Chapter 11
515 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seventh day of my life in this world came. I woke up and was feeling hungry, the fault of that was probably because I didn't eat last night. I did the morning exercise and came down to eat. I felt like I could eat three portions so I ordered more for 4 copper. It was delicious food for such a low price so there was no downside. I wondered if they are making profit but I soon destroyed that way of thinking. They wouldn't be working here if they didn't. Then Maria came over with food.

[What were you doing yesterday? You didn't come for supper after all.](Maria)

[Well I was trying to see how far into the dungeon I can go.](Satoru)

[Wow! So how far did you go? Please tell me!](Maria)

She insisted for me to tell her. I could see that she loves stories about the dungeon. I agreed and told her about my experience.

[I'm not that strong so I could only come down to the fourth floor. If I remember correctly there is a boss on the fifth floor.](Satoru)

[To the fourth floor? And how strong were the monsters?](Maria)

[They were big wolves. They fought stealthy, hiding behind the rocks. They start to attack you when you let your guard down. Their speed was on par with mine.](Satoru)

[And you defeated them?](Maria)

Maria’s eyes shined like stars and began asking me more questions. I of course answered to all of them. At this point Maria realized that her face was looking directly at mine from up close. She pulled her face back and was embarrassed.

[Awawawa s-sorry. Whenever I hear a story about the dungeon I get too excited.](Maria)

(Cute, just like my little sister… I wonder if she is doing fine. I will try to contact the goddess when I get the right amount of mana. She should know about her circumstances. But I feel that the mana I have right now is too little. I should go to the dungeon today too but first I will sell the materials from monsters. I won't sell magic crystals though, maybe I can enhance my dagger with them. I have quite a lot after all.)

I then ate all of my food and said goodbye to Maria. My walking speed almost doubled because of my stats. I got to the guild quickly and sold the materials to Hugo-san. When I began to drop goblins and kobolds he was a little surprised. But when I took out the wolf he said to me with a loud voice.

[You killed the Forest wolf, the killer of newbies?!](Hugo)

[Forest wolf? Ahh that's its name. They were a little hard to deal with thanks to them hiding their presence. And killer of newbies you say? Are they really that hard to deal with?](Satoru)

[Yes they are, their speed isn't anything too scoff at. Their hide presence skill is also very good with it. Both combined make a deadly combo which lower rank adventurers can't react to.](Hugo)

[Is that so? Well it almost got me too when I entered the fourth floor so I can understand. Anyway that's all of them, can I have the payment now?](Satoru)

[Sigh, right away.](Hugo)

I took the money and came to the boards to look for a quest. There weren’t any interesting ones so I went out of the guild. When I came out of the city I could finally teleport to the dungeon from under the city walls. I did a guts pose and teleported to the dungeon directly. I could only teleport to the first floor but as it isn't hard to remember. Thanks to the skill I knew where the stairs were so I proceeded to go down. I ran all the way to the fourth floor. When I came to the entrance I stopped and took out my dagger along with some magic crystals. I put the magic crystals down and placed the dagger in them. When I used the skill all of the magic crystals merged into one and a column was displayed.

[Metal dagger]
[Quality]:E+
[Enhancement]: [Sharp blade]

I picked the only enhancement that I have. The magic crystal got absorbed into the dagger and the dagger shined. It looked the same as the one that Radak-san did. I appraised it again to see if everything succeeded.

[Metal dagger]
[Quality]:F
[Ability]: [Sharp blade]

(The quality of the equipment went up thanks to the enhancing. I only have that enhancement since my level of skill is too low huh. Well I will upgrade it quickly if I make something like enhanced throwing knifes. For now its enough, the hunt for wolves will be easier with this. Now to choose a job as my level hit 100 yesterday.)

Choose job:[Apprentice Warrior(low grade)], [Fighter(low grade)], [Apprentice Swordsman(low grade)], [Apprentice Scout(low grade)],[Mage(low grade)],[Elementalist(middle grade)],[Blacksmith(low grade)],[Enchanter(low grade)]

[Job history]: [Apprentice Fighter],[Apprentice Mage]

I chose [Apprentice Warrior] as I wanted to kill the boss as soon as I could. What amazed me was the growth of my status after maxing out Mage. It turned out that I gained another 400 Mp. The points in the intelligence also increased by 200.

(So the distribution of points is 1 for intelligence and 2 for mana? So the points you get for level depends on the job and grade. It seems my earlier speculation was wrong. Well its all good, better know it now than later.)

