Chapter 31
433 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I began to speak.

[What are you guys impersonating, bandits?](Satoru)

[Oh no, please don’t compare us to some lowly bandits. We are adventurers of course.](Man)

[Hou, so what those adventurers want from us? If you want to join our party them I’m afraid to say you aren’t qualified.](Satoru)

[Gahaha, kid! No one wants to join a weak brat like you! If you had strength and numbers like us then maybe someone would join you, but you don’t!](Man)

[Why are you so sure about me being weak?](Satoru)

[As if a brat like you could be strong, you still reek of your mother’s milk! We are benevolent people so I tell you brat, hand over that woman and all your gold and we can let you go.](Man)

[Oioi, your image as an adventurer is crumbling you know? I only see you as a weak bandit though.](Satoru)

While I said that I peeked at the man’s status.

[Name] Hurtfold
[Race] Human
[Age] 25
[Level] 68
[Job] Master Swordsman
[HP] 1736/1736
[MP] 250/250
[Physical Strength] 2104
[Intelligence] 250
[Agility] 2004
[Stamina] 1436
[Endurance] 1436
[Skills]: [No-attribute magic 3], [Mana manipulation 2]

[Sense presence 3], [Smash 3], [Swordsmanship 5], [Provoke]

[I see! I see! You are too arrogant brat, I will teach you that you should be respectful towards people stronger than you. Forget that offer, I will personally make you beg for your life!](Man)

Well he nothing compared to my stats.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Age] 16
[Level] 1
[Job] Wizard
[Job history]: [Apprentice Fighter], [Apprentice Mage], [Apprentice Warrior], [Apprentice Swordsman], [Fighter], [Mage], [Apprentice Scout], [Swordsman], [Grappler], [Warrior], [Scout], [Thief], [Tank], [Elementalist], [Fire mage], [Barbarian], [Enchanter], [Archer], [Hunter], [Healer]
[HP] 2500/2500
[MP] 3550/3550
[Physical Strength] 2545
[Intelligence] 3050
[Agility] 2945
[Stamina] 2640
[Endurance] 2330
[Skills]:
[Fatigue resistance 6], [Paralysis resistance 2], [Poison resistance 2], [Pain resistance 4],
[Fire resistance 3]

[Mana manipulation 5], [Fire magic 5], [Ice magic 5], [Water magic 5],
[Earth magic 5], [Wind magic 5], [Lightning magic 5], [Dark magic 5], [Light magic 5],
[Space magic 4], [No-attribute magic 4], [Mana perception 3]

[Cooking 2], [Cleaning 1], [Forging(Dwarf) 3], [Enchanting 4], [Armor creation 2],
[Alchemy 3], [Disarm 1], [Lock pick 1], [Night vision], [Improved hearing], [Improved vision]

[Hard body 6(+320 physic stats)], [Sense presence 5], [Hand to hand combat 4], [Dagger combat 2], [Smash 5], [Swordsmanship 5], [Charge 2], [Danger sense 3], [Provoke]
[Unique]: [Language comprehension], [Akashas divine protection], [Item box], [Appraisal 7], [Out of boundaries], [Keen sense], [No chant], [Multi cast], [Concealment 4], [Map], [Courage], [Party blessing], [????]
[Titles]: [Multi elemental magician], [Dungeon conqueror], [????]

When he ended his sentence he brandished his sword and rushed straight at me. In that moment Lisa went to battle the rest of those guys. The speed is alright but he is still slower than me, after all I we have almost 1000 points of difference. I knew that his confidence came from his stats but he was an idiot to judge a book by it’s cover. I took out my swords and parried his attack. I noticed that he had a surprised expression and smirked.

This guy is and idiot, I thought. After I parried his attack he moved back and cleaved through the place that I was standing but I already moved from him and joined Lisa. I already knocked up two people when he turned around. Lisa also knocked out one of them. The man with the bastard sword again charged at me and tried to slash at me, this time it was a downward swing.

I caught his sword with mine. I swung my sword and deflected each one of his swings. Although his swings we powerful but it felt like the attack wasn’t refined enough. Each time I deflected his blade I put most of my strength in the place where his sword would hit so the force that connected to me was small. On the contrary his swings were the exact opposite, the force was distributed to the whole blade. It would work on monsters as you have to cleave the body but it didn’t have much effect on people. I locked blades with him again and when he let his guard down and added no-attribute to my foot and kicked him in the stomach.

[Gaha](Man)

He coughed as my foot caved in and he was blown away. This move worked every time in a fight, those guys were just inexperienced in fights with humans. Most of the enemies this guy fought probably surrendered from the start or were beaten thanks to his higher status. He surprisingly didn’t faint because of that hit, I was honestly a little impressed. Only a little though.

