Chapter 22
476 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second round in the battle with the boss started. It wildly jumped at me and swung it’s battleaxe faster than before. I couldn't block it so I had to avoid the attack. After it hit the ground the dust covered the whole area. Instantly after that I had a bad feeling from behind and quickly jumped forward. The battleaxe cut through the place that I had been standing before. I rolled on the ground and while rolling I created a magic trap. The boss just rushed through it a set it off. Surprisingly it didn’t even waver and just attacked me with all it had. I believed that this was the doing of the berserk skill.

The attacks boosted by the skill were each powerful enough to break my arm and send me flying. I couldn't deflect the blows anymore so I had to focus my all into evasion. I tried to think of a countermeasure for this situation but I began getting small cuts from the attacks. I was running out of magic and I couldn't even replenish it with potions so I had to just bear with them. I didn’t want to use healing magic on those small wounds but they were increasing and with a fast rate too. When I looked at the bastards face it was smiling, this piece of shit was smiling just because it could push me back to evading only.

It was very irritating and something started to accumulate. It distracted me and I took a big hit which made me go flying. I crushed into some trees and the ground. I stood up and looked at my armor. It was torn and the wound was bleeding, thanks to the armor I didn’t suffer that much damage so I quickly healed it. My back hurt a lot as I was sent flying twice and I felt frustrated. I was helpless just like I was in my childhood, there was one time when I was beaten up badly but I still managed to win. Just when I got up the orc lord came to me and was about to hit my head straight on. Then the feeling that accumulated through the fight suddenly exploded.

I managed to raise my swords and change the trajectory of the attack enough to not hurt me. The steel sword broke but I didn’t care, I took a step forward and countered the orc by cutting off its arm. Next I jumped on the back of the orc lord and stabbed the broken steel sword at its eye. The feeling of stabbing this trash that was laughing at me a moment ago was great and filled me with adrenaline. The orc let go of it’s battleaxe and tried to reach me with its hand but I jumped off its neck and grabbed the handle of the sword. I put all of my strength and body weight and pulled the fuckers head down to the ground. That made the orc lose balance and fall directly at the edge of the battleaxe. It was firmly stuck in the ground so the orc lord got its face cut in half. I took out the broken sword and stored it in the item box along with the bastards corpse.

(I managed to defeat it, it sure gave me a beating but what was that feeling. It’s gone now that I killed it, well no use of thinking about it now. I need to help deal with the leftovers now. They are free exp after all. But first I need to heal my wounds. My back hurts badly, did I break a bone or two? I hope healing magic can heal them.)

After defeating the orc lord we began to kill the leftovers from the wave. The reinforcements from the city came and helped us clean up the rest of the wave. There weren’t many casualties thanks to me defeating the bosses at the start of the battle. There were injured people and some of them were heavy injured. Like the guy that took the blow of the orc lord, his arms were broken. There weren’t any healers in the town when we got back so I volunteered to heal the injured people for a small price. The potions supposedly can't restore broken bones but light magic could, it just took much of my mana. The injured people were thanking me and my light magic even leveled up. My level hit max after defeating that many monsters. The kills were in hundreds as the wave was that big, the bosses gave much experience too. When I ended healing I chose my next job as barbarian and I saw Emma-san looking around so I came to her.

[What’s wrong Emma-san, who are you looking for?](Satoru)

[Ah, actually I was looking for you, the guild master wants to talk with you.](Emma)

[Is that so? Okay I will go.](Satoru)

(Why would he like to see me in a situation like this? Does he want to thank me for healing the people or what? Well I won’t know until I go there.)

I followed Emma-san into the adventurers guild and went to see the guild master. I already knew the way but I still followed her. They probably wouldn't allow me to enter there if I was alone. When I entered the guild master’s room he was already standing in front of his desk. When he saw me enter the room he bowed deeply. I was honestly dumbfounded when he did that.

