Chapter 62: A Misunderstanding
270 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Infamous Biscuit: Sure no problem. I can ft to Safka]

[Infamous Biscuit: Is there a certain amount he needs to take?]

Finding one letter at a time, Freya replied as fast as she could.

[Freya Evenkey: One spoonful every 3 hours]

[Infamous Biscuit: K cool]

Closing the screen, Freya still felt bad for having Infamous Biscuit take care of her job. Given the game’s twice-daily fast-travel limit, she’d have to use her emergency teleport card item if she wanted to return to Safka right now. Jendu often had minor stomach troubles. He shouldn’t require immediate attention, but it would be rude not to give him medicine. 

Stuck in Blue Cliff City, Freya and the others decided to visit the downtown market. She told Heilong and K13 they didn’t have to follow, as she was only going to look at shaman supplies, but that only made their enthusiasm greater. Heilong’s excitement was easy to see in her smile and bounce in her step. It was harder to spot with K13, but his eyes had a bit more life to them, and his gaze wasn’t wholly focused on the ground.

“Is there anything in particular you’re looking for?” Heilong asked.

“I’d like to buy some raw wood for talismans. There aren’t too many talisman tree growers out in western Vansyl; I usually have to buy them from traveling merchants. Also, axeldum and luterbach are hard for me to get. They both grow in different climates. I should really build a greenhouse and grow some on my own, but I’ve never been good at keeping plants alive,” Freya lamented.

After asking for directions a few times, they finally found the trading district of the city. It was situated rather far from the blue cliffs of the wizard academy. Freya wrinkled her nose at the stuffy smell of too many people in one place.

Three- and four-story buildings squished together. Their upper floors overflowed and hung over the streets below. Crowds of people swarmed the narrow alleyways. Many urgently rushed with a purpose, others laid in corners or sat with a tin in front of them. 

In the most congested part of town were the merchant shops. Freya quickly walked through all of them to get a sense of the shops before dedicating more time to browsing each of them. As she did this one of the signs caught her eye.

{Good Wind Trading Company}

She scratched her chin. It sounded familiar, but she didn’t know from where. 

Ah! That’s the company that transported the vine-pines! At the end of that event dungeon, the dock manager gave us a piece of paper that he said would give a discount on their goods. I should definitely visit this place!

She regrouped with the others and entered the Good Wind Trading Company shop. The main floor of the shop was rather small, with just a few sample items on display. However, Freya could see a larger warehouse in the back.

A man in a black vest approached them, “Hello, how is everybody doing today? Can I help you find something?”

“Yes, I’m looking to buy some shaman supplies.”

“Ah, wonderful. Please come this way. My name is Guimund and I’ll be happy to help you today. Are you all together?” he said, glancing at K13 and Heilong behind Freya.

Heilong nodded enthusiastically, “Yes, we’re also interested in some shaman items as well.”

“Oh?” the man said, a bit surprised. “Are you all traveling shaman?”

“Yes,” Freya answered quickly. “We happened to meet on the road and all decided to stop by Blue Cliff City to pick up more supplies.”

She had thought about this a bit beforehand. It wouldn’t make sense for her, as the shaman of Safka, to be here hundreds of kilometers away from her job. Calling herself an uncontracted shaman would make more sense. Uncontracted or ‘traveling’ shaman as they were commonly called, applied to any shaman who wasn’t under hire by a town. They often worked odd jobs and sometimes acted as emergency help for demonic problems. 

After hearing Freya’s answer, the shop worker’s demeanor slumped a fraction. She could guess why. As a commission-based worker, he was probably hoping for rich customers. 

“Do you have any Kaliga Farm wood?” Freya asked, smiling innocently. “I’m looking for some high-quality pieces for talismans.”

“Ah, yes. We just got a shipment in last week. It’s a bit pricy though; it’s ten silvers per gram.”

Hmm, that is a bit pricy. Regular farmed talisman wood is three or four silvers per gram. But it sounds about right for Kaliga Farm wood. 

“How much do you have? I’m thinking of buying at least forty amulet-sized talismans.” Freya said confidently.

The shop worker perked up. “We have a large stock! Let me show you. Is there anything else you’re interested in buying?”

After handpicking the talisman wood pieces and other various items, Freya waited for the shop worker to add everything together. 

She hummed happily to herself. Now I won’t have to pick through the leftovers those traveling merchants usually bring me. This should last me for a while.

Heilong also got interested in the talisman wood and decided to buy some to make arrows. Freya warned her they probably wouldn’t work, the wood was not flexible like most arrow shaft wood. But the marksman wanted to try anyway.

Just as the shop worker showed her the final price a beep sounded in her head.

[Infamous Biscuit: Hey I don’t want to freak you out too much but]

[Infamous Biscuit: I think there’s been a misunderstanding]

15