Reader’s Digest of Apocalypse: Generic System
1k 8 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a catch-up to prepare the reader for Book 2, It contains information from book one and I consider it pretty darn spoiler-y.

If you wanna read book one yourself instead of the reader's digest, it's up on Amazon kindle Unlimited

Now, here's what happened in Apocalypse: Generic System (Highly Abridged)

Spoiler

Jebediah Trapper chooses the impossible Tutorial in a System installation. He is in an altered state, and makes the dubious decision to take the Impossible tutorial.

Still reeling from the sudden shift in reality, and possibly still low-key suicidal, Jeb chooses to funnel all his possible points into Myst, the magical nature of the new world.

Frontloading his magical prowess so heavily allows Jeb to see and hear things normal people have no conscious knowledge of, including the fairies who inhabit the Tutorial forest.

It wasn't without sacrifice however, as Jeb is physically weaker than everything else, losing his foot in an ill-fated encounter shortly after the beginning of the tutorial.

Robbed of every weapon he needs to survive, Jeb makes a deal with the local fairy population, buying information, training, and assistance in exchange for candy from the MRE's that were teleported into the Tutorial with him.

He joins up with an assassin, and the two of them focus on killing Monsters and raising their levels, trading with a friendly weeb necromancer, who informs them of a larger group of survivors.

The larger group of survivors is planning an assault on the objective of the Tutorial: The World Tortoise. Jeb decides to help however he can, negotiating a deal with the necromancer for cannon fodder and raising the levels of the civilians throught shrewd tactics.

When the Safe Zones are about to expire, they lead an assault on the tortoise, but it never even gets close, as the obligatory villain has betrayed them! Gasp!

Jeb's almost killed, and his handpicked team is ejected out of the battle and back to the safe zone by his magic, where the generic villain captures his assassin and twirls his mustache for a minute.

The assassin, with Jeb's help, kills all but a handful of the villains lackeys, then they leave the guy alone...with a bomb in his head, primed to go off where their pacifist healer won't see.

The team picks up a teen mom who pops just after the safe zone expires, taking her and her baby to the mountain of fire, the only place where monsters don't seem to want to go.

The mountain has a big dungeon gate in the side that wasn't there before the Safe zones expire, which lead to a fire dungeon filled with magma creatures, and strange, tribal copper-shelled insect-people.

At the very heart of the dungeon is a literal heart the size of a five-story building, with a gigantic parasite wrapped around it.

Upon defeating the parasite, the halls are flooded with lava as the crystal heart begins beating. The team barely escapes, only slightly on fire.

The mountain stands up and tramples the World Tortoise, but the World Tortoise has a form of save-state magic, allowing it to respawn as many times as it needs to in order to win.

Their hopes dashed, the team considers waiting until the tutorial ends and they're all wiped from existence.

Jeb has an epiphany. The prizes for defeating bosses are delivered via a sort of portal. Why not hijack one to escape?

The team winds up in the operating facility of their tutorial, wind up terrifying some people just doing their jobs, and riding the reward system back to two weeks ago, when the civilian humans were first attacking the World tortoise, while it's Save state was unset.

Jeb goes inside the mountain and wakes up the titan while the team keeps the civilians alive. The mountain then destroys the World Tortoise for them, and the tutorial is over...

except for the time-travel paradox, which throws Jeb into the space between possibilities, where he is judged to be a potential threat by the gods themselves.

They strip his System and send him back into reality, rendering him powerless in a world where everyone has some level of supernatural ability.

But Jeb's still got a friend among the fairies, and the System had to come from somewhere, didn't it?

[collapse]
Announcement
A fan asked me to make these chapters available in more places, so here you go. This book will be completely released by mid-March, so strap yourself in. book 3 is NOT on my patreon yet.
11