Chapter 21
480 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[You have leveled up!]

(Leveling the jobs from the first level sure is easy, I only hunted for a while and I’m already at the fifteenth level. The orcs don’t even pose any danger to me. I wonder how much more powerful is the boss. The gap shouldn’t be that big from the D rank monsters right? Well, I will know when I fight him, for now I don’t want to spoil the fun.)

Suddenly the feeling that I always felt from the dungeon vanished. i felt uneasy so I quickly looked at the map and the orcs that I killed didn’t respawn. I wondered what was happening and just as I was about to teleport out of the dungeon it started shaking. The whole dungeon shook like it was an earthquake and soon enough I was teleported out of the dungeon. I was forcibly teleported out of the dungeon and so I began to look, what I saw outside was panic. The monsters were from all floors were rampaging near the dungeon. On the map there was a big dot and when I focused on it I saw that it was the boss of the dungeon. It stood there and watched the monsters rampage. It seemed like all of the adventurers left the dungeon and were fighting the monsters.

(Is this the wave? I can deal with every monster besides the boss of the dungeon. I should help clear up the lower monsters first. Then we can somehow deal with the stronger ones.)

I began aiding the adventurers by defeating all of the monsters in my range of view. I just fired off my magic and slashed at them and they died just like that. Soon enough the bosses of the higher floors such as the ancient golems or beta wolves started fighting as well. The battlefield was near the entrance of the dungeon. The trees from the forest were smashed down and there were corpses of low level monsters everywhere. It looked like a scene from hell, it didn’t matter to me and the other adventurers though.

[There is no end to them huh?]

I said that as I cut down another one of the beta wolves. Our side seemed to be the losing one, the wave of monsters didn’t stop so they began to get tired. That didn’t apply to me, I just saw this opportunity as a free experience. I jumped into a group of 100 or so orcs and fired off different magic all around me. I tried not to hit other adventures and succeeded in killing everything around me. I leveled up like crazy as I slashed through the wave of monsters. When I let my guard down for a moment I felt a big presence behind me.

When I turned around I saw the boss of the dungeon in the middle of making its swing with a battleaxe. I hurriedly put a large amount of mana into the swords and blocked the attack. The force was so powerful that I was launched and crashed into some trees. My whole body was in pain, it felt like a truck has ran into me, I began to heal myself and tried to stand up. I looked at the boss and it was already running at me. I felt fear for the first time in this world, I knew that this time was critical and was about to die. I tried to move my body with all of my power I could musted. I wasn’t that effective and the boss was already near me.

(I can’t die like this, not until I get to see the world.I already made a promise to myself to get stronger! I have to meet my little sister too! Move, for fucks sake move!)

[MOVE!]

Finally breaking away from fear I dodged just at the last moment. Its attack hit the ground and created a crater. The force again made me flew away but this time I controlled my landing.

[You have learned Courage skill!]

[Courage]: You are immune to fear or strong pressure and confusion.

The skill really helped me out, I was on the verge of dying just now. My wounds began to heal so I quickly ran to fight other monsters. I took a quick glance at the boss and appraised it.

[Orc Lord]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 60
[HP] 4000/4000
[MP] 600/600
[Physical Strength] 2700
[Intelligence] 1400
[Agility] 1700
[Stamina] 2000
[Endurance] 1800
[Skills]: [Axe combat 5], [Roar 5], [Leadership 1], [Sense presence 5], [Vitality], [Berserk 1]
[Rank] C

[Vitality]: Much harder to kill, can survive life threatening attacks.

[Berserk]: When used the user goes into a berserk state. Your ability to think is lowered and your status gets a temporary boost.

(What kind of battle boss is this? I don’t think I can kill it with my stats as they are right now. I can only hope that some other adventures take care of it. There was supposed to be a party that defeated the dungeon boss right? Where are they now?)

I began to look around to see if there were any strong adventurers. But it seemed that I was the strongest person on the battlefield right now. As I killed monsters I saw that some group is attacked by three big orcs. Each one of the had a bid broadsword in hand. I appraised them.

