Chapter 10
565 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning of my sixth day in this world came. I did my morning exercise and cleaned myself with my magic. I used the combination of water and wind magic to clean myself. I had to do that carefully so I wouldn’t splash water around. After that I went to greet Maria and eat. This time I didn’t go to the adventurers guild as I promised to go to Radak-sans shop. When I got there he was already waiting for me.

[You’re a morning bird eh? Come with me, I have everything prepared.](Radak)

I followed him to the smithy, there laying on the table were tools for his work. There was a big furnace and in it was a raging fire. Radak then turned around to face me and said.

[Welcome to my smithy. Now Satoru, you need to listen closely and watch my movements. If you do that you will be able to learn the Forge skill. Then we will move to the next step.](Radak)

[Is that all? Isn’t there like something that I need to do in order to gain the skill?](Satoru)

[No, I believe it’s the same as the compounding skill for alchemy. You just need to watch the process. There is also that, you need the content of the one who is doing it or else you won’t gain the skill. You can also learn by yourself but I don’t recommend that as you will lose a lot of materials. Alchemy may be easier, I don’t know much about it as I’m a blacksmith.]

[Is that so… well if its true then I’m going to do as you say.](Satoru)

I then spent a lot of time in the smithy listening and watching Radak-san do his work. For me, who only saw some forging videos on the internet it was exciting. Watching the bar go in and out of the stove. The sound of the hammer hitting the bar that reverberated in the whole room. After finishing shaping the bar he proceeded to do all the steps that were required to make a sword. When he has shown me the complete blade I heard the announcement from the goddess.

[You have learned Forging(Dwarf) skill!]

I was happy about that, I could make my weapons and armor later on. I appraised the skill as it had the race’s name on it.

[Forging(Dwarf)]: You have learned forging through a dwarf race. The resulting rank of the weapon and armor will be greater than normal forging skill.

(That’s right, the dwarf people are supposed to be the best blacksmiths in the games and novels. Thanks to him the skill is stronger than normal! Thank you very much Radak-san!)

[Now I will show you how to enhance a weapon. You must remember, the better the sword’s material and the stronger the magic crystal the better the quality of the weapon. The enhancement will result in better effect too.](Radak)

The next thing what he showed me was enhancing. He took some of the magic crystals that were laying around and put it close to the blade. Every one of them was a lot bigger than the ones I obtained. After a short incantation the crystal got swallowed by the blade and the sword shined. I could feel mana from it so I knew for sure that it was what they call a ,,Magic sword”. I tried to appraise it.

[Steel Magic sword]
[Quality]
:D+
[Ability]: Sharp blade

I saw an ability on the sword. It surprised me that the enhancing needed only that. I soon heard the announcement confirming that I got this skill as well.

[You have learned Enhancing skill!]

[Too bad that I’m not that good at enhancing. If an elf was there he could show you a better performance on the enhancing side. Well that’s all, the result is still pretty good if I say so myself.](Radak)

[Thank you very much Radak-san, so what was that thing I’m supposed to do?](Satoru)

[Not now, you are too weak at the moment. The monsters on the higher floors would just kill you. You should become stronger first as all I want are materials from the higher floors. You can go now.](Radak)

[Okay then, I will go now. I will come here when I have the money for a new weapon.](Satoru)

I left the shop and went to the city gates. I still had a lot of time so I wanted to go to the dungeon. I wanted to try going as far as I can. After leaving the city I teleported to the forest and then the dungeon when my mana was recovered. Proceeding from the first floor I killed all horned rabbits on the way and went to the second floor. I stayed on the second floor for some time to hunt goblins. I luckily encountered some small groups so I tried fighting them without stealth.

My combat thus far was only with horned rabbits after all. When I stepped in I first used wind and fire magic to take care of one to two goblins. I then dodged their attacks and stabbed one of the goblins in the neck. The green blood came out but as I immediately took out the dagger from the neck so I wasn’t dirtied. There were two to three of them left so I took care of them in the same way. Their speed was similar to a human.

(Their speed is something around a human teenager. That should be hard to evade but thanks to my skills and stats I can evade something like that. It isn’t easy of course, evading something that is in front of you. Well I should just go for the next floor, I wonder what enemy will it be.)

When I came to the location of the stairs leading to the third floor I wondered what will be waiting for me next. There wasn’t really anything that could kill me on low level floors so I could be relaxed. When I came down the scenery didn’t change. I wondered why but I soon felt my skill finding some presences. When I got close I saw the monsters casually walking around the forest. They were holding pickaxes and had fur on them, when I appraised them this came out.

