Chapter 1
2.8k 12 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I, Haley, a maid serving for a Duke, the Reign Family.

Going to the library just to feed the useless member of the household, Stephany! I hate her so much! She’s only but a dead weight!

I felt sad for Mistress who died because of Stephany’s birth! If only she’s the one that died!

Also, she’s a cheeky BRAT! She’d be thankful by her father for not making her sold as a slave!

However, this makes my job easier! I just need to feed Steph and do some chores and that’s it! The only problem is that she always rings the [servant’s call] in the middle of the night!

She’s getting spoiled and cocky! She even ignores me!

In the middle of the night, I walked to her 2nd room, the library. And carried a tray with sweet atop of it. By the way, the library was separated from the main house, thankfully.

I went inside the library, slowly, my nostrils was filled with old books and dust.

Is there anybody going to clean this mess? Not me, I’m not a librarian. So it’s not my problem, and I think the librarian left because of Steph.

You know, sometimes when she looks at you, she somehow gives you this eerie feeling. Uwa, I’m getting shivers all of a sudden.

The floor was covered with dust, and corners filled with cobwebs as spiders continues to reside.

I want to clean this library, but considering what will happen to me, no. There is no merit for me, only her.

I walked into the center of the room, where a circular table could be found, the moonlit the center of the building, since there was windows above this table.

I put down the food, making the dust forms black clouds. I didn’t bother it, since a silver sphere covering it.

Finding her is not a problem. Then I walk a little to the right, there I find Steph seating on an antique chair and the books pile and stack up to each other.

This girl

She always did this to make my work harder. With uncontrollable anger, I push the stack up books to her. Making all the books fall like a domino and at the moment it falls to her. The books stop falling as if the whole word freeze its time.

I looked at Steph’s crimson eyes, I was disturbed and creeped out, the sinister showed upon her eyes, I shuddered in fear with the endless shivers.

I can’t move, no. I’m too scared to move.

Someone please help me.

Before I knew it, I was blown away a couple of feet, it was a weird feeling at first, how?

Was that magic? It’s impossible! She didn’t chant right? She have yet, to be given a wand!

From this view, the books that almost fell, it slowly came back to their original position, and I was able to see my lifeless body fell to its demise as blood gushed out violently from my neck.

I was not able to comprehend what happened, and fell into the world of the endless dark.

“Hey, can I have the perspective? It’s rude to not have the perspective you know!”

Grabbing the perspective myself, I stand up from my chair and clean up the mess. It’s quite sad that another maid dies. As for me, not really though.

It’s not my fault you know!

In any case… I came closer to the body and instantly casted a spell.

“Burn”

With one word came out from my mouth, the maid’s body burned into nothingness. Yes, not even a single ash can be seen. Also, the smell of the dead body seemed too vanished as well.

I feel sorry for her. Not really though.

In any case, I sat back onto my chair and casted a [levitation magic] on my tray. It levitated from the table and came here.

I opened it with my free hand, and saw a looking-so-delicious cake.

Oh~ Praised that maid who died earlier! She served me a cake. Not just a slice but a full serving!

Finding a corner of the cake that seems to be sweet, scooping it and into my mouth. The sweet sugary flavor spreads inside my mouth.

Hmn~ I moaned in ecstasy.

Oh right, I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Stephany Reign, I apologized that I stole the perspective. No, that’s not right.

Why would be the perspective is on the boring maid? I mean, I’m the main character here, right? I’m alive and well.

Haha~ am I right? In any case. I used my peony fingers to move onto the next page, oh!? It seemed that I already had finished the whole book. Sadly, I was enjoying the book, and didn’t think it was at end.

I stood up, and grabbed the key was hanging around my neck, and from the other’s view, it can be seen as but, a necklace. Then I chanted.

I always chant for this kind of magic, an advance recreation magic. It consumes many like no other.

 “Allow me to enter this sacred place. For I am. The admin”

The wind forms a tornado horizontally as it slowly becoming visible before me. The white color of the wind slowly turns to violet and there is also a faint of blue shade.

The books didn’t move an inch. Of course, it won’t. After all this is only a vortex to my never ending library. An archive which can store books from the other world.

Basically, if one creates a book. The archive would copy the book and store it in the depths of the archive. For there are many worlds, I assumed that the books stored

For there are many worlds. I assumed the books stored was infinite.

I remove my hands from the key and cast levitate spell on the books and store them back to the archive.

To get books from the other side. I thought a random numbers without limit. For example, I think a number 9083 and put my hand inside the archive, suddenly I feel something is on my hand. I take it out and a book is on my hand.
Repeating the process, I take 14 books in total. Then returned to my chair and ate the cake

Additional information about my archive, since I feel you have some questions regarding my archive. If I take out a book inside, the book in my hands is only, but a copy. Though, I can still get the original, but I don’t want to defile the books.
Part 2.

Hours of, hours of reading. I was drowned by the books, and was unable to keep track of the time.

Before I knew it, it was already passed noon. I had yet to receive any breakfast nor lunch. Although I could create food.

But it’s like drinking your own blood.

Well, it’s not like I’m hung----*GROWLS*!?                                                                                         

Uh. Well, that was unexpected, but I felt no shame whatsoever.

I closed my book that I had finished just now. Then stored one by one of the books into the archive.

I yawned as I stood up from my chair and stretched out. The heat had spread in the entire building. It’s summer after all.

Though I have no problems with that, since I don’t really get sweaty.

