Chapter 24
491 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finally arriving in Leridge city I entered it without any problems. First I went to the adventurers guild to see what kind of quests do they have. When I asked the location of the guild and found it I was a little bit amazed. This guild was a lot bigger than the one back in Lostgate city, the same city also bigger.

(Maybe it’s near the center of the land and that’s why it’s bigger than the Lostgate city. The security at the gate is higher too. I hope that the dungeon here has stronger monsters than the one before.)

After entering there was a lot of people there, many of them looking on the quest board. There were party’s consisting of three to five people. When I appraised them I saw that each of them was at least a D rank. There were a lot of C ranks too but there was mostly one in each party. Maybe they acted as the party’s leader. I came to the quest board and saw that most of the quests was D and C rank! In Lostgate adventurers guild there weren’t many of the D rank quests as for C rank there weren’t any! I looked at the nearest one to me and the quest was to subjugate treants for their magic twigs.

There was a picture of the treant and a twig illuminated on it’s forehead. I decided to take this quest, it’s written here that treants are located one the first floor. The quest’s rank was D so I shouldn’t have any problems with completing it. Also the reward for a single twig was two silver coins! I wondered why such a quest would still be on the quest board. I took the quest and singed up for this quest in the reception and while doing that I also asked if there are any bounties on the bandits I defeated earlier. Surprisingly there was a five gold coin bounty on that Gather’s head.

I took the gold and left the adventurers guild. After leaving the guild I walked in the direction the adventurers were walking to. I was sure that in that direction is the dungeon and it proved correct. The entrance to the dungeon was like an entrance to the park, on both sides of the road were big trees arranged in order. The road lead to the dungeon which is of course underground. Upon entering the scenery changed, it was like a withered forest, the trees were creaking and swaying. Even if it was underground the wind was still blowing just like on the surface. I entered the withered forest and burned those guys corpses there. After burning them there was a bad smell but I just left it as the dungeon would absorb the remains. I walked while using sense presence and I quickly found a reaction. The tree to my right seemed to be the treant monster so I appraised it.

[Treant]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 60
[HP] 2000/2000
[MP] 400/400
[Physical Strength] 1000
[Intelligence] 800
[Agility] 1500
[Stamina] 1700
[Endurance] 2000
[Skills]: [Whip 3], [Hardening 2]
[Rank] D

(D rank from the start huh? No wonder this quest wasn’t picked. As I know magicians are hard to recruit and the defense of this monster is nearly as hard as the golems in Lostgate dungeon. But I should be able to cope with it by using magic.)

The treant looked just like a normal withered tree but the only thing that wasn’t normal was that it had a face. It looked like it was screaming but no sound came out. I first shot the fire magic bullet into the treant’s face and unexpectedly it died.

(Was my power so strong before? I’m sure I couldn't 1 shot a golem, maybe it’s because of the fire attribute.)

I collected the magic twig and stored it in the magic bag. Next I tried defeating the treants by using the other attributes. It was just as I guessed, while the fire bullet killed the treant with a single shot the other attribute bullets weren’t as good. Next I tested the attribute on my swords, I wanted to know if I could defeat it easier while using the attribute. When I came near the treant it shrieked and attacked me with it’s long branches. They were like ropes lashing out at me at a very fast speed but I could easily repel them. I almost though that the branches were made from some gel instead!

While repelling I watched the HP of the treant and it went down every time I repelled a branch. The damage wasn’t very high, only about 1% of it’s HP so I approached it and in the moment I had a free hand I slashed at it. The slash instead of being repelled created a mark on the face. The mark was pretty deep so on the next slash I put more power and bisected the treant. Just from the test alone I collected a lot of magic twigs, I gained levels a lot faster too. Even if there weren’t many treants here but they each gave a lot of exp.

At the end of the day I managed to kill around 120 treants. I would gain 2 silver for each of the magic twigs so the total amount would be 2 gold coins and 40 silver coins. I then left the dungeon and went back to the guild. My level was nearly maxed but I didn’t want to stay there any longer as I still needed to find an inn to stay at. After returning to the guild I went to the other counter where a receptionist that was responsible for material collection was. I left the magic twigs and got the payment from the receptionist. Her face was a little surprised, probably because the amount was bigger than she expected. The only thing now that I needed to do was to find a good inn. It at least had to have a good food and a comfortable bed.

