Chapter 6 – Healing Practice
221 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finishing talking with Mirna, it was time to go to the tower for her usual lessons.

It's been over a year since she started.

Tiago and Sebastian were doing their best to get her ready to assist the king.

Presumably, he needed a healer to attend to him as soon as possible. Even though there was one available in the castle, he was refusing to have that one by his side.

Sebastian told Elisi she was his only hope.

It was hard to understand why Sebastian would say that to her. The task given to her was just to clean his room and nothing else.

Mirna even warned her to not interact with the king.

"Why do I need to learn that? I won't be seeing him at all. She even commanded me to run away the moment I saw him"

"Even when he is not present, there are many things you can still do for him. For example, you can purify his room, his bed and divan. I mean the pillows where he rests his head," said Sebastian.

"If you can...Touch his chest, forehead and brush his hair," Tiago proclaimed with extreme excitement.

"Wha...Whaaaaat are you talking about?"

Elisi shook her head and Tiago giggled like a little kid who misdeed.

"Well, his heart and mind are the most affected by the curse." added Sebastian. Tiago's innuendos went straight over his head.

She did not mind any of it, a realization that made her feel even more embarrassed.

I wish I could disappear at this very moment.

Her shameful feelings were too strong.

"Come practice on Tiago"

Sebastian called her without even getting to notice how flustered Elisi was. He wasn't very perceptive that day, it seems.

How can he ask her to touch anybody, after all the silly things they spoke?

Although she already practised on Tiago many times before, she could imagine doing nothing with him right now. She was too aware of herself.

She saw Tiago as a little brother and he saw her like his foolish older sister, so being close wasn't a big deal within them.

Not until they made her uncomfortable.

Tiago took one of the wondering bunnies and put him beside his face. Rubbed the animal's soft fur on his cheek and mumbled incoherent things while doing kissing motions with his lips.

"Mmmpmuuumu"

"You are tormenting me!" Said Elisi with a cute pouty face.

She never dared to say her mind this way before, but both of the magicians always made her comfortable to do so without judgment. It was as if slowly she became part of their little family inside that room. Lastly, she could feel a bit safe.

Elisi approached Tiago with heavy steps.

"give me that poor bunny"

Like a tiny baby, she rocked him in her arms and sat down on the bench.

Elisi needed something to calm down. Petting the soft bunny was exactly what she needed. The warm feeling of his always took all her worries away.

Tiago came with another bunny and sat on the floor beside Elisi.

"Perhaps I should give one bunny to Berit. She would love to have a fluffy companion, maybe she will remember me when she sees him"

Everybody was busy daydreaming. They could not be bothered to answer. However, Tiago was a determined boy. Nothing could stop his excitement.

"Elisi, what do you think?"

"I don't know her, but bunnies are hard to resist. They are too cute!"

"Right?"

"Don't talk silly things! I need them here for our practice. Maybe both of you should start practising again instead of sitting and pouting"

After her moment of embarrassment went away. She finally could resume her practice for the hypothetical healing moments with the king.

She knew the chances of her actually doing such things on the king were pretty lean, but she practised seriously in case one day she might need to use it on somebody else.

"Elisi, please don't forget to cleanse yourself after healing him, you must cleanse with water."

"He has a nice bathtub in his bedroom. He can warm it with magic," added Tiago.

Elisi's embarrassment came back to haunt her.

"I'll take my leave," she said

Then turned back and ran away.

**********

She woke up in the morning, helped in the kitchen with their breakfast before heading to the king's room.

She didn't feel so nervous. Getting to meet the king was very unlikely. She just needed to do her usual cleaning.

Elisi loved cleaning alone while fantasizing and forgetting all worries.

Certainly, this would be a pleasant way to spend 5 hours a day.

Standing in front of the door, Elisi somewhat got nervous. Seeing the door in front of her brought her back to reality and made her realize she was certainly going to take care of one of the primary rooms, and it was the king's room nonetheless.

How did she get here so nonchalantly?

Her refusal to believe it was true perhaps was too strong.

She wasn't about to deal with an eccentric old man like Sebastian, but the strict king who has no mercy for mistakes, or anything.

Endless worries suddenly occupied her mind, which previously was blank with joy.

With great determination, Elisi knocked twice as she was told, but no response came from behind the door. It was a sign that the king might not be in his room and it was fine to come in.

Elisi felt extremely relieved to learn he might not be there, her chest was released from great tension.

She looked at the golden knob as if she was hypnotized by it. She could even see her image shining through it... 

"So shiny! Will I make it dirty if I touch it?"

This is my Job. In a moment of bravery, she held right onto the golden knob and opened the door.

I guess he is not in his room; she said to herself, feeling a sense of relief.

but why is it so dark?

It was like a cave in its deepest depths, only the light of the hall lighted the entrance. Beyond it, it was just void.

She took the courage and entered the pitch black room and with caution, looked for the magic light switch.

Then she could hear some movement.

How can anything exist in such darkness?

7