Chapter 41
487 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In those next days we went to the dungeon and defeated a lot of monsters. I also started working on a house in my small world but it wasn’t as smooth as defeating monsters. Thanks to magic though I could somehow build it. I’m really proud of it, it’s a one floor house. Although the insides don’t have furniture and there is no glass in the windows I can always build those wooden ones.

That raid seemed to be a success because those people returned but their faces weren’t good. When I asked the people at the guild about that they told me that there wasn’t any treasure in the treasure room, in other words it was empty! I being a little sorry for them left the guild and didn’t disclose the fact that it was me.

I also practiced cooking in those days because I had to leave this city soon. The cook in the inn gladly helped me. When I cooked some dishes in the kitchen at the fourth day I suddenly heard a sound in my head.

[Cooking leveled up!]

I was happy with my cooking level raising up. The effect of it was somewhat mysterious because I could note the difference when I prepared the same dish with a lower level cooking skill and with a higher one. The higher one was obviously better but even though I could feel a difference it wasn’t that much either. I also began to practice swinging my sword because I felt I didn’t control my slashes enough.

As for the experience from those four days we gained quite a lot. Each day we hunted enough for me to level up one middle rank job and half of another one so five and a half job levels in total. My some of my skills also leveled up.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Age] 16
[Level] 50
[Job] Samurai
[Job history]: [Apprentice Fighter], [Apprentice Mage], [Apprentice Warrior], [Apprentice Swordsman], [Fighter], [Mage], [Apprentice Scout], [Swordsman], [Grappler], [Warrior], [Scout], [Thief], [Tank], [Elementalist], [Fire mage], [Barbarian], [Enchanter], [Archer], [Hunter], [Healer], [Wizard], [Knight], [Berserker], [Assassin], [Magic Fist], [Tracker], [Guardian], [Reflector], [Blacksmith], [High healer], [Ice Mage], [Wind mage], [Earth mage], [Lightning mage], [Light mage], [Dark mage], [Water mage], [Martial artist]
[HP] 5100/5100
[MP] 9350/9350
[Physical Strength] 7605
[Intelligence] 9650
[Agility] 6105
[Stamina] 5200
[Endurance] 5690
[Skills]:
[Fatigue resistance 7](UP), [Paralysis resistance 2], [Poison resistance 2], [Pain resistance 4],
[Fire resistance 4]

[Mana manipulation 6], [Fire magic 6], [Ice magic 6], [Water magic 6],
[Earth magic 6], [Wind magic 6], [Lightning magic 6], [Dark magic 6], [Light magic 6],
[Space magic 5](UP), [No-attribute magic 6](UP), [Mana perception 3]

[Cooking 4](2UP), [Cleaning 1], [Forging(Dwarf) 3], [Enchanting 4], [Armor creation 2],
[Alchemy 3], [Disarm 1], [Lock pick 1], [Night vision], [Improved hearing], [Improved vision],
[Cure]

[Hard body 8(+1280 physic stats)](UP), [Sense presence 6], [Hand to hand combat 6](UP), [Dagger combat 2], [Smash 7](UP), [Swordsmanship 6](UP), [Charge 4](2UP),
[Danger sense 5](UP), [Provoke],
[Archery 1], [Lethal strike], [Link], [Counter], [Berserk 3](UP), [Strong cut](NEW)
[Unique]:
[Language comprehension], [Akasha’s divine protection], [Item box], [Appraisal 8](UP), [Out of boundaries], [Keen sense], [No chant], [Multi cast], [Concealment 5], [Map], [Courage], [Party blessing], [????]
[Titles]: [Multi elemental magician], [Dungeon conqueror], [????]

[Strong cut]: Doubles your power on the next attack(Works only on bladed weapons). Can be used along other strengthening skills.

Lisa also got stronger.

