Chapter 2
917 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A moment after the ringing a voice could be heard inside my head.

(You can see your status if you just think about it. It should appear in front of you. You don’t really need to worry about your status being seen. It only appears for you and can’t be seen by others.)(Akasha)

After telling me that, Akashas voice died down. When I followed what she told me to do, a status screen could be seen. It was like the ones I used to see in games. In there my status was displayed.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Sex] Male
[Age] 16
[Level] 1
[Job] Jobless
[HP] 100/100
[MP] 150/150
[Physical Strength] 25
[Intelligence] 50
[Agility] 25
[Stamina] 20
[Endurance] 10
[Skills]: [Fatigue resistance 3], [Cooking 2]
[Unique]: [Language comprehension], [Akashas divine protection], [Item box], [Appraisal 1], [Out of boundaries], [????]
[Titles]: [????]

(My magical stats are double of the physical ones! It seems I’m jobless. And the rest of the skills? The [Cooking] skill seems to represent all of my cooking experience that I had in my life until now. Well that’s what I get when I mostly made simple dishes or sandwiches. [Fatigue resistance] skill... looks like me staying all night playing games contributed to me. Hurray for that! And I got some unique skills. The goddess probably gave them to me with the ability and the blessing. There is an unknown skill and title too. Is my appraisal level too low to see it?)

As I was browsing through my status I tried to look more into the skills. After focusing my mind on the skills that I wanted to display, they appeared on top of my status screen.

[Out of boundaries]: The user of this skill is able to acquire any skill. Limits of the users body are released. All status gain per level is doubled.

[Akashas divine protection]: Able to converse with the goddess. User of this skill needs 20% less experience to level up jobs. Faster skill level up rate.

[Item box]: Infinite storage. Can’t store living things. Time inside the item box is stopped.

[Language comprehension]: Able to read, write and converse in all languages.

(The information isn’t that much detailed. Well It’s alright, that much information is enough for now. It’s probably like that because my appraisal level is too low. How do you even upgrade it? Do I just need to use it continuously?)

As I was wondering how to level up the appraisal skill I noticed something. It seems my mana has gone down a little. It went down 9 points. This loss of MP was surely caused by using the appraisal skill.

(So appraisal takes 3 points of my mana. I need to know if the cost is only 3 MP or is it 2% of the max MP per use. I better check the other stats too, just to be sure.)

Then I proceeded to use appraisal to check all the other statistics.

[HP]: Health points. When the HP reaches 0, the host will die.
[MP]: Magic points. Also referred as magic power. Is needed to cast spells or certain skills.
[Physical Strength]: The strength of your physical attack. Attack power can be increased in certain conditions.
[Intelligence]: The strength of your magical attack. Attack power can be increased in certain conditions. Chance to resist mind attacks if the user’s intelligence is higher than the opponent.
[Agility]: The speed of your movement.
[Stamina]: The lower the stamina, the faster you get tired.
[Endurance]: The total defense of your body.

(That’s all the info I have huh. It can be understood so I can’t complain. The intelligence stat is a little tricky. Okay lets try to appraise the herbs around me. Maybe I can level up appraisal by doing that!)

After saying that I went around the plain appraising and collecting the herbs for later use. When I finished appraising all the herbs that were growing on the plain I heard the goddess voice again. It really was like a garden full of herbs.

[Appraisal skill leveled up!]

(So the sounds of level up are made by her voice too. It is a charming voice, so there is no problem with me. The harvest was pretty good so I have a lot of herbs on me. It took only around 15 minutes as I just needed to take them into the item box. I took them with the roots still attached so I hope there is no problem with the state I collected them in. I didn’t take that much so the herbs should grow back with time. The result was still pretty big.)

[Herb grass]
Used in making low-grade HP potions. Can also be used to make other types of potions.

[Magical herb grass]
Used in making low-grade MP potions. Can also be used to make other types of potions.

[Paralyzing grass]
Used to make potions that remove the status Paralysis(low).

[Poison leaf]
Used to make antidotes that remove the status Poison(low).

[Stamina herb grass]
Used to make low-grade potions that restores your stamina.

