Chapter 30
444 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While I still felt that it would be a bad idea to fight them unprepared I still had to do it. I sill felt a little scared by fighting something bigger than me. It was probably because I almost died by the hands of that Orc lord. Those bulls had a lot of endurance so I figured that I would need to draw shoot them continuously with magic while evading or running from them. I gathered up my courage and began the attack. I first tried to bury it’s legs in earth and just shoot them down.

When the big bulls legs were buried successfully it began to get angry. I could hear it roaring and trying to smash the earth that bound their legs. I saw that the big bull couldn't free itself so I started my assault with various attributes of magic. The hp of the big bull was steadily going down so I felt relived. Just in the moment I felt relieved it happened. When the monsters hp fell to around 30% the earth under it burst in all directions. Some of the earth hit me but I managed to defend myself.

When I looked at the monster again I saw it looking straight at me. It’s eyes turned red and I could feel enmity from them. My body shuddered a little but I quickly calmed myself down. It didn’t take long for the bull to run straight at me with it’s horns aiming at my body. I tried to take distance but the bulls speed drastically improved. The only thing that I managed to do was jump to the other side just before its big head rammed at me.

While it turned around I fired magic at it and tried to think about a good way to defeat it. The only thing that came to my mind were those trainers with a red cloth. They waited for the bull to close in to the cloth and dodged to the side. Seeing the bull rushing at me I immediately tried it. This time I wasn’t that surprised about the speed of the bull and properly dodged to the side. I could feel that my fear of the bull was diminishing. On the next try I cloaked my sword in no-attribute magic and tried to slash it while jumping to the side.

When I made a mark on its skin it wasn’t happy. It used it’s stop to send some stones on my way but I blocked the ones that would hit me. The rest of the stones fell to the ground and made small holes. I didn’t take my eyes off the bull as it tried to ram into me. I continued to slash at it with this tactic and the bull finally fell down.

[You have leveled up!]

(Shit! This guy scared me when it suddenly broke my restraint. Now I can feel exactly how dangerous the job of those guys that were agitating bulls was. Were they trying to kill themselves for money or something?)

After calming down I felt tired, not physically but mentally. I took the magic crystal and stuffed the body inside the item box. I then took a little break and ate some food. When I finished eating I located Lisa on the map and teleported back to the eleventh floor. I saw that she was taking a break so I took out some food and handed it to her.

[How are the battles without me?](Satoru)

[Well it takes longer to kill the monsters, that’s for sure. But I can cope with them alone now.](Lisa)

[I see, that’s good. I will at least feel at ease.](Satoru)

When Lisa heard that her cheeks redden.

[How is the fourteenth floor, are those monsters hard to beat?](Lisa)

[Yeah, they are Big bulls. Their charge is too fast and troublesome. What do you think Lisa, I will be leveling up there and you will stay here for now. We will be leveling on different floors as you won’t be able to cope with monsters on a higher floor.](Satoru)

[I think that’s fine, If it goes like this I can probably max out my job tomorrow morning.](Lisa)

[That’s settled then, I will go back to the fourteenth floor now. Also hunt the monsters until I arrive. We will end the hunt when I teleport back to you okay?](Satoru)

[Okay!](Lisa)

After I said that I teleported back to the fourteenth floor and drank up a mana potion. My mana still exceeded 60% but I wanted for it to restore. While beaming with energy after the conversation with Lisa I resumed hunting those big bulls. This time I changed my tactic a little, I first buried big bull’s legs and then repeatedly slashed at it with my swords cloaked in no-attribute magic.

There wasn’t that much difference in damage than before and thanks to that I could save up more mana that way. Just like before the big bull burst the earth in all directions but I avoided it and kept slashing at the monster. It roared and tried to rush at me but I teleported to its sides and still slashed at it. The bull was little confused because I vanished from its vision and tried to do burst the rock in all directions. Because of that I needed to teleport away and that allowed the bull to began it’s charge. It’s hp was in red so I defeated it by shooting my earth bullets before it used it’s rush skill.

[You have leveled up!]
[Earth magic leveled up!]
[Danger sense leveled up!]

(Wow, thanks to those two bulls I gain a whole twenty levels. Even if it’s a low level job it’s very much experience! This is neat! Although fighting it is harder than those monkeys the experience is much bigger! Now I don’t know what’s better. Fighting monkeys would be quicker and easier and I would consume less mana but the experience is low. On the other hand fighting bulls is a little risky, I use much more mana but the experience I gain is massive! The magic crystal is much bigger too!)

I pondered like that for a while but soon came to conclusion.

(Even if fighting them is a little risky I can still train myself like that. The experience is much bigger so I will surely gain leveles a lot faster than before. It’s settled, I will hunt the big bulls.)

Just like that I went to another bull and began fighting it. I tried to attack with different ways such as instead of using earth magic to bury their legs I would freeze them in ice. I used different magic and tried to level them up too. After hunting another nine of them my job was maxed out and I looked at the jobs again.

Choose job: [Blacksmith(low grade)], [Wizard(middle grade)], [Ice Mage(middle grade)], [Wind Mage(middle grade)], [Earth Mage(middle grade)], [Lightning Mage(middle grade)], [Light Mage(middle grade)], [Dark Mage(middle grade)], [Water Mage(middle grade)], [Knight(middle grade)], [Magic Swordsman(high grade)], [Magic Fist(middle grade)], [Guardian(middle grade)], [Element master(high grade)], [Fire master(high grade)], [Healer(low grade)], [Berserker(middle grade)], [Reflector(middle grade)], [Assasin(middle grade)], [Heavy archer(middle grade)], [High archer(middle grade)], [Tracker(middle grade)]

I saw some new jobs and I chose healer as it was a low grade job. I proceeded to hunt more monsters but after killing another three I had to take a break to regenerate my mana. I also used some potions as I had a lot of them. Then I continued to hunt those monsters. By the end of the day my healer job was maxed out. I was still surprised at the amount of exp that I gained by defeating those monsters. I managed to max out two low grade jobs in one day.

[Skills Smash, Wind magic, Lightning magic, Dark magic, No-attribute magic, Danger sense leveled up!]

I took the wizard job and teleported to Lisa, she was taking a break. I greeted her and told her that the hunt ended. I gained a lot of big crystals from the big bulls and Lisa handed me a magic bag. In there were about 100 magic crystals. I congratulated her for defeating that many monsters in a day and pat her head. She was still a little shy when I patted her head but I could see that she enjoys it, just like me. The sensation of fluffiness from her ears is great!

Lisa told me that when she maxed out her job she took the mage job next just like I told her. Her level was already 23 so I praised her for her effort too. We left the dungeon and were walking on the road leading to the city. Because it was evening the beautiful color of the sun shined between the trees. We were walking like that for some time appreciating the peaceful moment. That moment didn’t last long as I remembered that after leaving the dungeon there would be a surprise waiting for us. It isn’t a nice one either.

We walked just like that and I soon could sense people on my map. There were around twelve people in all, six on the right side and six on the left side. There weren’t any adventurers returning from the dungeon at this hour so besides them and us there is no one on the road. I told Lisa to be on guard and those guys revealed themselves. They wore menacing smiles and some of them even had obscene expressions. The man in the front seems like their leader, he wears heavy armor and has a bastard sword on his back.

5