[Satoru I must thank you for protecting the city. Without you the city would suffer big casualties.](Gerwin)

[Please rise your head! I only defeated some monsters, it’s not that big of a deal!](Satoru)

[No, I don’t think we would be able to deal with the wave without casualties. Even if I’m a guild master I’m not that strong. I would still need help from another C rank adventurer to kill the orc lord but you defeated it alone. Adding that you also defeated all of the bosses too!](Gerwin)

[Well I figured that they would deal the most damage to the adventurers so I quickly dealt with them.](Satoru)

[You also healed the people after the attack which also helped a lot! Please accept this reward as a token of my gratitude. I will also rise your rank to C as the reports say that you defeated the orc lord all on your own.](Gerwin)

[Okay, I will accept the reward then.](Satoru)

[In there are 30 gold coins.](Gerwin)

[Thirty gold coins? Isn’t that too much?](Satoru)

[No, it should be enough considering your participation in the defense of our city. Also please leave your guild card here.](Gerwin)

[Okay then, I will take it.](Satoru)

O took the money and stored it in the item box. I was quite overjoyed suddenly gaining that much money. I the grasped his hand for a handshake and left the room. When I was walking through the guild many people were looking at me but I paid them no mind. I wanted to go to the dungeon as fast as possible and see if it was back to normal. If it wasn’t back to normal then I couldn't even level up my job which would slow me down by quite a lot. I wanted to leave this city and go to another one after defeating the boss in the dungeon but I didn’t want to fight the orc lord for now.

I knew that I only managed to kill it by sheer luck. I could rival it in the first stage but when it goes berserk I wouldn't stand a chance. The monsters didn’t seem to spawn at the twenty-ninth floor so I took a peek inside the boss room. I was curious what was at the end of the dungeon, and sure enough when I walked into the boss room there was a door in the wall which I didn’t see before. I walked to the door and opened it, in there was the teleport circle and a chest.

(Is it some sort of a reward for clearing the dungeon? But why is it here when the dungeon doesn’t even spawn monsters? The teleport circle doesn’t seem to work now too. Are they deactivated because of the dungeon? Well let’s see if there is anything in this chest, it can be empty after all.)

I first appraised it but all that came out was just the name “treasure chest” so my caution dropped. When I opened it I saw that inside were ingots and when I appraised it the result came out.

[Dark steel ingot]
[Rank]:D

(Dark steel ingot! It’s the same material that my sword is made of. Radak-san told me that this ingot should be rare to get so why is it here? Is my luck just good so I dropped it?)

I soon heard an announcement which startled me because I was immersed in the joy of getting the ore for a second sword.

[You have conquered the Orc lord’s lair dungeon. As a reward you acquire the following: +200 HP, +200 MP, +200 Physical Strength, +200 Intelligence, +200 Agility, +200 Stamina, +200 Endurance.]
[You have acquired Dungeon conqueror title!]

(I got status points just for conquering a dungeon? Sweet, so that means I need to conquer countless dungeons to get free stat points. I will be sure to do that, that aside what is this title?]

[Dungeon conqueror]: You have conquered the following dungeons: [Orc’s lair dungeon].

(So it’s just a title huh, well its fine. Now what should I do, the dungeon doesn’t seem to spawn the monsters so should I just go to another city? I think I will do that.)

I stored the ingots into the item box and teleported out of the dungeon. I walked to the city and went in the direction of the inn. When I entered I soon spotted Elaine-san so I walked to her.

[Hello Elaine-san, I wanted to know if you guys could make me food, enough for several days.](Satoru)

[Well we can but why are you asking that?](Elaine)

[I’m probably going to leave this city tomorrow so I wanted to eat your food while traveling. It’s delicious after all.](Satoru)

[You are going to leave tomorrow? I heard that you were a great help in fighting the wave. The people are already talking about you you know?](Elaine)

[Really? I don’t really like being the spotlight.](Satoru)

[Well every person is different. Some people like to drown in the glory and some like to just be left alone. Making the food isn’t a problem so we can do it.](Elaine)

[Thank you very much Elaine-san, and how much will it be?](Satoru)

[Don’t worry, the money from your accommodation will be enough, we will cover the rest. You are the hero of our city after all.](Elaine)

I thanked Elaine-san again and went to my room.

8