Chapter 8
590 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the next morning arrived I did my usual routine. Coming down the stairs and eating the meal. Then I went to the adventurers guild because I wanted to accept a quest. And while at it get some information about the dungeon. As I arrived at the guild I immediately came to the big boards to see quests. There weren’t that many people, contrary to usual. I saw a request for 15 horned rabbits.

(The reward is 5 silver coins. Its almost triple the worth of the rabbits! Let’s take it as im going to hunt them anyway.)

As I saw that everyone take the quests and go to the counter, I mimicked them. I took it from the board and joined the line to the counter where Emma is at. I started wondering if Emma is popular as the line to her was longer than the one to the girl beside her. I only saw that as short as it was it still didn’t reduce that much. It seemed that that girl is slower than Emma, I wondered if she is a new receptionist. Well I joined the line to Emma as it seems its faster and I already know her a little. I wanted to ask her something too. When my turn finally came I greeted Emma and handed her the quest. She greeted me back and signed that I took this request. I then asked her the thing I wanted to, about the second floor of the dungeon.

[Emma-san I would like to know what are the monsters on the second floor.](Satoru)

[Second floor is it? They are goblins, please remember that only their magic crystal is valuable.](Emma)

[A magic crystal? What is that magic crystal you are talking about?](Satoru)

[A magic crystal is like a heart of the monster, they have it in their body. It’s mostly in the chest area.](Emma)

[Umm, do horned rabbits have magic crystals too?](Satoru)

[They don’t have one, they are more like normal animals. It is bizarre considering that they are monsters but they don’t have a magic crystal. This fact is still unexplained to this day.](Emma)

[And what am I supposed to do with the body after I take its magic crystal?](Satoru)

[Just leave it, the dungeon will absorb it after a while.](Emma)

[Okay, thanks for the information, bye.](Satoru)

As I said that I walked off and left the guild. Then I came to the gates to leave the city. Alfred wasn’t here today so I just walked past the guards. After exiting the city I followed the route to the dungeon. Halfway through I entered the forest and teleported to the middle of the dungeon. The fights weren’t really that hard anymore as I grew accustomed to their movements. I again wondered if this is the result of that skill.

(I know that humans can adapt pretty quickly but that’s too short of a time. Well it’s good that I don’t get hurt anymore even if I fight a group of four. I probably could handle five but above that is impossible for the current me. I need to get a weapon fast and get stronger faster. I don’t know what but I have a feeling something will happen in the future. I don’t know what and when but it’s like my body tells me there will be danger. This skill sure is amazing, to boost my survival skills to such an extent. I wonder if I will be able to punch holes in walls or something. Same with magic, right now I can’t use it much as I don’t have much mana. But after I get to stronger monsters I will use it to my heart’s content. I should hunt as many as I can today! The goal is to max out my job to lvl 100.)

I began to hunt for all the horned rabbits in the first floor. I was like some hungry animal, when I saw one I killed one. It was like a switch has been flipped inside of me. I didn’t even notice that my behavior changed. I continued this cycle for the rest of the day. After killing around 60 rabbits I finally hit 100 level on my job. As I always appraised my enemies my appraisal skill leveled up. There were some of the skills that leveled up too. I then checked my status.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Sex] Male
[Age] 16
[Level] 100(MAX)
[Job] Apprentice Fighter
[HP] 300/300
[MP] 150/150
[Physical Strength] 265
[Intelligence] 50
[Agility] 265
[Stamina] 260
[Endurance] 250
[Skills]:
[Fatigue resistance 4],

[Mana manipulation 1], [Fire magic 1], [Ice magic 1], [Water magic 1],
[Earth magic 1], [Wind magic 1], [Lightning magic 1], [Dark magic 1], [Light magic 1],
[Space magic 1].

[Cooking 2], [Cleaning 1]

[Hard body 3], [Sense presence 2], [Hand to hand combat 2]
[Unique]: [Language comprehension], [Akashas divine protection], [Item box],
[Appraisal 4], [Out of boundaries], [Keen sense], [????]
[Titles]: [Multi elemental magician], [????]

