Chapter 40
402 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I figured that before opening the chest I would find Lisa first and guess what. She is in the dungeon right now, on the eleventh floor a that. I quickly teleported near her as to not scare her and approached her. She noticed me and turned around and upon seeing me she smiled and came to me.

[Did you beat the boss?](Lisa)

[Yes although it was harder than I thought. I need you to come with me, I want to confirm something.](Satoru)

[Confirm what?](Lisa)

[Have you ever completed a dungeon before?](Satoru)

[No, I didn’t.](Lisa)

[Then you will see now, grab my hand.](Satoru)

[Okay!](Lisa)

I teleported with Lisa back to the treasure room. The moment Lisa appeared with me she began to look around.

[Is this the last room of the dungeon?](Lisa)

[Yes it is.](Satoru)

I say that and went right to the chest. When I opened the chest the notifications also appeared.

[You have conquered the Earth turtle’s territory dungeon. As a reward you acquire the following: +400 HP, +400 MP, +400 Physical Strength, +400 Intelligence, +400 Agility, +400 Stamina, +400 Endurance.]

[W-what is this?](Lisa)

[You heard it too? It a notification that means that you have cleared the dungeon. It gives you stat points right?](Satoru)

[Ahh yes, but why so much?](Lisa)

[Well it isn’t considering that a C rank dungeon gives you 200 to all stats. This is a B ranked dungeon so the stats doubled.](Satoru)

[I see, that’s true. If it wasn’t at least four hundred then it wouldn't be much of a reward for a strong person.](Lisa)

[Yep, now let’s see what we got.](Satoru)

Saying that I finally looked at the contents of the chest. Inside was a necklace along with a lot of gold coins. A whopping fifty gold coins. I quickly stored them into the item box and appraised the neckacle.

[Earth turtle’s necklace]
[Quality]
: B
[Description]
: This necklace can take one life threatening attack. After being used it breaks.

(Cool! This will be convenient indeed. It’s better to give it to Lisa just for safety reasons. I have many things for escape but she doesn’t.)

I grabbed the necklace and presented it to Lisa. She was startled at my action.

[Is this for me?](Lisa)

[Yes, this necklace will take a life threatening attack for you. But it will break after using it once. It also should suit you quite well.](Satoru)

[T-then I will take it, thank you.](Lisa)

Saying that she wore the necklace. In my opinion it looks quite good, there is a red gem embedded on a white surface. Combined with her red hair also makes it look better.

[Yep, just as I though. It looks good on you.](Satoru)

To my praise she shyly replied.

[T-thank you, I’ll treasure it.](Lisa)

With that we teleported out of the dungeon and went casually strode on the road to the city.

[Satrou so where are you going to go next?](Lisa)

[I think I will go to the capital of this kingdom. There are some things that I want to buy from there.](Satoru)

[Then it’s decided? When will we leave?](Lisa)

[To be honest I want to leave tomorrow but I think it’s better to level up some more.](Satoru)

[Then maybe we should stay here until our rented rooms expire?](Lisa)

[I also think that it’s a good idea, we will stay here for four more days and then leave. For now lets get something to eat.](Satoru)

[Okay!](Lisa)

After our little talk I decided to go with Lisa to the guild as she wanted complete a quest. I tagged along because I wanted to sell most of the materials of the monsters from this dungeon. We entered the guild and sold our materials. I sold most of the monster corpses and received not a small amount of money. In addition to the gold coins from the dungeon I also got along twenty gold coins for most of the monster corpses that I hunted. I also sold their magic crystals which sold for another thirty gold coins.

I stored the money and went back to the inn with Lisa. We ate our fill and went to sleep. The next day we went straight to the dungeon after eating but there were many people near the dungeon’s gate. I wondered what was going on and wanted to ask someone but Lisa stopped me.