[Name] Lisa
[Race] Firewolf
[Age] 16
[Level] 1
[Job] Bladedancer
[Job history]: [Apprentice Mage], [Mage], [Apprentice Swordsman], [Swordsman], [Apprentice Warrior], [Warrior], [Apprentice Scout], [Scout], [Knight], [Master swordsman], [Apprentice Fighter], [Fighter], [Beast Fighter], [Beast warrior], [Beast Knight],
[Beast Swordsman], [Hunter], [Assassin]
[HP] 3800/3800
[MP] 820/820
[Physical Strength] 3960
[Intelligence] 800
[Agility] 4360
[Stamina] 3460
[Endurance] 2760
[Skills]: [Fire magic 3], [Mana manipulation 3](UP)

[Night vision]

[Sense presence 5], [Smash 5](UP), [Swordsmanship 5], [Archery 1],
[Hard body 5(+160 physic stats)](3UP), [Beast form], [Danger sense 2](NEW),
[Lethal strike](NEW)
[Titles]: [Dungeon conqueror](NEW)

On the fifth day we headed out of the city. Before leaving I said goodbye to the chief in the inn. After leaving the city we went along the road that leads to the capital. We ran along the road for quite some time before taking a break. Our traveling speed is great thanks to our high agility and stamina stat. On the way we didn’t encounter any stray monsters so we didn’t even need to waste time. After two hours of running we made a small stop to eat. I made a small campfire and roasted the meat. After that I seasoned it a little and the effect was great.

Lisa ate most of the meat but I was satisfied with my portion. It seems that this meal made her day because she was smiling on the rest of the way to the capital. After another four hours or so we could finally see the walls of the capital. Seeing the tall wall that encircled a big city somehow excited me. When we were close enough to see the gate we could also see many people lining up. At first I though that there were that many people because it’s the capital but after walking closer I dispelled such thoughts. I also felt a familiar bad feeling.

[I wonder why there are so many people here, are they adventurers?](Satoru)

[They should be, but I don’t know why are there so many. Maybe they just want to enter the city to go to the dungeon. The entrance is in the city after all.](Lisa)

[The entrance is in the city? Isn’t it dangerous? Wait how do you know that?](Satoru)

[When I entered this country I heard some people talking about the capital, that’s why.](Lisa)

[That aside I don’t think that this many people want to go in just because of the dungeon. I guess I will ask about it.](Satoru)

We stood in line just like everybody else and our turn soon came. After showing our id’s I asked the guard what was going on.

[Excuse me, is there an event happening in the capital?](Satoru)

[What, you don’t know? There is a battle festival now.](Soldier)

[Battle festival? What’s that?](Soldier)

[It’s just what it sounds like, there is a big arena in the middle of the capital and contestants fight there. I heard that are nice rewards. Too bad I can’t participate.](Soldier)

[Oh I will check it for sure.](Satoru)

[I also recommend checking other attractions, welcome to the capital Dragran!](Soldier)

With those words we entered the city and strode on the wide streets. The capital is bustling with people because of the festival so it was noisy. Well but it was something along being at a market. I walked along the streets looking for an inn first. Fortunately there were signs telling us where the inn area is at. We visited several inns but they were all fully booked. The only ones that had free rooms were the higher class inns. We didn’t want to rent the rooms there because the price was very high.

Just as we were about to lose faith in finding an inn we saw a wooden building. The appearance wasn’t the best but an inn is still an inn. We entered it and to our surprise the interior wasn’t bad at all. In anticipation that there will be unoccupied rooms here I asked the woman at the reception and surprisingly there were available rooms. She also notified us about the fact that all of them were double rooms so we had to go with that. I accepted without a second thought as the price was pretty cheap compared to other inns.

Lisa blushed when she heard that we would have a double room but I didn’t notice it. I entered the room to check it’s overall appearance and it was good. It has all the necessary things that a room should have. The only thing that made me surprised was the bed. I though that there would be two beds near each other but it was actually a single bed for two! I froze a little and looked at Lisa who was also looking at the bed with a red face. I didn’t stay there for long and left the room with her. I still wanted to tour the capital to see what attractions it has. The guard did recommend me to do it but even if he didn’t I would still look around.

After exiting the inn I wanted to see the arena. The guard told me that it’s located in the middle of the capital so I headed to the center of the captial. There were many weapon shops and stalls with food on the way so I bought some food for me and Lisa. I didn’t walk for long and I could see a big building that stood out. When we got nearer we could see crowds of people near the arena exiting and entering it.

[So many people, are they all adventurers?](Lisa)

[I don’t think so, there are several people with what should I call it? Uniforms? Maybe they are from some kind of school.](Satoru)

There were some people with uniforms that also seemed to act as some sort of armor. They were near a reception desk talking to the receptionist. I wanted to participate in that battle festival but I didn’t know where to sign up. I decided to go where the people in uniforms were. Maybe I could sign up there sign up there.

7