Chapter 12
530 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eight morning came. I still feeling drowsy woke up.

[Why am I so tired today? Did I hunt too much in the dungeon so the backslash is here?]

I did all of my actions that I started doing when I came to this world and left for dinner. I still didn’t know why the people in this world only had morning and late evening as times for eating the meals. I started to have more needs than before so I bought more food. Thanks to that I could always be at my 100% efficiency. I came down the stairs and ate the delicious food. Maria then accompanied me when I was eating my meal.

[You look tired today Satoru-san.](Maria)

[Well, I just hunted too much in the last days so I believe the tiredness came to me. But thanks to eating these delicious meals everyday I can still be in the best form!](Satoru)

I did a guts pose and put on a smile. I wanted to defeat the boss today so I was feeling quite excited.

[You work very hard don’t you? Satoru-san is the only person that I know who is working so hard in the dungeon.](Maria)

[Thank you for that, I want to be stronger after all.](Satoru)

(There is still a lot of places to see in this world. If the goddess is saying the truth then this world is in danger. If I don’t become strong enough then I can say goodbye to the different foods and attractions of this world. Okay, I can’t be thinking about such things for now. I will go to the guild to sell things and then straight to the dungeon.)

I ended out talk and thanked for the food. Exiting the inn I hoped for my well being. I started looking around but only then I found out. All of the adventurers in this city were human. There weren’t any other races here aside from Radak-san. I didn’t know if the cause of that is discrimination or something else. I arrived at the guild and entered it. I came to Hugo-san to sell the materials.

[Hey Hugo-san, I have come to sell the materials.](Satoru)

[It’s fine boy, by the way can you give Emma your guild card?](Hugo)

[Yeah sure, no problem. Buy can I ask why does she need it?](Satoru)

[Well the guild wants to raise your rank to F since you always sell a lot of monster materials.](Hugo)

[So its that, well that’s fine.](Satoru)

After leaving all the corpses to Hugo-san I left the room. I waited for Hugo-san to count the monsters and then received the money from him. Then I came to Emma-san’s desk to give her my card.

[Hello Emma-san, Hugo-san told me to give you my guild card.](Satoru)

[Ah yes please](Emma)

I gave her the card and stood in my place for a while. She left to the back door and after some time came back holding my card. My rank changed from G to F so I was happy. I could accept higher rank requests. But I saw that most of them were from other towns. The rest was for materials from the dungeon. They were mostly from higher floors so their ranks were higher as well. I said my goodbyes and exited the guild. Thanks to me being in the guild only in morning and evening I didn’t have any ,,templates” happening so I was relieved.

After that I left the city and entered the dungeon. There my battle with time started. I wanted to hit level 100 as soon as possible so I could fight the boss today. It wasn’t that hard of a challenge but it had that feeling. I just hunted relentlessly using all of my skills and attacks. It took me some time but I finally hit the level 100 mark. In the process of leveling all of my magic skills went up by a level. The smash and dagger combat skill level also went up as I used it non stop. I was happy about that because that meant I could spam around more magic. My status after leveling looked like that.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Sex] Male
[Age] 16
[Level] 100(MAX)
[Job] Apprentice Warrior
[Job history]: [Apprentice Fighter], [Apprentice Mage], [Apprentice Warrior]
[HP] 500/500
[MP] 550/550
[Physical Strength] 465
[Intelligence] 250
[Agility] 465
[Stamina] 460
[Endurance] 450
[Skills]: [Fatigue resistance 4],

[Mana manipulation 2], [Fire magic 2], [Ice magic 2], [Water magic 2],
[Earth magic 2], [Wind magic 2], [Lightning magic 2], [Dark magic 2], [Light magic 2],
[Space magic 2]

[Cooking 2], [Cleaning 1], [Forging(Dwarf) 1], [Enhancing 1]

[Hard body 3], [Sense presence 3], [Hand to hand combat 3], [Dagger combat 2],
[Smash 2],
[Unique]: [Language comprehension], [Akashas divine protection], [Item box], [Appraisal 4], [Out of boundaries], [Keen sense], [No chant], [Concealment 2], [????]
[Titles]: [Multi elemental magician], [????]

I saw these numbers and was amazed. I had more stats that that boss. My skill was more powerful the more jobs I had. I wanted to chose a new job to not lose the exp from the boss.

Choose job:[Fighter(low grade)], [Apprentice Swordsman(low grade)], [Apprentice Scout(low grade)],[Mage(low grade)],[Elementalist(middle grade)],[Blacksmith(low grade)],[Enchanter(low grade)],[Warrior(low grade)]

[Job history]: [Apprentice Fighter], [Apprentice Mage], [Apprentice Warrior]

(I will chose Apprentice Swordsman as I will soon wield a sword anyway. I wonder if I should wait to buy a better sword or just buy the metal one. That dagger that I bought is still good even after I used it this much. Maybe its just the matter of me handling it or its because I enhanced it. But I don’t think it will last more than 2 to 3 days. I use it almost always so its must be losing its durability pretty quickly.)

I came down the stairs and saw the big doors. This was the last chance to take a rest so I took a break.