[You have learned Smash skill!]

(I gained a skill too, wait! It’s the skill that I wanted to have. Killing monsters will be a lot faster now. This should help with the boss too! I’m on a great path for power if I do say so myself. Now its time for hunting! Thanks to the earlier fights with the wolves I learned that my concealment is enough of a level for me to ambush them. They are low level monsters after all so their skills aren’t that high of a level.)

I used concealment and holding the dagger vanished from the entrance. I came to the rocky area and proceeded to look for monsters. After a bit of time I saw one. I tried to appraise it as I didn’t use concealment earlier.

[Forest Wolf]
[Race]
: Monster
[Level]
24
[HP] 280/280
[MP] 50/50
[Physical Strength] 80
[Intelligence] 90
[Agility] 180
[Stamina] 80
[Endurance] 80
[Skills]: [Sense presence 1],[Hide presence 3],[Rush 2]
[Rank] F

(Full agility build huh. Well its attack isn’t that high so it doesn’t matter if it bites me or not. I don’t want to be bitten of course. It will hurt for sure and a lone idea of a wolf biting my flesh sends a shiver down my spine. This world is dangerous after all.)

As it didn’t sense me I tried to attack with magic. It couldn’t evade in time and got hit. I quickly followed up and activating smash hit it with the dagger at full force. It was still trashing so I did one more normal stab. After a shriek its body had fallen on the ground. I was pretty happy with the result. The magic that I used this time was dark magic. I used it in order, to level up all of the attributes. I then continued hunting the wolves. When I was relentlessly hunting I heard two announcements that said my skills leveled up. They were the following skills:

[Sense presence leveled up!]
[Hand to hand combat leveled up!]

After the sense presence leveled up I could finally locate the wolves. There were quite a lot of them. I knew my efficiency and speed would be faster than before so I got to it. My hunting consisted of hiding my presence and hitting them with magic first. Then follow with a hit from the dagger or my fist. Even if the grade of the job was low it still gave me almost half of the exp needed. I was curious about the boss on the fifth floor so I located the stairs and went down. After some steps there were two Huge metal doors that were in the hallway. I opened it slightly and took a peek on the inside. There I saw a huge monster. Its size was around one and a half of mine. It had a big wooden club, most likely made out of a whole tree. Around it were goblins, but I had a feeling they weren’t ordinary goblins. I appraised all of them.

[Goblin General]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 35
[HP] 2000/2000
[MP] 300/300
[Physical Strength] 400
[Intelligence] 100
[Agility] 160
[Stamina] 250
[Endurance] 300
[Skills]: [Club Mastery 3], [Roar 3], [Leadership 2], [Smash 2]
[Rank] E

[Goblin Swordsman x2]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 25
[HP] 250/250
[MP] 40/40
[Physical Strength] 90
[Intelligence] 50
[Agility] 80
[Stamina] 60
[Endurance] 60
[Skills]: [Swordsmanship 1]
[Rank] F

[Goblin Archer x2]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 25
[HP] 150/150
[MP] 50/50
[Physical Strength] 70
[Intelligence] 50
[Agility] 80
[Stamina] 60
[Endurance] 60
[Skills]: [Archery 1]
[Rank] F

[Goblin Mage x2]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 25
[HP] 150/150
[MP] 100/100
[Physical Strength] 40
[Intelligence] 90
[Agility] 60
[Stamina] 60
[Endurance] 60
[Skills]: [Fire magic 1]
[Rank] F

(Wow that guy is so strong. I will need to kill the mages and archers first. They don’t have sense presence so I can deal with them. Then comes the fight with the two swordsman’s and the boss huh? Well I don’t need to care right now as I still want to level up my third job to the max before I fight them. Now I should return to the hunt.)

I didn’t want to waste more time so I continued to hunt the wolves. I didn’t see any people on this floor even after hunting for that long. I wondered if this floor is simply too inefficient to others.

(They probably don’t have any scouting skills so finding the wolves is hard for them. That’s not in my case though. I can sense the after all. Enough about that, this should do for today. I hunted quite a lot so I I maybe able to hit max level tomorrow. I’m so hungry right now, can’t wait to taste the inn’s cooking.)

I didn’t waste my time and teleported to the castle gates. I entered the city and went straight to the inn. After eating I jumped on the bed and closed my eyes. After a while the drowsiness won and my consciousness faded.

4