Walking near the entrance. I found a single thread and by the end of it there is a small box. It’s a device that I could pull down and the servants would be on their way. It’s called [Servant’s Call] it’s only available in important vicinity.

However, before I could touch it, the double door beside me opens forcefully and the fresh wind from the outside burst in.

The only thing I could react first. THE SUNLIGHT!! I, a citizen of darkness (self-proclaimed), sunlight is a mere enemy, yet, it has no sweat defeating me singlehandedly.

The poor eyes of mine just now experience between life and death situation. I reflexively turn around and crouch down.

Damn it!

 Just who are you to open my door like that!?

“Steph? Are you there?”

A familiar voice that shouted near the door, and called out my name, but I didn’t reply. It was Father – Alusu. The Duke Head of the Reign Family

“Oh~!” he let out a voice as if he saw me.

Without turning around to see his expression or even greet him, I hear a series of footsteps coming towards me, each steps grew stronger as it echoes through the library.

I shivered for no reasons. Am I dead? No, it can’t be, after all his my father! Then, he holds my shoulder gently.

“Hey, Steph can you come with me?” With a very pleasing tone. I cannot consider which my real Father is, because he always has that very angry tone in him.

I was intimidated and couldn’t do anything, even though I could show off my magic, and I don’t want to harm my peaceful, lazy life.

I nodded softly, his angry face and tone had engraved in my head, and I don’t want to remember my past. Suddenly, I was lifted like a princess in those fantasy stories. Wait, this is a fantasy story.

“Sorry Steph for hurting you, I’ll be careful not to do it again” He stopped and with our eyes locked to each other, he said with a gentle tone that soothe can a crying baby. “So, let me start again, as your compassionate father”

He smiled without his eyes lying. So, this is father is capable of.

“Mnh” I leaked out a voice that seemed to be an agreement.

Uwa, I wanted to cry! What the heck? Why are you doing? I understand! So don’t do this!

I wanted to cry, but for some reason I couldn’t. My father then patted my head gently. I wanted to smile in return. But couldn’t.

Then, my father carried me somewhere into the main house. In the process I covered my eyes from the sunlight, and when I felt where inside, I uncovered.

Looking from below, I saw my father’s eyes that were full of determination, Uwa. He’s really serious about this.

After a few minutes of being carried, we took a little stop by the door, but continued after a brief seconds.

The room inside was dark, and in the middle there was a woman in a wizard costume. No, since it’s another world, I think it’s now called uniform.

Before the woman, a ball that shined in the dark, I felt a magical presence to it. So, I’m already 14 years old? This ball is a detector to detect you magical power.

If you reach 14 years old in this world. You’ll be tested how much of your mana pool, and magic. Also, every individual has own powers. If you received [Fire ball], your magic will be that forever.

Also, I’m not that kind of person. I have many powers based on numerology and others as well. Don’t worry.

Those who has two magic power can be instantly consider as 2nd rate even without experience. 

Don’t worry, they won’t find out! Sorry father… I must lie to you, in order to protect my peace.

My father puts me in a chair in front of the ball. My father stands beside me and says.

“This is Grey, a traveling 1st rate mage. Please follow her instructions”

Oh! No wonder father fetch me in my room, what room? The library!

I replied with a nod and looked at Miss Grey who had a motherly aura. I smell something fishy. Additional information about my family. My mother had died after giving birth to me.

So, father cheated? Men are man after all. Also, I took all my tears back!

“Milady Steph, please in put your magical power on the Ball of Magic sense” Miss Grey says so with overwhelming motherly presence. Uwa, what a terrifying girl’s power.

I can already imagine her saying ‘oh, my’ or ‘well, well’.

I put my palm on the ball, and send a faint of my mana and carefully select my affinity that is [Frozen]. It’s a basic among basic from a magic power tree named [Ice attribute].

To select them, one must cast a particular affinity. Casting it would appear in ball.

Afterwards, the ball shine faint blue. Grey gave a report to my Father.

“The results are… Average, my duke” She said in a sad tone.

What about it? I have the average power of a duke, right? There’s no special in me or anything like that!

In any case, I thought about the future for a brief second. If I have average power, that means I can choose two paths. Whether to go the same, or socialize myself to other dukes, which I don’t like. I rather go the same path!

Yes, I think Father didn’t let the public know about my existence yet, which means the invitation rate for me is fairly low. Also, in order to not make me go to school, I have to show Father that I have knowledge.

Though, I have to be careful not to attract others attention. Now that I think about it, if I show my father about my knowledge, wouldn’t that mean I get myself a tutor? No, that can’t be possible.

Anyways, I look at my Father’s reaction for what my magic is. Though, looking at it, I really can’t understand it. It is somewhat happy, yet somewhat sorrow.

Father gives me a stern look and sighs. You’re disappointed of me aren’t you? I mean, my brothers and sister are very talented! Not only that, some of them are managing our firm properly! Thank goodness I have them, if not, the troublesome would pass on me.

Why? I mean, I certainly have knowledge.

“I see” My father says as he closes his eyes and continues after opening them “Grey, I will have you become Stephany’s personal tutor.”

HUH!?

For some reason, my ears aren’t working, ahem. Ear.exe is not responding.

With that, Grey stood up and gave a salute to my father, she then said with nonchalant tone.

“Leave her to me!”

Wait what! If that happens, wouldn’t make my peacefulness do away!? I can’t have this person by my side! And it looks like she will do anything to make me listen to her!

My father casted a smile and leaves the room.

Are you serious!?

 

36