My status was much better than before I came to this world. I then checked if I got any new jobs. I focused on the job category and the result was this.

Choose the job: [Apprentice Warrior(low grade)], [Fighter(low grade), [Apprentice Swordsman(low grade)].[Apprentice Mage(low grade)], [Apprentice Scout(low grade)]

This time I chose apprentice mage as I wanted to buff my magic stats. When I did so the job appeared on my status and there was something new when I focused on the job column.

[Job history]: [Apprentice Fighter]

Nice, so after choosing my next job I unlocked the job history. The guys at the inn probably had one but I didn’t care about them so I didn’t get a closer look at it.

Finally finishing the hunt I went to the middle of the floor and teleported to the woods around the road. It didn’t take all of my mana this time so I could walk right away. I needed to do this until I get more mana to teleport to further distances. I casually entered the city and went to the adventurers guild. I wanted to get my pay as fast as possible in order to go and buy that dagger in the blacksmith. I hoped it still wasn’t bought, finally arriving at the guild I went to Emma-san in order to finish my quest. She was wearing the usual smile as always. What I didn’t know was that the smile she shows me isn’t the same as she shows the others. To others it was a business smile and to me it was probably a pure smile.

[How did you do on your quest Satoru-san?](Emma)

[I finished it, also I have a question. Is the rest of the rabbits going for the normal price? I have quite a lot of them.](Satoru)

[Well if you have more than required then yes, they aren’t included in the quest.](Emma)

She started going in the direction where Hugo was at. As he saw us he quickly opened the back door and came inside. We followed after him and I began to take out the rabbits. As Emma-san saw the amount of rabbits I hunted for the first time she was a little dumbfounded. I guessed she didn’t expect me to take out 60 rabbits at once. After Hugo counted them we again came to the counter and she gave me the pay and reward. The reward was 5 silver coins and the rest went for 9 silver coins. I finally had the finance to buy the dagger. I said goodbye and went out of the guild. Arriving at the blacksmith I entered the shop. When I looked around appraising the daggers I found it. It was still there so I grabbed it and came to the counter. There wasn’t anyone so I shouted if anyone was there.

[Hello! Is anyone there?](Satoru)

[I’m coming!](?)

After a while a person came from the back. He had a good body build, muscles stacked on each other. He had long beard and was very short. When I appraised him, what came out was his status and there I saw… a different race from human. It was a dwarf, the very first race that I saw in this world. A race different from human. I wondered if there are other races like elfes or beastmen as I didn’t see them around. I always had fantasies of having a harem of girls of different races. But I knew it wouldn’t be that easy to achieve this dream. I showed him the dagger that I wanted to buy. He looked at me for a while and then said.

[You have good eyes kid. This dagger is one of the better ones in that pile.](Blacksmith)

[Thank you I guess? So can I buy it?](Satoru)

[Yeah yeah, that will be 25 sliver coins.](Blacksmith)

[Here you go, I will come again if I have something to buy.](Satoru)

[Good luck out there kid. I hope you will use it well. Also come to me if you have any sort of good material. I can make you armor or weapons out of them.](Blacksmith)

[Then I will come if I have good materials errr](Satoru)

[It’s Radak.](Radak)

[Radak-san then, I’m Satoru. And where can I get those good materials?](Satoru)

[Well they are hard to get but I suppose the 16 to 20 floor of the dungeon should be good. The monsters there have good materials but you need to kill them with magic. You should get a magician in your party before you go to these floors as I can’t see if you are one.](Radak)

[Thank you for the advice. I will come if I will need a better weapon.](Satoru)

The dagger was with a sheath for it so I stored it in the item box. I went to the inn to eat the food. This time I paid 2 copper and ordered more food as I was more hungry than before. After eating double of my normal share I came to my room. When I arrived at my room I went to sleep as I was again exhausted from hunting too much.

4