[Orc Brute x3]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 60
[HP] 2500/2500
[MP] 300/300
[Physical Strength] 1800
[Intelligence] 900
[Agility] 1400
[Stamina] 1700
[Endurance] 1300
[Skills]: [Swordsmanship 4], [Roar 3], [Sense presence 3], [Vitality]
[Rank] D

(I hope they will come later. If they won’t come the city might get attacked. I think it’s better to leave the low level monsters to others and fight the big ones.)

I swallowed the contents of two mana potions and one health potion. I readied my swords and imbued them with fire and ice magic attributes. They seemed to be a good combination so I tested it in the dungeon. They worked quite good as the ice slowed the enemies movement and the fire attribute just burnt them. I fired a charged magic attack at the three of them and while running I shouted to the adventures to get out of there.

They quickly ran away to fight other monsters and I was occupied with the three. One of them was hurt badly by my attacks. I succeeded in looping off both of its arms. They fell to the ground along with the sword. The one without arms roared and rushed at me. It’s roar did nothing thanks to my courage skill so I prepared myself for the attack. I swung both of my swords at its torso and made a cross on it. Before it tried to bite my but I avoided the bite and stabbed both of my swords in the middle of the cross. Fire and ice raged inside it and it died pretty quickly.

(That’s Vitality for you, he can be so lively without its arms. I wonder if I cut its head off will it die or not?)

I smirked as I though that, the duo of orcs readied their weapons and rushed at me. Thanks to fighting with the groups of bosses alone I could read their movements easier. They were going to slash from both sides. I dodged it easily and lashed at their legs and thanks to it they fell down. While falling one of the tried to turn and slash at me but because my agility was higher I jumped to the side. I stabbed my sword into the neck of the orc and looped its head off. My attack was deadly enough and the orc didn’t move anymore. I confirmed that vitality couldn't let headless people move. The other orc already stood up and we began to our sword fight. I already knew how to deflect heavy blows so I didn’t get hit. I won because I had two swords instead of one. After the last one of the orcs died I went to hunt other bosses. I left the ancient golems alone and focused on the other bosses.

[Swordsmanship leveled up!]
[Appraisal leveled up!]
[Hard body leveled up!]
[You have leveled up!]

When my skills leveled up I saw that the orc lord was attacking some party. I didn’t feel as much danger as before so I rushed to help them. The orc lord was in the middle of its attack and the party’s tank took the blow. Even if he looked tough he flew away and crashed into the trees. His party members were calling for him but he didn’t respond. I tried to ambush the orc lord from behind but it turned around and blocked my slash. I didn’t know if I would win this fight but I threw away my useless thoughts and focused on battle. One mistake could lead to my death. I attacked it continuously and surprisingly my hits were doing some damage. It of course didn’t mean I was unhurt either. His hits were heavy, the difference of 700 points was tremendous.

I tried to deflect or dodge each of its hits but I didn’t always succeed in doing so. I couldn't get it with my swords so I had to use magic while fighting. My senses were on high alert as I felt that each hit could cleave me in half. Our exchanges were making shock waves so people couldn't even come near us, the same for the monsters. It began to tire out and its attacks were getting slower, I on the other hand still had a lot of stamina. If I were to swing that big battleaxe like that I think I would get tired as well. I didn’t miss the chance and succeeded in deflecting the blow.

When it was pushed back I attacked it with a barrage of attacks. It’s HP was getting lower and lower, it tried to regain its balance but I successfully kicked its leg. It hurt my own leg when I did that but I tried to do everything in my power to damage my enemy. When I was about to stab its heart that it suddenly roared, I covered my face with my arms and moved three meters away. I got a bad feeling so I didn’t hesitate in doing that. Just a second later the battleaxe cleaved the space where I was before. The orc lord got up and looked at me with red eyes. This action signalized the start of the second, much harder round.

6