Hunter
536 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

I got out of the house and it looked like the whole village was ready to leave. Everyone had their bags and belongings on their back.

"Did the real estate prices fall or something?" I wondered and moved forward to ask someone about what was happening.

The village head came out of the crowd and looked at me seriously. He seemed to be contemplating something but decided to speak.

"Someone died." He said with fear in his voice.

" So everyone's going for the cremation or something?" I asked.

'Wow, the dude must've been important.'

"No. In our village whenever someone dies we move out of the village for a couple of days. If someone decides to stay there's a chance that he'll never be seen again." He explained but I could see he wanted to run away from here as fast as he could.

"Village leader!!" Came a sudden voice from behind us.

" What is it?" The man asked. Growing increasingly anxious and irritated.

"My mother. She's sick, we can't move her. She can't walk." A young woman said with an anxious woman.

"Why don't you just make a stretcher with clothes or something or carry her?" I asked. I was pretty sure that I could help them but I was also pretty sure that the Demon would be gone whenever I came back here and I couldn't just hope to sit around here and hope for someone to die.

"Don't spout bullshit child. What is a stretcher? Don't interrupt others outsider." The woman went on and on about my appearance while the village leader was tapping his foot on the ground looking like he'll run away in just a moment.

"Never hit a woman, never hit a woman" Horus shouted from the sky. But the village leader didn't understand him and grew even more anxious. Looking at the sky as if it was gonna start raining fire soon.

"I yearn for true gender equality," I whispered but when the woman got to my parents that was enough.

"Shut the fuck up! Do you want your grandma to die by bleeding from her ears or something? Because if you do then that's great practice." I said with barely seethed anger. The woman was great at getting on people's toes and jumping there.

She then remembered her grandma but we had already lost too much time it seemed. The village chief said nothing could be done and before running off told me to go with them. When I said no he told me to at least stay away from the house in which the Death had taken place.

"Please do something for my grandma. She lives in the house there." The woman pointed at a house and then fucking ran away behind the village chief.

"Who the fuck does she think I am? The toad sage or something?" I said with contempt. The woman was out of my sight in less than a minute. Her legs seemed to run even faster than her mouth.

"Fenris go and help the old woman. I'm not familiar with the swords yet so it'll take some time to use them without the danger of hurting others. I'll call you if I am in danger." I said and Fenris ran off towards the house.

"Oi! Horus" I shouted as he came down. I immediately grabbed him and ran into the house.

"Hey, what the fuck!!" Horus shouted and tried to peck me.

" I don't want you to run off okay. Tell me if you spot anything near the house." I asked almost pleadingly. I was gonna sit in the house so I didn't want to be startled by the Demon and die from a heart attack.

"Personal services require extra payment." Horus said while making "Ching-Ching" sounds and rubbing his hands together.

"Dammit, when I get rich I'm gonna pay it back. Fucking loanshark." I said the last part quietly.

" Done." Horus flew off into the sky.

"Let's do this shit," I said as I entered the house and immediately saw an old man lying face-first on the ground. Dead. The villagers hadn't even moved him.

I moved him to a straight position on the bed and closed his eyes. I gave a short prayer for the man's departed soul. I wasn't particularly religious because no one had heard my own prayers in the past but seeing as how Tsukuyomi had been helping me out I decided to still do it for whatever it may be worth.

I then sat on the ground in the hut waiting for the Demon to arrive.

*4 Hours later.*

The man was still there completely still and I was waiting for the Demon to arrive. I had moved both my swords to my back ready to be taken out at a moment's notice. I could distinctly smell the corpse due to my nose but decided to not pay it any heed.

My eyes could still see enough due to moonlight and I had already put the Transformation on countdown if I needed it.

[Time for Transformation: Can be used]

I had learned that I couldn't stack the countdowns and was limited to only having 1 at a time. The other Transformation was still locked though. It seemed that after choosing Heavenly Guardian form the other one was locked. Suddenly my right eye started to itch a lot.

"Caw Caw fuck your maw. Goose on the loose goose on the loose!!! " Horus shouted from outside and I waited and waited for 15 minutes. When I thought that the Eagle had played a prank on me something burst through the house.

I tried to move but something seemed to be holding me in place.

What appeared in front of me was a Demon. It didn't even look at me and moved directly towards the dead body. As I tried to free myself my right eye seemed to almost burn. The system wasn't even letting me transform.

As the Demon in yellow clothes moved towards the body on it's four legs I was horrified. I felt helpless as the bastard took the body cut off the head and seemed to cry as he fit the head in his enlarged mouth. I could see the blood dripping down from his fangs as the head was devoured whole.

As he moved towards the body I wanted to clutch my right eye due to unbearable pain but I couldn't move.

[*Ding*

Unlocked: Eye of Solomon

Description: An eye that can see through any Illusion.]

All at once, it seemed that my body was back in my control. At once I transformed I could feel the swords tied to my back stretching the clothes I had tied them around myself with. My Pelt came off as I too now stood on all fours.

I stared at the Demon with one eye shining Red and the other Shining Azure and I saw fear. The Demon let go of the body and rushed outside trying to outrun me.

I ran off behind him on all fours keeping up with him.

I howled as Fenris came beside me. I needed someone to help me in catching the bastard. I wasn't gonna let go of him. Not after what I had seen. I ran through the woods after the Demon Fenris following me. I had activated the "Eyes of Hermes" too. I wasn't good at running on all fours and I could certainly use the slowed perception.

I was gaining on the bastard as his feet seemed to be giving away due to instinctive fear.

Running after the Demon in the Night I was the hunter, I was the slayer.

I gave a long howl to the moon.

_______________________________________

Author's Note: Noodle armed author here. The next chapter is inspired by a Japanese legend. Hehe.

Read upto 8 chapters ahead for both my books on my Patreon. The link will be down below.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night and stay safe out there. 

18