Chapter 17
503 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My status after the fight looked like this.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Age] 16
[Level] 50
[Job] Swordsman
[Job history]: [Apprentice Fighter], [Apprentice Mage], [Apprentice Warrior], [Apprentice Swordsman], [Fighter], [Mage], [Apprentice Scout],
[HP] 1000/1000
[MP] 950/950
[Physical Strength] 1005
[Intelligence] 850
[Agility] 1205
[Stamina] 1100
[Endurance] 990
[Skills]:
[Fatigue resistance 5], [Paralysis resistance 2], [Poison resistance 2], [Pain resistance 1]

[Mana manipulation 3], [Fire magic 3], [Ice magic 3], [Water magic 3],
[Earth magic 3], [Wind magic 3], [Lightning magic 3], [Dark magic 3], [Light magic 4],
[Space magic 3], [No-attribute magic 2], [Mana perception 1]

[Cooking 2], [Cleaning 1], [Forging(Dwarf) 1], [Enchanting 2]

[Hard body 4(+80 physic stats)], [Sense presence 5], [Hand to hand combat 3], [Dagger combat 2], [Smash 3], [Swordsmanship 1], [Charge 1]
[Unique]: [Language comprehension], [Akashas divine protection], [Item box], [Appraisal 6], [Out of boundaries], [Keen sense], [No chant], [Concealment 3], [Map][????]
[Titles]: [Multi elemental magician], [????]

[Charge]: Accumulate magic to the next attack. The more mana is used the more damage it will deal. Can imbue an attribute effect.

(Wowzers, I have so many skills now. I barely defeated the boss, if I was careless for a second while fighting it I would have died for sure. This feeling when I fight is great as I finally have to move my body. On earth I couldn't do something like that, I didn’t have as much fun there as here. I can’t even compare playing games to this. I feel like I have grown considerably stronger than before the fight. I can see the movements of a monster with agility on a level that surpasses mine.)

I sat there for a minute or two and finally got up. I stored the bodies, washed my clothes from my blood and left the boss room. The cleaning skill seemed to help me remove the stains from the clothes that would normally be hard to remove. I soon arrived on the sixteenth floor. The feeling here was tense, unlike the previous floors this floor had monsters on the level of the alpha wolves. Soon I noticed that the enemies on this floor are the exact same alpha wolves that I fought. They were moving in groups unlike the wolves on the lower floors. There were less of them though. I didn’t progress anymore and hunted the wolves instead. Fighting with them wasn’t very hard because I had already accustomed to their speed. I used the tactic that let me defeat the wolves easily so my level rose quickly. Defeating them in this manner didn’t take much time so I hunted them very fast. After several of dozens of fights my level hit 100 again.

[You have leveled up!]
[Swordsmanship leveled up!]
[Ice magic leveled up!]

Choose job:[Warrior(low grade)], [Elementalist(middle grade)],[Blacksmith(low grade)],[Enchanter(low grade)], [Wizard(middle grade)], [Fire Mage(middle grade)], [Ice Mage(middle grade)], [Wind Mage(middle grade)], [Earth Mage(middle grade)], [Lightning Mage(middle grade)], [Light Mage(middle grade)], [Dark Mage(middle grade)], [Water Mage(middle grade)], [Thief(low grade)], [Scout(low grade)], [Magic Fist(middle grade)], [Grappler(low grade)]

(I finally have a high grade job! That’s good to know, the better the job the more stat points I will get. I will take grappler for now though.)

I chose grappler and as I was going to continue the hunt I heard the announcement again.

[Hard body leveled up!]
[Hand to hand combat leveled up!]

I still had a lot of time so I grinded more and more. If the horde of monsters was going to show up I needed to be as powerful as I could be. At The end of the day my level went up to 83. It seemed that grappler job needed much more exp than the other ones. The higher the level the more exp I would need to get to the next one.

I left the dungeon and went back to the city. I went to the adventurers guild to sell the monsters and give the ones for the quest. I again entered the back door and took out all of the monster corpses along with all the lizardmen. I actually was able to take out the crystals from the monsters in the item box. I left the lizardmen with their crystal in because I had better ones from the wolves. I took out the rest of the corpses that I hunted today. The only corpse that I saved was the bosses corpse. I wanted to know if Radak-san could make me armor out of its skin as my current outfit was torn thanks to the wolf’s attack. I wondered how will it taste as well.

[You never cease to amaze me Satoru. You even hunt Beta wolves now. You have the ablility of a D rank right now don’t you.](Hugo)

[Haha more or less.](Satoru)

I then got the money for the materials and came to the counter to return the quest to Emma. After getting the reward I walked to the weapons shop. I saw that it was still open so I entered inside. Rakad-san was sitting on a chair behind the counter so I came up to him.

[Hey Radak-san, do you take orders for armor and such?](Satoru)

[Well yeah, what have you got now kid?](Radak)

[I wanted you to make armor for me and also see how it’s made. Can you do that?](Satoru)

[Armor out of what? There aren’t any good materials until the fifteenth floor.](Radak)

[And that’s exactly where the material is from.](Satoru)

[Is that so? Sure, but you will have to pay the appropriate amount that is two gold coins.](Radak)

[Okay then, when can you make it?](Satoru)

[I will have time tomorrow, come here in the morning. Making it will take much time.](Radak)

[Okay then, I will come tomorrow.](Satoru)

I went out of the shop and came to the inn. Ate the delicious meal as always and came went to sleep. Another day passed and the next day came. It was the thirteenth day, I had one more day of accommodation in the inn but left it for tomorrow. After doing the usual morning routine I ate my meal and came to Radak-san’s shop. He got up from his seat as soon as he found me and asked me to follow him. I did as he told me and we arrived in his workshop. I took out the beta wolf's fur and his eyes widened.