(So I will need to take care of all the other goblins first. Then comes the battle with the boss. Its HP is four times higher than mine so I will need to be careful. I should attack the archers with magic and kill the mages both at the same time while being concealed. It won’t be that hard to do as I can just hit them with 2 attributes.)

Summarizing the my plan I used concealment and entered the boss room. The monsters stayed in the same position so I was thankful for that. Luckily the mages and archers stood near themselves so hitting them with magic was easier. I circled behind the boss and the two goblin swordsman’s. I then saw the backs of the mages and archers. When I prepared the double element magic I hit the archers in the back at full power. The more mana I put the stronger the magic was so I put quite a lot. Just enough to one shot them, I couldn’t deal with them when I’m fighting with the boss.

Just as the magic was about to hit the archers I jumped to the mages. The first one was dealt with by combo and smash. The second one was hit with my fist which was also enhanced with smash. Why? That’s because I discovered it when fighting the wolves. At one time when I was about to hit my prey another one came out and jumped at me. I already sensed him and tried to turn my body just enough to hit it with a punch.

When my punch connected the wolf was blasted away. It had only half of its HP left. That’s why using it when attacking with both hands can work too. You just have to attack at the same time as it registers it as one attack. The goblins in the back line were dealt with, now all that reminded was the boss and his vanguards.

The boss reacted quickly and came to me, after him ran the vanguards. It swung its wooden club and I dodged it. I could clearly see it coming straight at me. The effects of my speed were showing. As I dodged its attack the two goblins came and slashed at me horizontally. I was paying attention to the boss too much so those attacks grazed me. I backed off to heal myself. When my healing ended I saw that the boss is closing in again. It looked like he would swing in the same way again so I back stepped.

After dodging its next hit I focused on the swordsman’s. They were about to attack me so I jumped over them. I only then found out that I could jump that high. While in the air I bombarded them with magic. They have fallen on the ground and died. The last one now was the boss. The fight with it was easier when it fought me one on one. When its subordinates died he came at me in rage. It’s swings were faster than before but I could still see them clearly.

I waited for it to do a vertical attack again. After a couple of attacks later he finally attacked vertically. I moved just enough to not get hit and jumped at its face. I stabbed its throat and tried to remove it immediately but I couldn’t. In my desperation I rotated my body and hit its face with my knee. When my knee connected, his head went up and the muscles that were tightening around my dagger lessened. I pulled out the dagger from its neck and when jumping back fire my magic.

(Half of its HP is already gone and I have around 40% of my mana. I will switch to hit and run tactic as it should be effective. Its speed isn’t faster than mine so I can just bait him into attacking. Then after baiting him I should just teleport behind him and slash him with the dagger.)

When the Goblin general regained its posture I charged at him. He swung his mace at me, but when the mace was about to connect I vanished and appeared behind him. I hit his body repeatedly to accumulate as much damage as possible. When it turned around and swung its mace in rage I was already at its back again. This strategy worked for 2 more times but it didn’t work on the third one as the boss started rotating. Its whole body was spinning around, making it hard to attack. Even if I unleashed my magic attacks they didn’t get through. Its HP was very low, if I hit it with 2 or 3 attacks it would go down. I ran around and waited patiently for it to lose its stamina. It followed me so I ran around in circles to not carelessly run into it.

(It shouldn’t have much stamina left. Considering its wild swinging before, it should stop after a while. I will just wait for the moment when it tires itself out. Then I will finish it.)

After 30 seconds or so it stopped spinning. It seemed that the spinning has made the boss vulnerable as head was still spinning. I didn’t waste that opportunity and went for the kill. I stabbed it with my dagger along with smash. After defeating it my dagger broke.

(Well I knew that its durability was at its end so thank god that it didn’t break in the middle of the fight. The fight would be much longer without it. Thank you very much my first dagger, hope you will find peace somewhere else. Now I should take the magic crystals and go back home.)

When I began to rip off the flesh of the monsters with the broken dagger the announcements came.

[You have leveled up!]
[Hard body leveled up!]

(I gained so much experience from the boss. It must be a lot as even the hard body skill leveled up. I will see tomorrow what are the enemies of the next four floors. I wonder how much will this crystal sell for. Too bad I can’t farm the boss, I mean I can but that will take too much time. It respawns after 30 minutes so I can fight other monsters when its timer is going down. Even if I could do that I don’t have the weapon to fight it. I don’t have that much confidence in taking a hit from that big club. I have a lot of money now thanks to farming the wolves. I should work on making potions too. I said I wanted to have every crafting skill possible so I didn’t have to waste money on those things. I only need bottles to craft the potions as I have the rest of the ingredients.)

I finished taking out the magic crystals and came down to the next floor. I couldn’t teleport there if I didn’t came to this location after all. I teleported back to the city. I had to go through the gates every time to not let the people notice.

(If someone knew I could use space magic I could get attacked. I will use it openly when I get stronger, strong enough to protect myself. Maybe after I finish this dungeon I will be strong enough. Now time to eat, I wonder what I will be eating today. They always come with different dishes and all of them are delicious.)

I came to the inn and ate my food. After eating three portions of food I came to my room and went to sleep. I was satisfied with today’s results.

3