what to do with these wishes.]

"Okay I'm gonna sleep but be sure to check perimeter in every 5 minutes, have one of you on the trees scouting but don't forget to shout out something or have a conversation constantly, also of there's anything wrong then wake me up immediately, also-" My ramblings were cut short by a swift chop to the neck.

"Phew finally!!" Inosuke exaggerated and sighed.

Tanjiro put me next to a tree and I slept like a baby. What I didn't know was that this sleep will be more troublesome than just being awake for my whole life.

28