BLDS Ch 82: Breaking the News
170 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

"So where are my friends?" I asked one of the all-black-dressed guards as I got out of the building.

"Oh, those guys? They're getting rations from the Supply buildings, it's that one over there." The guard pointed happily to the building which had a small bonfire next to it that people were cooking dinner in.

"Thanks," I said and hurriedly went off to find them. The building had five rooms, three of which were common dorms with sleeping mats to sleep on the floor and quilts.

The other two rooms were filled with preserved and perishable food alike and had a guy sitting on a desk checking the produce.

"Here to submit some wild game?" He asked looking up from his work.

"Hmm. Oh yeah, this rabbit." I said handing him one of the extra rabbits that we had caught. I kept some extra food in my Inventory just cause it made traveling in cities and such easier and cheaper.

Not to mention the food didn't go bad so that was a major plus.

Why did I then give it to them? Well, let's just say they weren't.... efficient hunters. Yeah, let's go with that.

Most members I had seen besides those guards were in their early 20s but by God were they, bad hunters. They could kill sure but they certainly didn't know the correct way so the food was...spoilt.

"A whole clean rabbit? You're a godsend." The guy immediately looked up from his book and exclaimed.

" It's not much, hope it helps," I said a bit embarrassed, I mean I was good at hunting but maybe I was taking it for granted too much.

" The fuck you mean 'not much'. The boys are gonna be eating big tonight!" The man said happily.

" Hey did you see 4 guys come in here? One of them is wearing a boar mask." I asked and the man was fucking jubilant as he replied.

" Oh, those guys are in that room over there. Pretty hard to miss." He replied and thanked me again as I handed him the rabbit.

" Thanks, when's food exactly?" I inquired.

" Well you can cook whatever you have any time, but the guards will start theirs in half an hour if you want to join." The man replied and I nodded.

Not interested anymore, I walked away to find Tanjiro keeping everyone calm in a room.

"We won't go anywhere without him," Inosuke said angrily.

"And I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you and Zenitsu to take Nezuko to safety and me and Haku will join you after meeting Asura." Tanjiro said doing his best to keep calm.

Wasn't that bad of an idea even if it was a bit biased. Tanjiro and Haku were the older ones, and Inosuke was the youngest in our group if not the most impulsive.

" I appreciate the thought but You won't have to get anyone anywhere," I said closing the door to get a bit of privacy.

" You're back," Haku said before sitting down on the floor.

" Yes. I...I managed to get a deal out of the situation." I said and looked over at the worried Tanjiro.

"Don't worry nothing will happen to Nezuko, but all of you. And I mean all of Us have to remain calm. Even me. If I act like an idiot then I need all 4 of you to punch my jaw off." I said before I began retelling the events.

*30 Minutes later*

"So that vial is supposed to be a cure for Demonification," Haku said pointing out the blue vial.

"Yes," I said and patted Tanjiro on the back.

"It's Supposed to be one Tanjiro. It isn't one. Not a confirmed one. We'll cure Nezuko, we just need time. I just want it all to be less risky and not take a wrong step." I said and hoped that I was getting the intricacy of the topic across.

For better or worse the situation of Nezuko was in a stalemate and for now, we had time to cure her. Yes, the trial in a fortnight was going to be a bitch but for now, I didn't want to risk it.

I had methods to get out of that situation. I would have to gamble again but at the end of the day, it was better than taking a risk knowing there was a chance Nezuko might die.

Tanjiro was taking it badly, and if it wasn't for Nezuko sleeping in his lap I was sure he would've headbutted a part of the building into dust.

"Deep breaths. Remain calm." I said doing my best to keep him calm.

"What's the problem here? We can just show them how strong we are and we'll be super important. They can't do anything to us if we're super important." Inosuke said taking off his mask.

"That's... Probably our only option. To show our worth in some way that makes us irreplaceable. And also a reason to not chop our heads off." I said with a solemn nod.

It was probably going to have to be a middle ground between both those points but we'll have to do what we'll have to do.

I had ideas regarding both. How good they were? I honestly didn't know but they were reasonable for the most part.

"We'll make this work. Somehow but surely I'll make this work. For all of Us. No one's going to hurt Nezuko." I said and stared determined at Tanjiro.

"Well, I guess we don't have a choice here. Oh well, let's try to keep our heads." Haku said gloomily.

"Wow, you must be real fun at parties huh?" I said sarcastically.

"Hey, at least I'm trying to make light of the situation. Someone needs to keep all of you 4 from killing yourself with your seriousness." Haku replied.

*Clap*

All of us turned to see Zenitsu holding Tanjiro's hands in his.

"Everything will be fine." Zenitsu said seriously, in a deep voice.

Even Tanjiro looked off-put though he did try to give an awkward smile.

*Bonk*

"How the fuck did you get a stick in here?" Haku said looking at Inosuke making the stick disappear and the unconscious Zenitsu.

"Don't ask," I said chuckling. Bonus points for the Inventory and its uses.

"Yeah, the support is appreciated Zenitsu. Let's try to eat and sleep. We need rest to see this through." I added.

" Well let's go outside. The food is not going to cook itself." Haku said getting up.

"Let's try our best," I said smiling as Inosuke dragged the unconscious Zenitsu out of the room.

 

Patreon.com/Ashara

6