Weapons
582 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

"Which one of you is Tanjiro?" Hotaru asked and they did the whole conversation about the children of Fire.

"How much is truly known about such individuals?" I asked skeptically. This was one of the details in the canon timeline that even I wasn't so sure of.

"Well, they're mostly from families from the old lands," Hotaru said but a quick glance from Urokodaki made sure that he had said something he shouldn't have.

They quickly steered the conversation towards Tanjiro's new sword. He had grasped it again in his hands and it turned completely black.

Hotaru seemed outraged at not being able to see a crimson blade but I pointed at some crimson points near the hilt of the blade.

"Marvelous," Hotaru said while squinting at the blade through his mask.

"What about Monjiro's sword is so good?" Inosuke asked but I could tell he was having a blast while imagining swords for himself.

"It seems that your student is a bit of a multitasker," Hotaru said and left it at that.

[*Ding*

Put on your tinfoil hats bitches because it's time to go Sherlock.

Quest: Find out more about the Old Lands and the Blacksmiths.

Time Limit: None.

Reward: Whatever's available.]

I saw the message from the system and quickly shut it again. I had garnered enough suspicion from Urokodaki and I certainly didn't need more.

"Oh yes, which one of you is Inosuke?" Hotaru asked and Inosuke stepped forward eyes gleaming with excitement.

Hotaru quickly unwrapped two swords from his back and pushed them to the front. Both blades had silver handles and as Inosuke held them with the hardest grip possible they changed their color.

From the normal grey color, the swords gained some white patterns on them. The patterns seemed random but looked a bit like a storm.

Inosuke was practically jumping from excitement at the sight of the color-changing sword and started to wildly flail them around which earned him a little bump on the back of his head.

"Your Swordsmith is one of the younger ones so he wasn't allowed out of the village but I assure you he has done a fine job with those blades," Hotaru said while pointing at Inosuke who was somehow not on his spot. He came back a couple of minutes later with his swords having bumps on them.

Now that I looked at them again the originally white patterns had a tinge of green at the very end. It seemed minuscule but it was definitely there now. Inosuke seemed to be happy and I praised him a bit on his artwork.

Hotaru seemed to disagree with me on that but decided to not argue too much.

"Then you must be Asura." He said and I nodded.

"Yours was truly a good weapon to work at. If you don't mind me asking.." he started but I interrupted him.

"You can use the blueprints for the sword and anything that you might've come across while working. That's the least I can do." I said and he seemed happy enough.

He unloaded the largest package and out came two swords. One with a golden Sun on its red hilt and another with a Silver moon on its purple hilt. I held the swords and they immediately gave a soft hum but instead of changing color they seemed to dust off a little bit of spot from them and a crimson red and azure pattern appeared on them as if it had been there from the beginning.

"Marvelous," Hotaru said and everyone seemed shocked.

I opened the second package and smiled a little. I immediately repacked it again and stored it in my pelt.

"Thanks for your services," I said to the dazed room. Nezuko seemed to be repulsed by the swords and had turned herself into a roll in a blanket. The only other person that replied was Inosuke who seemed angry that my blades were 'cooler' than his.

[*Ding*

Item acquired: The Howling blade

Item name: Vriska

Grade: B

Item acquired: The roaring blade

Item name: Igris

Grade: B

Item acquired: Unknown

Item name: ????

Grade: B]

I was surprised that the blades already had names. Guess I didn't get to try my naming skills on these.

[*Ding*

You'll have to earn the titles for your blades dumb dumb.

*Ding*]

'I must've gotten the worst system available in Heaven.'

After everyone calmed down we were handed our uniforms. Inosuke ripped open the front of his shirt before I could even say anything. Tanjiro had the green and black patterned Haori over his uniform.

I had decided to keep the front of my chest revealed through the uniform and kept the wolf pelt on my shoulders. I had also gotten two fingerless gloves for myself each with a flat metal plate above them.

I tried on the clothes and I gotta say they look good on me. The black pants went well with the white wolf pelt and the gloves didn't hinder my grip on both the swords which came in a white and black sheath respectively.

Hotaru thanked me for the blueprints and left. It had been sunset by the time we were free. We enjoyed a good meal and Urokodaki and Giyu explained to us a bit about the blood Demon Arts. Then with a bit more of a hushed voice, Urokodaki decided to say something.

"Whatever happens don't go near the Old Lands Tanjiro and do try to find travel companions although they aren't common in the Corps two humans have a better chance of surviving than one," Urokodaki said while Giyu continued.

"If you encounter any of the Demon Generals then do not engage alone at all costs. Try to run away as fast as you can."

"Oh, I killed one of those guys," I said nonchalantly which started another round of explanation to the Hashiras.

"What you've killed is merely the weakest of them," Giyu said in a hushed voice but I could see his grip tightening when he heard that Tanjiro had to encounter that thing with me in the Final Selections. Sabito seemed as confused as us about it so I guess it wasn't common.

"Become a Hashira Tanjiro and then you'll have better chances at curing Nezuko. There are times when knowing little things can save your life. A continuous drop can destroy the strongest barrier." Giyu said in a calm voice. His gaze hinting at pride while looking at Tanjiro.

And after a bit more of explanation we decided to rest for the night though Nezuko really wanted to play with Cerberus and Fenris. Tomorrow will be a new day.

Tommorow I'll be a Demon Slayer.

______________________________________

Author's Note: Phew Finally gonna start the journey.

I'm a bit sick right now. It's like me and my friends are stuck in a Dormamu loop as all of us are getting sick again and again in the same pattern. That's some Faceb*ok conspiracy shit.

Read upto 8 Chapters ahead for both my books on my Patreon. The links will be down below.


16