[Kobold]
[Race]
: Monster
[Level]
18
[HP] 140/140
[MP] 30/30
[Physical Strength] 65
[Intelligence] 35
[Agility] 40
[Stamina] 40
[Endurance] 60
[Skills]: [Roar 1], [Smash 1], [Sense presence 1]
[Rank] F

[Roar]: When used at the enemies are confused. Allows the users location to be known.

[Smash]: Doubles your power on the next attack. Can’t be used constantly(cooldown 10 sec).

(Wow, I would like that smash skill. It seems to be pretty good. Well, maybe I can acquire it somehow. I also need to kill them fast so they don’t use that roar ability. It will be pretty bad if other ones come when I fight them. The sense presence is troublesome too. They can probably smell me if I get close.)

When I tried to attack the first one with using concealment it started looking in my direction. I predicted that they would find me as my level of concealment was the same as their sense presence.

(Even if I’m invisible and the sound doesn’t come out I can still be found out. Looks like the smell doesn’t come out too as they doesn’t seem to smell me. Their figures are like big dogs so I figured they would have good sense of smell.)

I took a leap at the nearby kobold and slashed at its neck with a dagger. It surprisingly blocked it with its pickaxe so I kicked it in the stomach. As it fell to the ground I jumped on it and stabbed the dagger in its neck. As it couldn’t block it, it died pretty easily. But this time I felt resistance, probably because its build was much more muscular than goblins. Kobolds had bigger stature and probably bigger mass as well. I took out the dagger and plunged off of its corpse. The other kobolds rushed at me, their pickaxes shined. My senses told me that its dangerous so I sidestepped and took a distance from them. Their attacks were faster and stronger than goblins but still not unavoidable. Thanks to my stats I could see them clearly now. Their pickaxes hit the ground and gouged it. I now knew why my body reacted like that.

(Shit, if I took that head on I would be full of holes right now. Its dangerous fighting with these, but its better this way. I better on evading and then counterattack. I should use magic here, I need to somehow stop them in place. My hit accuracy isn’t the best after all.)

I tried baiting them into attacking me and then using earth and water magic to bury their legs in mud. When it succeeded I killed them without waiting for them to set free. I then heard announcements in my head.

[You have leveled up!]
[You have learned No chant skill!]
[Concealment leveled up!]
[You have learned Dagger Combat skill!]

(Nice, I should be able to fight better with these. Now I can fight with magic more as the previous magic consumption was too big. One spell took around a third of my mana. I should go and see the next floor monsters after hunting here for a while. I can be in danger if I carelessly proceed forward but those monsters are too weak for me. I could level faster that way. This bad feeling that I got from the dungeon is growing stronger each day so it worries me that something bad is going to appear. For now using magic until 20% of my mana should be fine.)

After fighting those kobolds I tried to find another groups. The floors grew bigger the further you went in so the lower the floor the more monsters it has. I could find some beginner parties walking on this floor. I found some other groups and leveled up a lot. Thanks to magic and my skills, hunting them wasn't a problem anymore. After fighting the kobolds I tried to locate the entrance to the fourth floor. Thanks to the hunting I covered a lot of the area in the dungeon so I quickly found the entrance to the fourth floor.

Entering the passage I felt that nice wet feeling in the air. When I exited it I saw a rocky area. I instantly felt a big presence and dodged its attack. The monster that attacked me quickly passed by me and jumped behind a rock. It had a big body and a lot of fangs. Its figure was similar to a wolf but it was the first time for me to almost not see its attack. I got cold feet for a second but I recovered instantly because it could be dangerous for me. I tried to locate it again but I only picked up the presence when it attacked. I figured that its level of hiding skill was higher than mine.

I now prepared for an attack from the side, fired a fireball. It dodged the magic but I prepared for that and hit it with my leg. As the body was big it only rolled on the ground for 2 seconds and stood up. My attack took fourth of its HP. When I tried to do the same tactic again, it avoided my hit. It amazed me that this monster learns from its mistakes so I got a little too excited. Instead of waiting for its attack I rushed right after it when it tried to conceal itself. After jumping behind the rock I stabbed the dagger into its spine with all my might.

It didn't kill it as it still trashed around so I stabbed it again. The wolf died after that second attack so I was relieved. I harvested its magic crystal and body and put it to the item box. I wondered if its meat is edible. The magic crystal was also bigger than kobold’s and goblin’s. I tried to hunt some of the wolves as they dropped a lot of exp. My job hit max level that day. When I returned it was night already so I went to the inn and entered the room.

3