Waking up in a meeting
893 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

'Well shit. I go sleeping for one night and I'm visited by gods. Dammit, my head hurts.' I said while clutching my head.

While standing I noticed that everyone else was talking to each other.

"Yeah, that thing yesterday was super powerful. I wonder how it moved after its head was cut off?" Inosuke wondered while tilting his head.

"Yeah that's the part that scares me, Most Demons that are killed by the Corps are killed by Nichirin blades when we slice their necks but that thing could still stand up," Zenitsu said while shuddering.

"You all understand what that means right?" Haku asked with a hand touching his sword.

"What?" Tanjiro asked innocently.

"It means that the Demons are going stronger and that means more deaths," Haku said with a sigh.

"That's a nice observation," I said from behind.

"Did you get a nice sleep?" Tanjiro asked with gentleness.

"Yes, Tanjiro. Now that thing being able to survive means that the Demons are improving and they're improving faster than our bodies can keep up. Now tell me what exactly makes us able to fight beings that can regenerate limbs within seconds?"

"Our Breath Styles," Inosuke said while scratching his mask.

"Our Nichrin blades," Zenitsu replied.

"Our Bonds with others," Tanjiro answered.

"All of those answers are correct. There's nothing as important as the Bonds that provide us with conviction to fight the Demons and our Nichirin blades are the only thing in the world that can efficiently kill those demons while our Breath Styles allow us strength on par with those Demons. Now imagine what will happen if our blades can't cut down those Demons? That'll lead to massacres like the ones we saw ourselves and those massacres will make people lose their bonds. Thus they eliminate two of our strong points that allow us to fight our enemy."

"What about Breath Styles?" Tanjiro asked

"Yeah, those can surely help." Inosuke chimed in.

"*Sigh* That's what you need to understand. We are human they are not. Each drop of blood spilled on our side increases their power. They have centuries to fight us while getting as strong as they want. They get stronger by simply eating us and most of us have to take years of strenuous training to even the playing field with the weakest of them. Tanjiro how many years did you train for?"

"3, give or take a few months."

"And How easy were your fights with the Demons?"

"They were hard. If it weren't for the fact that I had all my skills trained into my bones themselves I would've surely died. If not for the normal ones then from the Hand Demon. The thread that I was so sure of was basically useless in that situation." Tanjiro replied dejectedly

"See? That shows our limits. We are young by human standards but we get a limited time. We can't hone our Breath Styles for centuries but Demons can improve for centuries without end." I said while making a mental note to ask Tanjiro about the thread.

"What about Deception?" Haku asked.

"Elaborate."

"Well Our headquarters are quite well hidden and the demons haven't been able to find them for centuries so we can just continue the fight with them."

While Haku's observations were correct but he had limited knowledge. Demons had been plaguing humanity for centuries but the knowledge about them was basic at best. Each converted demon didn't remember their past and no one of them other than the Demon Moons themselves had the strength to know anything important about the Demons themselves.

'My knowledge comes from my past life but now that's screwed over beautifully so I need to learn more about things first. The only reason why Muzan hasn't gone batshit crazy on humans that I can think of will be Yorichi.'

"What's stopping a Demon from developing a Blood Demon Art to straight-up find our locations. From what I know there are no limitations to those."

"I see," Haku answered with a nod.

"What are blood Demon arts?" Tanjiro asked.

"I wanna know too," Inosuke asked while jumping up and down.

'Well, it's better than him asking if it's something to eat.'

It was Zenitsu who answered first.

"Blood Demon arts are acquired by Demons who have killed more than 100 Humans. They can range from controlling water to controlling storms and lightning. Some say that the leader of the Demon's gifts them these powers but my Master said it's a hoax."

"Most people from the Corps I've met had never fought Demons with Blood Demon Arts and if they had they had either lost a limb or died." Haku continued in a low tone.

"See that's a great observation and extremely important information but have you seen anyone discussing these things other than us? No. Everyone regards the Demons as the Boogeyman. No one wants to speak about them."

Tanjiro was surprised, to say the least. He had lived with Master Urokodaki for years but the man had only taught him how to kill the Demons efficiently and he was a Hashira and even before that dreadful night he had heard legends of the Demon's from the townsfolk and his grandmother but he had believed them to be just that 'Legends'. But all those so-called Legends and bedtime stories had seemed all too real when he entered his house that day. When he had smelt his own family's blood.

"Tanjiro calm down," I said while putting a hand on his shoulder. I knew what he was thinking about and I knew why the topic was heavy for him.

"This is exactly what I want to eliminate. That fear that creeps up our spine, Those memories that are etched into our brain."

"So what do you suggest?" Haku asked and everyone looked at me.

"I suggest we kick those Demon's asses down from their throne."

At that everyone gave me a small smile and Inosuke full-out laughed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: So my phone is now Ghost typing and it's a headache. I had to scrap 3 chapters I had written because my phone decided to go berserk on itself. Don't worry I've covered it in Transparent Tape now so I'm not getting anything deleted at least but it's almost unusable and I can't write with it.

I have to buy a new phone if I want to continue writing and I actually had some money saved for such an occasion but the virus hit my family pretty hard so that money went down the drain. I'm starting a Patreon so I can continue writing and I'll be saving money myself for this. I won't be using the money for anything else. I just want to continue writing. Here's the link: https://www.patreon.com/Ashara?fan_landing=true

or just type ASHARA and you'll find me on Patreon

27