I’m something of a thief myself
476 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

It had been a month since I took the map from the temple. It had 15 red marks crossed across it with them shrinking into a semicircle. Each semicircle had lesser crosses than the last, so it was divided into 8,4,2, and 1 with the locations ranging from abandoned buildings to populous towns like the one in which I was right now.

"Horus, find me the Demon. Anything suspicious, anyone in the streets looking a bit extra anxious, any couple in the alley leaning a bit too much into a kiss. " I said and Horus flew off.

Was I being a bit presumptuous? Yup. But the city had a lot more smells than Normal so I just couldn't find a Demon unless I came in a 100-meter radius of them at the very least. Fenris was with me but had shrinker a bit to look like a Dog but his Fur just shone too much so people were still looking at me.

'It's good that the "Destroy" on the back of my shirt is hidden by the pelt or people will just catch me for some conspiracy theorists.' I thought and cruised through the busy town streets.

"There." Horus screeched from the sky as some of the passersby looked at the night sky and saw nothing but an Eagle screeching.

I walked in the direction Horus had been pointing at and came across a river with hundreds of boats in them.

"There, the red one." Horus pointed as he landed on my shoulder and pointed at a boat.

"You, you damm chicken." I knocked Horus on the head and moved away from the river which earned me some weird looks.

The boat he had pointed at was shaking violently. And with the sounds coming out of it, it seemed the people inside were drowning in another kind of pleasure.

It took me till midnight to pin the Demon down.

It was a Wizard of some kind. Fully displaying his blood Demon art and making animals of smoke appear from the Kizeru he was using to smoke Tobacco.

'Well, shit.'

I couldn't exactly behead the Demon in the streets. Even more so when he was performing. His show seemed to be quite famous as his surroundings were filled with people curiously peering over, and considering the fact that his Tricks were most likely a Blood Demon Art I could understand the appeal to a normal person.

I mixed in the crowd and squeezed my way to the front while holding Fenris. As I was pushing through I suddenly felt a lightness in my left pocket.

It took a single sniff for me to figure out who the culprit was. It was a kid about 9 or 10 years old.

I had put a couple of coins in my pocket just for the sake of blending in so I knew that most of my money was safe in my Inventory but it seemed that the kid had tried to pickpocket me.

'Well, two can play at this game.' I thought and forgot about the Demon for a moment and cruised my way through the crowd.

The kid exited the crowd after 15 minutes and turned into an alley.

"Horus, watch over that bitch for me will ya. I'll get you corn meat for that." I said and Horus agreed easily. In the end, Fenris stayed too in order to not scare the child away but I felt that it had something to do with the meat.

"1,2,3... just three coins? Even I have more than that." The kid rummaged through his own pocket more furiously with every second that passed.

"Hey!!" The kid turned around ready to hunt me down but instead came face to face with me.

"Whoo, a 1000 copper coins AND a silver one. I'm rich." I said while counting the money in the kid's pouch. Pickpocketing in my previous life helped this time.

"Hey, you..." The kid shouted but then tried to turn around and run.

"Oh, what happened little One?" I said and stopped the kid by putting a hand on his shoulder.

The kid turned around and came face to face with the scariest face on the continent.

"Ahhhh!!!"

*15 Minutes later*

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." The kid said while bowing on the ground.

"That's enough, now tell me about the Demon," I said and the kid hesitated and started to look around.

"You've missed leg day by 2 months so I recommend not trying to run again," I said as I took out a Hiraishin Kunai. It was just for intimidation and it worked immediately.

The kid immediately ran towards me and hugged me. At first, I thought he would try to stab me or something but he was just there. Crying his eyes out.

"He....he....." The kid was trying to say but his crying made him suck in air whenever he tried to open his mouth.

I put the Kunai back into the Inventory and patted the kid's back.

"There, there. Take your time." I was still wary but he was just crying.

"He.....he has my parents." The kid finally said.

" Here drink some water first." I gave him a pouch of water from my Inventory and helped him drink a little.

"Better?" I asked and the kid nodded. Tears still coming down from his eyes.

"He..he took my parents. He said that he'll keep them for feeding and return them if I stole money for him during the show." The kid finally stopped crying and said.

'So the smoke was an illusion so any normal person would be too focused on it and no one will notice the money missing from their pockets until it was too late.' I thought absent-minded.

Even though I hadn't activated 'Eye of Solomon' I was practicing Total Concentration Breathing so maybe that was why the slow illusion didn't work on me.

"What's your name," I asked.

"Ryuichi." The kid hiccuped.

"Here Ryuichi drink some more water. I'll bring your parents back for you, okay? Do you know where they are?" I asked while soothing the crying child.

"No. He...he just met me here after the program to take the money from me," Ryuichi replied while rubbing his nose.

"Hey, Ryuichi will you do something for me?" I asked.

I have a plan.

_______________________________________

Author's Note: Hehe pulled a Gintoki on ya.

Ok I'm going to explain this in the least amount of words possible. So yesterday I was listening to some boner jams, you know Psytrance and trap music and writing a new chapter. I was sitting at my bedside which was my first fatal mistake. I must've been really wiggling my fingers to the music because I slipped down and in an effort to try and stop myself I extended my hand and instead of saving myself I've now ended up with a bruised right thumb, a scraped shoulder and a ringing in my head which banged itself against the wardrobe. Ok I'm going to explain this in the least amount of words possible. So yesterday I was listening to some boner jams, you know Psytrance and trap music and writing a new chapter. I was sitting at my bedside which was my first fatal mistake. I must've been really wiggling my fingers to the music because I slipped down and in an effort to try and stop myself I extended my hand and instead of saving myself I've now ended up with a bruised right thumb, a scraped shoulder and a ringing in my head which banged itself against the wardrobe.

That's why the chapters are this late. Since I write on my phone and don't have a computer things are taking a bit longer so I'm sorry if the chapters are a few hours late in the upcoming weeks. Sorry about that.

Read upto 8 chapters ahead for both my books on my Patreon. The link will be down below.

12