I didn’t waste my time and dodged two incoming strikes from his subordinates. I hit their heads with the handle of my sword and they fell to the ground, seven left. I went to the other three that were standing on the back firing magic and healing the guys that fought with Lisa. While I closed in the mages started chanting but before the magic was cast I already arrived in front of them.

I tried hitting their necks from the back like all those people in movies did. I figured I could train it on them. At first it didn’t work so I did it again but this time with more force. They couldn't react and fell to the ground. I then took care of the healer too. I saw that their leader already got up and is drinking a potion. After he took that kick his hp must have been decreased considerably, only four remain.

Lisa was having a difficulty fighting three people at the same time so I quickly came to her to help her. She noticed that I’m coming to help her so she purposely enchanted her sword with the fire attribute to catch their attention. She succeeded in doing so and thanks to that I could quickly take out the three of them from behind. The only one that was left is their leader who finished drinking the potions to restore his hp.

I faintly looked at him and saw his angry look.

(Damn, he must be so angry right now. I practically trampled over his shallow pride right now, no wonder that he is angry. Well he is the only one left now so let’s see what will he do.)

[You fucking brat, you will pay for this!](Man)

After saying that he took out an object out of his magic bag. It was an object that I fairly knew, after all I almost died because of it. He already threw the item when he ended his sentence. I quickly reacted and moved to Lisa.

[Sorry about that.](Satrou)

As I said that I grabbed her arm and threw her away. The range of that thing is quite big after all. When she screamed as she flew through the air the ball exploded and I was engulfed in flames. This time I already cast light and water magic in preparation but I didn’t feel much pain, only my clothes were burning.

[Fire resistance leveled up!]

I left the area where the fire was burning and summoned a large amount of water to take out the fire. The leader of those so called adventurers had an amazed and terrified expression.

[How are you alive, you don’t even have a scratch. Y-you monster!](Man)

[A monster huh? That’s a first someone called me that.](Satoru)

When I looked at Lisa she already came close and watched me with a relieved expression. I slightly smiled at her and returned to look at that leader, his name was Hurtfold I believe?

[Well is that all mister “adventurer”?](Satoru)

I came close to him while saying that.

[D-die!](Man)

In his last struggle he tried to slash at me but I avoided it and hit his neck with a slightly stronger force than his subordinates. He fell to the ground unconscious and their plan failed miserably. I looked back and saw Lisa coming close to me with a worried look.

[Are you okay Satoru? Does anyting hurt?](Lisa)

[Don’t worry, I’m not hurt anywhere. Only my clothes are burned, could you wait for me to change my clothes?](Satoru)

[Yes, please do.](Lisa)

I went behind a tree and quickly changed my clothes. Lisa patiently waited for me.

[Also Lisa, you did good handling those three people by yourself.](Satoru)

[Thank you.](Lisa)

[Okay then, I should have a rope somewhere in my item box. We will tie them and I will move them to the city. Can you help me Lisa?](Satoru)

[Yes!](Lisa)

We tied those guys with the rope, after we were done I lifted them with my hand and teleported with Lisa near the city gates. I also took that their money and that guy’s bastard sword for myself, I can consider them war spoils hehe. There weren’t that much, only five gold coins, they probably used all their money for drinking. When we came to the gates the guards were startled but after I told them that we were attacked by those adventures they quickly let us in. I took those guys back to the guild and we were summoned to see the guild master. I told him the whole story and the guild master told us that they will be severely punished. We also sold today’s spoils and got a lot of money. We then left the guild and went back to the inn. As we ate our dinner I noticed that Lisa had a gloomy expression so I asked why.

[Why are you so gloomy Lisa?](Satoru)

[That’s because I dragged you into my circumstances and had you help me.](Lisa)

[You don’t need to worry about that, it’s natural that I will protect my woman.](Satoru)

Just as I said that I was pretty embarrassed, such a cheeky line. I couldn’t believe that such a thing came out of my mouth. I admit that I wanted to say that and see her reaction, fortunately it’s a good reaction. Her face is red and she looks at me from time to time. She managed to squeeze out a quiet voice out of her mouth.

[Thank you very much.](Lisa)

(I need to man up a little right? I can’t let others think that I’m easy to bully and that it’s easy to take things and women from me. I probably need to raise my rank, maybe then there won’t be any people to bother me. As for Lisa, she should be okay now. There shouldn’t be any people that will bother her.)

[Well let’s eat our fill today and go to sleep. Tomorrow we will go to the dungeon again. You need to have a good rest.](Satoru)

[Okay, I feel that I’m stronger than before I was in your party! I will work hard so that I won’t slow you down!](Lisa)

[That’s the spirit!](Satoru)

We feasted on a big amount of food and Lisa talked about her hometown. How she hunted for food daily or how she helped her father defend her village from monsters. Or her dad that trained her in swordsmanship. Those all were good memories to her. I was also listening with great interest. I would probably need to visit the beastmen country in the future.

After we ate our fill we went back to our rooms to sleep.

4