[I forgot to tell you, there was a raid quest going on. They will be raiding the dungeon’s boss today so that’s why there is so many people here.](Lisa)

[I see, they want to hunt that earth turtle. Wait, I already defeated it. Do you know how much time it takes for the dungeon’s boss to respawn?](Satoru)

[I think it is something along a day or so?](Lisa)

[Oh I see, well it isn’t my problem anyway. If the boss doesn’t spawn then they will have to wait for a bit. Let’s go to the dungeon.](Satoru)

Just as we were about to go into the dungeon a loud voice resounded from the place where adventurers were gathered.

[All of adventurers gathered here, we will now begin the earth turtle’s raid! Be prepared to face a terrible monster and defeat it! We will fight just like we devised earlier if any of you is hesitating then I advise you to give up now! You wont be able to leave the boss room once you’re in! Also today we have a chance to witness the power of the Silver knights! Now let’s go and defeat the earth turtle!](Man)

[[[Ouuuu!]]]

Many people shouted and even the ground trembled because of it. They looked just like a small army going to war.

[Lisa do you know who are those Silver knights he’s talking about?](Satoru)

[Well I asked and they told me a lot of unnecessary information but they should be stronger than ordinary C ranks I think? She told me that every girl in that party is a beauty. The receptionist was also bragging about that one guy in the party but I didn’t bother to listen.. I already have you.](Lisa)

She told me that with a smile on her face. I blushed a little and thanked her. After hearing about that party I lost all interest and left. I didn’t bother listening anymore and went straight to the teleport. We went all the way to the thirty ninth floor and began to hunt variant turtles. Hunting them was easier than I thought and now that I and Lisa was stronger it wasn’t that hard to kill them. We steadily hunted them and just as we got near the entrance to the boss floor we noticed that there were a lot of people standing near it.

When I got a closer look I noticed that they are in fact the people from before that wanted to hunt that giant earth turtle. I didn’t pay them much mind and still defeated the variant turtles with Lisa. We fought just like always, I provoked them and Lisa dealt some of the damage from the back. My levels quickly raised and so were Lisa’s. If we went by this pace I would probably max out my job in half a day.

There seemed to be more monsters near this group of people so we just moved near that group and defeated the monsters. Soon our party was noticed and some people began to stare. I guessed that they looked at us because we were hunting those monsters with just a group of two people. I didn’t want to get so much attention so I wanted to leave but my greed for experience made me stay there.

Although they stared at us they didn’t approach us at first. Even if it wasn’t normal to defeat those monsters with just a group of two people it wasn’t that rare. We could just be a higher ranked adventurers for example. After some time when we gathered considerable attention one of those guys came to us. It was the guy who was giving a speech back then. We stopped hunting when he called to us.

[Excuse me but what rank are you guys?](Man)

[We are both C ranks, who are you and what do you need?](Satoru)

I didn’t bother the small talk as I could probably guess why he came here. Most likely he wanted our help in fighting the earth turtle but I wasn’t interested. I already fought it once and I don’t want to do that again.

[I’m a person dispatched from the guild to oversee the raid battle. I would like to request your help in the raid of the earth turtle. Right now we are waiting here because it seems like the boss has yet to spawn. Someone probably defeated it but didn’t report it to the guild. If we had your help in this raid it would be great as it seems that those C rank monsters doesn’t pose a threat to you at all.](Man)

[I’m sorry but I won’t be participating in the raid. By the way, are you sure you want to fight that boss with only this amount of people? Will you guys be fine? The boss has seven thousand endurance you know? Your attacks probably won’t be very effective, maybe you can do it if there is an excellent magician in your group.](Satoru)

[Looks like you have an appraisal skill or some magic item. Anyway we should be fine, the Silver knights are with us this time. They have powerful team members excelling in their proffesion.](Man)

[Well I wish you good luck. Thanks for the offer but I will decline, goodbye.](Satoru)

[I see, what a shame.](Man)

With that he went back to that group of adventurers and they stopped staring at us. After some time I saw that they entered the boss room and I wished them good luck. Fighting against that giant is hard. Anyway we hunted the turtles for the rest of the day and I managed to max out another two middle grade jobs. We ended our day after that end went back to the inn to eat our fill. When I went to bed I wondered what the capital food is like.

6