I checked several inns and finally stopped at the one which had better food than other inns. The inn wasn’t crowded but the amount of people here was big too. I asked if there are free rooms and got a positive response so I rented a single person room for 2 weeks for now. After renting the room I went to the dining room and eaten my meal. While looking around I noticed a certain party, it was a party with 5 people in it. It consisted of four tough looking guys and one girl. What piqued my interest was that the girl had something on her head.

Those were ears, they looked similar to wolf ears, they were red just like her hair. Then I noticed that she had a tail too which was the same color as her hair. She didn’t lack in certain areas too which made her quite the beauty in my opinion. She wore light armor with shorts and near her there was a single sword. Some of the armor revealed her cleavage. She was sitting with those guys but she wasn’t eating anything. Unlike her they were stuffing themselves with food. I then saw that the girl was eagerly looking at the food which looked quite miserable. Next I heard the girl talk to the guys sitting with her.

[Umm, can I get some food too please?](Girl)

When they heard that all of them stopped eating and one of the guys began shouting.

[Hah if you want to eat you need to work harder!](Man)

[But I should have earned enough for my meal.](Girl)

[You stupid dog, all of the money goes to us obviously. You need to pay your debts first!](Man)

[B-but I’m starving.](Girl)

When the man heard her saying that he got up and came to her. When he was about to hit the girl his hand was stopped.

[The fuck are you doing brat.](Man)

[You are disturbing my meal.](Satoru)

[As if I fucking care about that, I see that you want to get hit too!](Man)

The man which I appraised while he was spouting bullshit was a fist fighter. His hand to hand combat skill was at level four, the same as me. He also wore leather armor which is good for agility type users. When he threw out his fist I didn’t intend to dodge so it hit my face. When the fist hit my face the man and his three friends all smiled. I felt a little pain but that was it. I smiled and said.

[Now it’s self defence.](Satoru)

When he was bout to throw another punch I grabbed his hand and dived my elbow right into his face. My elbow hit between his eyes and there was a cracking sound. He fell onto the floor and didn’t get up. The other three men then stood up and brandished their weapons.

[Hey, are you sure about using weapons here?](Satoru)

[Shut up brat! Prepare to die!](Man)

(Pff, like you are able to kill me with that moves of yours. Your posture is bad and your attacks are slow too.)

I easily evaded his slash and placed my leg on his way so he tripped and fell to the floor. The next guy had daggers and his attacks were fast but he lacked a lot of power. In this world if you don’t have enough strength you can’t injure someone who has higher endurance than your strength. Even if he has a weapon it can only help him rise the strength a little. Of course the better the weapon the stronger the attack too but his weapon wasn’t anything worth considering. I was a little afraid that I would cut myself but I grabbed his daggers between my fingers and kicked him in the stomach. He grabbed his stomach and gasped for air.

As for the last dude, he had a battleaxe in his arms but when he brandished his weapon I already came up to him and placed one of the dagger near his throat and the other one was pointed at his eye. He stopped fearing that I would stab him which I would obviously not do. He then slowly put down his battleaxe and when he dropped it. I put away the daggers and placed them on the table. When I put them away the last guy tried to punch me when I wasn’t looking. When he hit my head from behind the floor under me cracked a little. It was made from wood after all and wasn’t made to endure battles. I though that this guy would be smart and admit his defeat but it seems I was wrong.

The muscles in my right hand bulged and while turning around I hit that guys stomach. In an instant he flew out of the building and crashed on the ground. I was going easy on them but this time I used smash with my attack too. This punch was enough to knock him out and make him suffer some damage. I went to him and healed his internal bleeding and went back. Next I looked at the girl and when she saw me gazing at her she immediately stood up and bowed.

[I-I’m sorry for disrupting your meal!](Girl)

[Don’t worry about it, it wasn’t really your fault.](Satoru)

I went back to my seat and then the people working here arrived. Upon seeing those people they immediately threw them outside and began to tidy up the table. This girl didn’t wait and quickly began to stuff herself with the food. I ended my meal and glanced at that girl one more time. When I saw her eating so earnestly I smiled and went to my room to sleep.

5