Promise to a God (3)
2k 8 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Kirin made it to the human realm, it was already morning.

S-01, give me Jin's location.

[Roger that.]

Receiving the information, it turns out Jin was currently in the city of Bai Yue. With a veiled bamboo hat on and fan in one hand, Kirin finally reached Bai Yue after 4 hours. It was quite of an interesting journey for him, exploring a world that was set back within ancient times. He had to navigate himself without the knowledge or aid of another, but ultimately, he did receive directions from S-01. Wondering around the big city, he wondered what Jin would be doing in such a big city like this. Considering that Jin received such a huge blow to his reputation and status, Kirin guessed he'd be like any other, either gambling or in a brothel.

Stopping a man in his tracks, "Excuse me sir, do you perhaps know where your best brothel in town is?" Kirin inquired.

"In the red-light district," the man answered.

No shit. "What is the name of the brothel?"

"Moon Orchid Villa."

Kirin thanked the man and made his way to the red-light district. Arriving at the villa, it was bustling with business, well deserved for its reputation. When he entered, a middle-aged woman greeted him.

"Welcome, Esteemed guest. We've never seen you before. Are you new in town? If so, how may we serve you?"

"I'm looking for a man. He is about a head taller than me, broad build, slightly tanned skin with a scruffy bread forming at the bottom of his chin, looks like he's had the worst day in his life and has a scar on his left jaw; probably raging like crazy," Kirin began describing. "He's my brother."

"Right this way," the middle-aged woman led him further into the villa.

Kirin whistled internally, marveling at the elegant and beautiful designs. Taking the stairs onto the second level, he was led to one of the rooms. Opening the door, she respectfully motioned for him to enter. Closing the door after he entered, Kirin was met with a man sprawled out on the ground with a single think blanket covering his crotch, otherwise, he was completely naked, exposing his scarred body and robust muscles and tanned skin. There was a mix of wine and sex in the air. Thinking how Jin had to bear such a heavy fate and what his end was, Kirin felt quite sorry for him.

===

What aroused him awake was a sweet scent that lingered in the air, tickling his nose. Fluttering his eyes open, Jin turned his head to see the figure of a person sitting beside the large window that was open as a gentle breeze blew in; the activity looked as if they were brewing tea. This woman was quite refined in the way she sat; long slender fingers and a flexible wrist. From afar, she looked quite tall as well. Sitting up, Jin rubbed his eyes.

"Have a drink. It'll help with the hang over," the familiar mellow voice called from the window.

Jin's eyes widened as he looked back. Guess it wasn't a woman, but a man, and not just any man, it was Hua Yu. Jin slightly narrowed his eyes as he walked over, stark naked, before sitting down across the table from Kirin. There was a moment of silence as Jin examined Kirin before speaking.

"...You've come to pity me?" a trace of humility was in his low, husky voice.

Kirin didn't look at him directly as he took a sip of his tea. "And why would I do that?"

"Because I am a fallen. I've been banished from the Heavens. So, I'd assume you'd be here to ridicule me. Am I wrong?"

Kirin finally looked up at him with a mesmerizing look. Jin's brow slightly twitched. He got the vibe that Hua Yu was actually not here to ridicule him, but there was something in Hua Yu's aura that was strangely different...

Putting down his tea cup, he pushed the hangover drink over to Jin. "Drink first, talk later."

Doing as he was told, Jin picked up the cup and in one gulp, finished the drink.

Sitting in momentary silence, Kirin finally asked, "This is where you've been all this time after being casted out?"

"Where else would I be? All my temples have been burned down and Gold was destroyed, so of course, I've been here," Jin scoffed with a hint of mockery.

Kirin gently but firmly slammed his tea cup against the wooden surface, making the crisp sound resonate throughout the room. Once again, silence. No one moved and no one talked. Kirin's eyes remained looking down at the table before shifting up to meet Jin's hazy blue-silver eyes.

"I'm disappointed in you," said Kirin.

Jin felt his hand twitch. Seems like he was here to pick a fight, however, he was bound to suffer ultimate defeat.

"When we younger, you were always so stubborn. As stubborn as a bull. I swear, once your mind was set on something, you would go through it till the end. As an orphan, that stubbornness helped you survive in this country. You found me and we fought our way into the sect for a better life. Even then, life wasn't easy. Then after 200 years when we became immortals, we separated from the sect to embark on our own journey. But before we left, we made a pact, a blood pact – to be sworn brothers.

When the war came, even when we were pushed back, you still fought valiantly. You shined the brightest out of all of us. I can see why you were chosen to ascend. Blinded by jealousy, I descended to hell and became what I am today. Even though I chose to forget all emotions for the fear of being clouded again, you showed up. You had faith in me that I could still do good although my hands have been stained with the blood of many. And for the past 100 years, you have been pursuing me in hopes of my goodwill returning. And here I am," Kirin's eyes remained clear and steady, gazing into Jin's.

"To find you moping around like this. It is very disappointing."

A laugh escaped Jin's mouth. "Of course, being an abandoned orphan and banished god has such a significant difference. So, of course my reactions would be different. You know, I was going to be getting married to the Moon Goddess. I've pursued her for such a long time before she even turned to look my way. Damn it! Now that I've fallen to this, I won't ever get my chance again!!"

"Then ascend again."

Jin slowly looked up to see Kirin's serious expression.

"What?"

"Ascend to the heavens again. You've done it once, I'm sure you can do it again."

"Are you crazy? I don't even know what I did in the first place to get there!" Jin responded.

"Pick yourself up first. You were able to ascend because your mind was free of the thought about becoming a god; you did various good deeds, went into war to save many lives, you even lost yours to save mine. You were-, no, you are a hero. I've been with you our entire life time, I've seen you get pushed down many times, and after falling, you've always risen up stronger than before. I have faith in you."

As Jin remained locked on Kirin, what he thought he was never going to see again, occurred. The young man smiled; a genuine and tender smile, like back when they were still younger. After he ascended and Hua Yu became a demon, he never once again saw him smile. In the heavens, he had many buddies who claimed themselves to be his sworn brother – to live and safeguard the three realms for their entire life time together. 

But when he spent time with Hua Yu, trying to get him to revert, they began distancing themselves. And worse, when the epidemic and famine broke out, no one gave him their aid. When he lost his temples, no one offered any word of comfort, and when he was banished, his so-called sworn brothers from the heavens often visited to ridicule him, making his heart ache and burn in rage.

But now, sitting before him was a demon, and not just any demon, he was the Nameless Demon King, and his true sworn brother, Hua Yu. Though they fought for the past century, Hua Yu always welcomed his presence in the demon realm and always sent him back to recuperate whenever he was injured. And now, he was the only one who returned to help him get back on his feet.

A warm smile appeared on Jin's face as the sun shined onto his bronze skin, accentuating his masculine charm.

"Thanks, A-Yu," Jin chuckled as he ran a hand through his messy hair.

"No, thank you, for not giving up on me first, Jin."

Jin's smile widened, exposing his pearly white smile and dimples.

"And don't mention it. You never gave up on me, so I'm not going to give up on you," Kirin's smiled remained bright, and he truly meant it. "Now, would you please put some clothes on. As good as you look without them, please give me some face." 

62