[You have got that much of a share from the fight?](Radak)

[Share? What share?](Satoru)

[You tell me that you got all of it?](Radak)

[Yeah? It belongs to me since I hunted it myself.](Satoru)

He was dumbfounded for a while but soon started working on it. I saw every step of making the armor and I even helped.

[You have learned Armor creation!]

[Armor creation leveled up!]

After getting the armor done I tried it on me. The armor looked very cool so I was satisfied. I also appraised it.

[Beta Wolf's Armor]
[Quality]
:D
[Ability]: [Slash resistance], [Magic resistance], [Toughness]

(Sweet! I finally have some protection and it's quite good. If an armor this good is rank D then I wonder what are the higher ranked armors like. They must be very powerful indeed.)

[Also Radak-san I would like to buy another sword too.](Satoru)

[A weapon suitable for the monsters on the upper floors? Wait a second](Radak)

He then went to the workshop again and I could hear his voice thanks to the door being open.

[It should be around here… oh there it is.](Radak)

He soon came back holding a dark sword.

[Here you go, this sword is made out of dark steel. It's the highest material from around here. There is another material that is better than this one here but it's very rare. It drops from a rare monster after all.](Radak)

I appraised the sword to check it.

[Dark Steel Sword]
[Quality]
:D
[Ability]: [Sharp Edge], [Toughness], [Magic Edge]

[Magic Edge]: Makes it easier to imbue the weapon with mana. Shoots a shock wave upon unleashing the mana.

[Okay I will buy it. What is the price?](Satoru)

[I will sell it for one gold coin and 80 silver, how is that?](Radak)

[Deal!](Satoru)

[Also about that promise, the materials that I want are from the beta wolves on the twenty first floor. It’s about ten whole wolves.](Radak)

[Sure thing.](Satoru)

I took the sword and wore the armor. I stored the sword in the item box after leaving the shop and went to the guild. I looked for some quests but as I had rank F the quests I could take were easy. I picked some of them and came to the counter. The line wasn't long so I soon got the quests I wanted and went out.

I first have done the quests for the guild, which weren't hard to do. I needed to rank up because my strength was at least E rank. The quests were for lizardmen and some other monsters from lower floors. After doing all of them I continued to hunt the beta wolves on the sixteenth floor. Thanks to the quests I was almost at max level so after killing the first three I hit level 100.

Choose job:[Warrior(low grade)], [Elementalist(middle grade)],[Blacksmith(low grade)],[Enchanter(low grade)], [Wizard(middle grade)], [Fire Mage(middle grade)], [Ice Mage(middle grade)], [Wind Mage(middle grade)], [Earth Mage(middle grade)], [Lightning Mage(middle grade)], [Light Mage(middle grade)], [Dark Mage(middle grade)], [Water Mage(middle grade)], [Thief(low grade)], [Scout(low grade)], [Knight(middle grade)], [Magic Swordsman(high grade)], [Magic Fist(middle grade)]

I chose the job warrior and continued to hunt the wolves. Fighting the wolves was much easier thanks to the new sword. I started dual wielding them as I always wanted to try it out. It surprisingly felt great to wield them this way. In the near future I wanted to try out a bastard sword too. After hunting some of the wolves I proceeded to the next floor. The enemy on the seventeenth floor was still a golem but the color was different so I appraised it.

[Iron Golem]
[Race]
:Monster
[Level] 47
[HP] 3500/3500
[MP] 400/400
[Physical Strength] 1200
[Intelligence] 300
[Agility] 400
[Stamina]
800
[Endurance]
2500
[Skills]
: [Slash resistance 5], [Hide presence 4], [Smash 4], [Hardening 2]
[Rank]: E

(What a tough monster. I will only kill some of them and then move on. They are wholly made of iron so it will take some time to kill them with magic. I will need the iron to forge the throwing knifes.)

Defeating it took me some time but the exp given was around two to three times more than one alpha wolf. After defeating some of them I continued to the next floor. By the calculation every floor monster had a boss type so on the nineteenth floor there should be orcs. As I entered the nineteenth floor the scenery was a forest again but this time it was different. The trees were larger than before and there were no bushes. When I looked at the map I saw the layout of the floor and many enemies there. On this floor the number of parties was the biggest I have ever seen. I entered the forest and went to the direction of the monsters. My prediction was true. The monsters on the nineteenth floor were orcs. When I found one I began to remember the taste of it’s meat and I started drooling. I didn’t feel any danger from it so I used concealment and jumped to its head. I brandished my two swords and added magic to the attack. The orc didn’t even react and it’s head dropped on the floor and soon it’s body followed.

(They are pretty easy to kill aren’t they? Well they are in flocks so maybe they are stronger in a group. I found out that this one was alone so I came to test it’s strength. The attack was clean like there was no resistance at all. Maybe it’s thanks to attacking with both of my swords? I hope it is so.)

I continued to hunt the orcs solely for the purpose of saving some of them for myself.

(I want to test various types of preparations for the meat. The spices in this world seem to differ to the ones in japan. Thinking of it makes me droll again. Time for some massacre!)

As I screamed that In my mind I jumped in a group of orcs.

6