Chapter 9
583 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feeling refreshed I woke up. I was full of energy like never before. I didn’t know what happened but I was able to again do more rounds of my training. The amount of push ups and pull ups was exceeding 70. I was surprised and excited how many more I could do later.

(If one job had this much effect on my strength then I would do much more later on. Well even if the amount increases, the speed increases too. It won’t take that much time so its all good. Now then, should I get to the dungeon? I wonder if there will be a quest for some goblins. I want to try some magic as I can damage the body. They will be a perfect target for it.)

Thinking about the plans for today I walked down to take a bucket of water. After cleaning myself I went to eat and then walked to the adventurers guild afterwards. Luckily there was a request for 5 goblin magic crystals with a reward of 5 silver coins. I took it and confirmed it with Emma-san, then I went straight to the dungeon. After leaving the city I started preparing myself. I took out my dagger and noticed that I didn’t have a belt to attach it to. I needed some new clothes. But I guessed that I would need a lot more money than I needed for the dagger.

(I guess I will need to grow my strength faster so I can afford better suited clothes for this world. I’m walking with an attire weird for the people in this world. Well their opinion doesn’t really matter to me. If it’s comfortable then it’s good for now. I wonder what the second floor will look like. If there are goblins then maybe a forest? They usually appear there in games so I wonder if here is the same.)

After teleporting inside the first floor of the dungeon I looked through my memory to find the location of the stairs. They led to the second floor. The passage was dark, the stairs looked like some old stone blocks. They were in good shape though. When I finally came all the way down I saw light. When I came out the light blinded me a little. There located was a big forest, it looked almost the same as the ones outside. It confused me if im actually still in the dungeon or not. There weren’t any monsters when I looked around. The sense presence skill didn’t pick up anything either. It got me wondering if the goblins are in packs and waiting for an ambush in the forest. I grasped my dagger tight and entered the thick forest.

(I should be careful around there. I must be really sharp with my senses, as they can probably ambush me. Of course that is if they work like that. Maybe they are similar to the rabbits on the first floor. Like walking solo or in groups, well that would be helpful.)

After walking around for a while I finally picked a lot of presences. They seemed like a big group. There was 10 goblins altogether, I didn’t know how to approach them. The stealthy way would probably be the best as their location was spread out. Then I hit upon and idea.

(If there is sense presence there should be hide presence too! Why didn’t I think of that, man my gaming knowledge is going to waste if I just forget about it. I played lot of RPG’s too, what an idiot I’m. For now I should get out of here and come after acquiring it.)

I left the goblins and came somewhere safe. I didn’t pick any presences around so I began to try the trick to acquire it. I tried to thin out my presence.

(It shouldn’t be that hard to imagine. I will try to imagine my presence becoming very thin. What is that like? Well something like being one with the wind or having the light magic reflecting the light that is shining on me. Maybe both of them would be good, something like a light and wind barrier that lets me go around unnoticed without a sound. It would also make me invisible.)

When I tried my plan of acquiring the skill my mp drained at a fast rate. I couldn’t keep it up for long so I tried my best. Just as I was about to run out of mana I heard the announcement in my head.

[You have learned Concealment skill!]

[Concealment]: After activating allows you to walk around without giving out a sound and makes yourself invisible. Can conceal your status.

(Uhh, is this it or does it seem like some superior version of it. It’s a unique skill too so maybe it is a better version of some skill. Guess I will find out when I met one person with a skill like that.)

After acquiring the skill I went back to where the goblins were supposed to be. They were still there so I was happy my kills didn’t vanish somewhere. I held out my dagger and activated the skill. When I came just in front of the goblin to test the skill, it didn’t move. I sighted in relief that it worked and checked its status.

[Goblin]
[Race]
: Monster
[Level]
10
[HP] 100/100
[MP] 10/10
[Physical Strength] 32
[Intelligence] 20
[Agility] 28
[Stamina] 26
[Endurance] 25
[Skills]: [Club Mastery 1],
[Rank] F

There was something new that I didn’t see before. It was the monsters rank, it probably indicated the strength of the monster. It did hold a club in its right hand so the skill was appropriate. After checking everything about its status I stepped behind him and stabbed its neck. I was pretty reluctant to do it but I needed to do it. I braved myself before stabbing the dagger in it’s flesh with all force. Due to it the cut was clean and the goblin died instantly. I got some level ups from this alone. I then stabbed it in its chest and took out the magic crystal.

(Nine more to go, I need to do this! I can’t behave like some scary cat after doing it once. Yosh it’s all better now, let’s start leveling up! I need to stab them finely, otherwise I will break the dagger.)

I proceeded to take out all of the goblins. After finishing them my level rose up quite a bit. It seemed that even if they had lower levels they still gave out more experience. They gave more than the monsters on the first floor. I proceeded to take out their magic crystals so all that was left now were corpses. I desperately tried to shake off the disgusting feeling of cutting the flesh with a dagger. It was especially bad because the figure was humanoid. The one thing I knew that it was again thanks to this skill the goddess gave me.

(Normally I would probably throw up form that feeling. Thank you goddess for this skill! It’s really showing its effects this early. I honestly think its a great skill, it is a one that make me a cheat character too! I need to go now, the goblins won’t hunt themselves right?)

I again proceeded to walk through the forest. On the way I surprisingly found some medicinal herbs. They were the same ones I gathered in the special place. After taking them I started looking again. There weren’t many of the goblins on the second floor. After scouting the whole floor and locating the entrance to the third floor I summed up all of the results. They weren’t the best.

(I only managed to get another 2 big groups of goblins huh. I didn’t see adventurers here so they most likely just walk past the second floor as the only materials you can get here are the magic crystals. I read in the books that these magic crystals are used to enhance the armor and weapons. I should get a forging skill as soon as possible. If I do it alone the cost won’t be much. I guess I should look how to learn the forging skill. That dwarf had that skill, I wonder if he will accept if I ask him to teach me. Well that will be for later, now the important thing is to level up as much as possible.)

I came back to the first floor and teleported outside. It didn’t took me that long so the time was around evening. I came to the guild to complete my report and sell most of the magic crystals. I left 5 with me, as maybe I will need it later. Then I came to the blacksmith again to ask the dwarf for help. This time he was sitting behind the counter.

[Hello again Radak-san I want to ask you something.](Satoru)

[What is it now? Did you break your weapon?](Radak)

[No no, what I wanted to ask you was if you could teach me how to forge things. You should know how to enhance weapons and armor too right?](Satoru)

After I said that he made a cramped face. I wondered if I did something wrong and felt a little unease. But he soon made a smile and said.

[Haha you are the first one who asked me to teach him. Sure Satoru, but you can’t be halfhearted about this you hear!](Radak)

[Yes sir! I will put my all into this!](Satoru)

[Good! Come tomorrow, I will prepare the tools. You will need to do me a favor later.](Radak)

[Okay then, see you tomorrow Radak-san](Satoru)

I left the shop and felt that I achieved something great. It worked out pretty well.

(I didn’t expect it to go that well. I will need to prepare myself for tomorrow I guess. Now all that’s left is going to the inn, but I guess a little run around the city won’t hurt. I wonder how many circles I can do without getting tired.)

I proceeded to run around the city with the intention to test the limit of my stamina. The city was pretty big so my stamina lasted only for 3 circles. I still was a lot so I came to the inn satisfied. I cleaned myself with water magic outside and then dried it off with wind magic. After eating 2 portions of the meal I went to sleep and ended the day.

4