(With this much ingredients. I don’t need to worry about not having enough herbs for the potion making. The last step is to check the library. Maybe I can actually find a book that will have some explanation about how to make potions. I can only pray for it now. Yosh, lets go out of the special space.)

With everything done and checked I imagined getting out of the special place. Then suddenly having the same weird feeling that I got when I was transported to this world I arrived at a forest. The trees were close to each other so tracking something down from the sky would be hard. Other than the trees there were bushes too and a lot of them at that. It was a perfect image of a forest.

(First things first I need to check where I’m after leaving the special place. It seems to be a big forest. I hope that I didn’t get thrown in the middle of it but around the entrance… Thinking about it won’t get me moving so lets go!)

After saying that in my mind I started walking forward in the direction I was facing when I teleported. After walking for around three minutes I heard a rustling sound coming from the bushes to my left. Then coming out of the bush was a rabbit. At least it looked like one but it had a long sharp horn coming out of its head.,,Lets appraise it!” I thought.

[Horned Rabbit]
[Race]
: Monster
[Level]
3
[HP] 20/20
[MP] 5/5
[Physical Strength] 6
[Intelligence] 2
[Agility] 14
[Stamina] 6
[Endurance] 3
[Skills]: [Rush 1]

(Its status is so much lower than mine. It seems a little different too. Lets see, it hasn’t noticed me yet. I will try to ambush it and see how much damage I can do with my full powered kick.)

While successfully getting around the rabbit I prepared myself to kick it with full strength, but then I remembered something.

(I didn’t choose my job yet! The exp would be gone. That was close. I should choose the job for now.)

After stopping with the preparations to hit the horned rabbit I opened my status and focused on the job. Then some names appeared on top of the status window.

Choose the job: [Apprentice Warrior(low grade)], [Apprentice Fighter(low grade)], [Apprentice Swordsman(low grade)].

(I think I will choose apprentice fighter. It may boost my body attacks, I don’t even have a weapon so I think this job will help me the most out of those 3 right now.)

I chose the apprentice fighter job and then I heard the goddess voice in my head again.

[You have learned Hard body skill!]

Immediately after that I choose to inspect the new skill that I got.

[Hard body]: Passive skill. +10 boost to statuses [Physical Strength], [Agility], [Stamina] and [Endurance]. The power of the boost depends on the skill level.

(Ooh nice! So it means that I got stronger just by having a job! Jobs are amazing! I should level up as many as I can. Maybe I can get more skills from the jobs. I must be stronger to live in this world! The monster is… still there. Yosh horned rabbit here I come!)

After shouting in my mind like that I jumped out from behind the tree and hammered my full powered kick into its body. It seems it sensed me when I jumped out and tried to dodge but its reaction time was too slow so I hit it without much difficulty. After taking a hit from me It flew for about 3 meters and hit a tree. When it hit the tree it shrieked and fell to the ground. It didn’t move anymore.

(Is it dead already? Well it did have low stats compared to me so it was inevitable. So I can one shot horned rabbits huh? It isn’t animal abuse or anything like that so I can kill it with ease. It was probably that easy because I sneaked up on it.)

When I was thinking about that I again heard the goddess voice in my head.

[You have leveled up!]

After hearing that I immediately opened the status window to see what was my status growth like.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Sex] Male
[Age] 16
[Level] 3
[Job] Apprentice Fighter
[HP] 106/106
[MP] 150/150
[Physical Strength] 41
[Intelligence] 50
[Agility] 41
[Stamina] 36
[Endurance] 26
[Skills]: [Fatigue resistance 3], [Cooking 2], [Hard body 1]
[Unique]: [Language comprehension], [Akashas divine protection], [Item box], [Appraisal 2], [Out of boundaries], [????]
[Titles]: [????]

(So status gain for the low grade jobs is one point per level, but since I got this skill from the goddess I gain 2 points per level. Just as I thought, I get the points for only physical statuses as the job is a fighter. I’m sure if the job was something like mage the status gain would be only for the magic stats. Oh, I better store the rabbit quickly so it doesn’t deteriorate.)

As I proceeded to store the rabbit the body let out a light and vanished. After staying there for a while I again started walking forward.

8