Dovahkiin
673 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

It was comfortable in Urokodaki's house or should I call it a cottage? Whatever it was cozy and I loved the mountains.

All of us woke up at 5 Am except Inosuke of course, my little brother needs his beauty sleep.

"Is it okay for him to sleep a bit more?" I asked Urokodaki.

"I see no problem with it," Urokodaki replied. Seemingly a bit more chill about us since our last conversation. This was the first time Inosuke was sleeping in something resembling a bed so I let my brother be and left the house to go outside.

The weather patterns here were shit. You could have the heaviest snowfall and the hottest summer at any moment. I walked up to Tanjiro chopping wood and decided to help him with it.

"Hey Tanjiro"

"Yes."

"Can you show me the area where you trained?"

I wanted to go to that stone which Tanjiro had cut because if what Tsukuyomi had said was true then I had struck God's equivalent of Gold.

"We can after you have some breakfast," Tanjiro replied and finished chopping up the wood.

'The old man gives them breakfast? I thought they ate leaves or some shit.' With all the humans that the Demons randomly yoink just being alive puts a target on your back.

"Hey, Inosuke wake up," I said while nudging him lightly.

"Fight me...fight me...." Inosuke was mumbling in his sleep.

"Ugga bugga bugga!!!!!" I shouted with full force.

"Ahhhhh," Inosuke screamed and jumped off the bed.

"Now go and eat something chop-chop," I said while imitating a knife cutting through the air with my hands.

*Afternoon*

"Phew. Finally done with all the tasks." I said while wiping the sweat off my forehead. Seriously who knew that there were so many tasks for just this many people.

"Well, we can go to the mountains now. We're basically free now." Tanjiro said while doing away with the wrinkles on the final blanket.

"Let's go then." Nezuko was sleeping and Urokodaki was probably doing old man stuff, whatever that was.

"Well let's go," I said while shouting to Inosuke to follow us.

Fenris and Cerberus were already in the mountains. Urokodaki had specifically said that "No fluffs allowed, Wolf or otherwise." so they had been playing in the mountains since last night.

We decided to just walk there because as excited as I was these mountains were honestly beautiful. The sunlight shining through the trees felt serene to an extent. So we just made small talk and after an hour or two reached the place where Tanjiro trained which was evident by the fact that there was a big fucking boulder broken there. Slashed from top to bottom in a single smooth slice.

As soon as I touched the boulder though it seemed to move and with a gaping jaw I watched the fucking boulder reconstruct before my eyes and somehow this one was bigger than the previous one. Almost twice as large as the previous one.

"What in the name of Jashin happened just now?" I said with unblinking eyes.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it reconstructs based on the challenger's strength. Master said something about one of the previous Hashira bringing this here. The rope around it is part of some ritual." Tanjiro replied while scratching the back of his head.

'Oh yeah, you conveniently left out that the rock performs magic tricks.'

"Cool!!!" Inosuke shouted and rushed at the rock. He seemed excited enough while reaching it but forgot that we don't have our sword and ended up standing in front of the rock after seemingly grasping at air.

I moved towards the rock and tried to lodge a shard of metal into it and that thing was dense as hell. The shard didn't even go a finger deep with all my strength.

"I suppose Urokodaki won't be lending me his sword huh," I said while looking back at Tanjiro and saw something move from the corner of my eyes but decided to ignore it. There weren't any ghosts coming here to help me.

"Guess we gotta do this in the Ye Olde ways," I said as I readied my stance.

Tanjiro and Inosuke seemed confused but my mind went into overdrive as the information about my Breath style filled my brain. I had only used this in the most primitive manner till now but let's see what I can make of it now.

"Dragon Breathing First Form: Skull crusher"

The right side of my body glowed in Crimson red as my muscles tensed and in a second I unleashed hell on the poor rock.

*Boom*

That was the only sound getting repeated after every punch as I tore off chunks of the rock bit by bit. My fist wasn't bleeding but it hurt like hell. What I was doing right now was the equivalent of bashing your head forcefully into a wall but my body was harder than the wall itself.

"Dragon Breathing Second Form: Beast Tides."

I shouted and my arms seemed to increase in strength exponentially. The rock seemed to grow 9 red spots as my hands hit them all with strength greater than any I've felt before.

*Crumble*

And just like that, the rock broke apart. Split directly in the middle with my bare palms which were now bleeding but I was too joyous to look into that at the moment.

"You're a monster," Tanjiro said with a hoarse voice.

"A monster in human skin," I replied moving my hair away from my eyes. They had become undone in my barrage on the rock and were now making me look like a beast.

"Woah cool Nii San teach me, teach me!!" My ever-excited little brother said while jumping on the spot.

"Maybe later Inosuke," I said while holding my fists up. I could see some parts of my bones but they were already healing so I didn't mind it. The pain was pretty numbing though.

"Huh. This felt good." I said while cracking a smile. Power honestly felt good and my plans on the future counted as much on me as they did on others so an increase in strength.

I looked back at the to rock and there seemed to be something written on it. Almost as if glowed.

"Hey, do you both see that?" I asked while pointing at the rock.

"What's that?" Tanjiro said while touching the carvings on the rock. They were written on the right side of the fallen rock.

"This doesn't look like Kanji to me," Tanjiro said while moving his hand across the letters.

"I don't know how to read," Inosuke said and I could feel the problems this was going to give me. There weren't any books on the mountains dammit.

Moving that thought aside I went towards the rock and the letters seemed to resonate with me. The Tattoo on my right arm and the patterns on my Horns glowed.

[*Ding*

Host has discovered the letter of Dovahkiin.]

____________________________________________________

Author's Note: Our hero our hero claims a warrior's heart. So the next few chapters will be filled. Also I'll be highlighting some of the MC's missions. He will not be following Tanjiro everywhere and there will be a lot of new Demons that I have ideas for. I also won't be straight up jumping arcs. The MC will have a lot of missions and I'll be showing some of them. He'll also develop his Breath Forms slowly. My phone's still broken. Read upto 8 chapters ahead on my Patreon. The link will be down below.

20