Chapter 11 – Spells
165 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“He doesn't hate you, Elisi”

She raised her head like an antenna, ready to receive a signal. Maybe there was still hope for her.

“I'm sorry I haven’t discussed it with you. If I did... The king is very sharp, you see. He would have sensed something was wrong the moment you entered the room. At least you got an additional day today and additional days to come. Isn't it wonderful?!” he said enthusiastically.

“Mmmmm”

Elisi was rubbing her feet on the floor.

She was not fully convinced yet.

“Will he really accept a healer like me to be by his side after what they did to him?"

“You are not a regular healer. He is completely aware of that now”

“Hey! Did Dalion yell at you?” Tiago suddenly appeared in the room.

“Don’t mind him, if he does something... I'll show him”

“Thank you, Tiago,” said while slightly vowing to him.

“He should have asked me to do that... I can get very deep into people’s minds without the need to distress them. With you I don't need to try, you just leak too much even when I try my best not to read you”

Elisi did not know how to take that information.

“The King is aware of your powers now and he'll make use of them, but please don't let him reach your mind anymore”

“Why? He already knows she is not from this world,” Tiago wondered.

"There are things in her mind that are better be left alone. You think so as well, right? Elisi”

“What could possibly be so dangerous inside Elisi's mind? I don't understand"

“Tiago! Put it to rest!”

“But, why?” He wouldn't let it go.

“For the sake of the princess,”

Tiago, with a pouty face, put his head down in surrender. The princess was the most important person to him. He accepted that is better not to ask more questions about it.

“Elisi, then please listen to my grandfather”

She made her usual silent nod.

Of course, she knew the implications that such knowledge might cause if the king found about how deranged he became during his last years

How hard it was on the princess to go through trying to save him and failing.

With the great devastation left in the kingdoms by two vengeful brothers, she suffered greatly and not only her.

The unrest of the kingdoms woke up the sleeping dragon. With the help of Tiago and her cousin, they restored peace, but at a significant cost.

“Tiago, please keep it a secret from the princess as well”

“Why?” Tiago argued again.

“If she were to find out about Elisi, she would get worried for no reason”

Tiago once again surrendered to his grandfather.

“My wonderful pupils! Things have become too serious, let's study magic and healing. Let's forget about our troubles“

Elisi was getting better but still could not feel or control her healing.

Sebastian told her to stay calm about it and don't force it or she might end up blocking her powers.

All that mattered, in the end, is that her healing was working and she could see the results on the flowers and animals she was taking care of.

Seeing them healed gave her the feeling that her life had a little bit of meaning at least.

Tiago lately became enthusiastic about learning new spells.

Although Sebastian was a little worried that it might be a little too early for him to know such spells. Especially the ones dealing with emotions. Spells that could easily turn into black magic.

Tiago suddenly projected into a mirror the world Elisi used to live in.

It completely took Elisi’s attention that she went running towards the mirror in amazement, touching it as if she wanted to get in.

“Waaa! My previous world”

“Do you want to go back?” asked Tiago while his head was resting on his hand.

“No...”

Such a question made Elisi uneasy; she put her head down and went back to her seat.

“It’s just a mirage of what I could gather about your world. I can't send you back”

“Did you also get inside my mind?”

“Worry little. There are only 4 people who can do that, my grandfather and me included, ”

“Tiago, we should teach her how to protect herself from it”

“You are a healer, so there should be enough mana in you for that”

“Why didn't you teach me before I went to the king?”

“If the king wasn't able to read your mind. For sure, he would have thought you are a spy and would have tortured you in the dungeon, you know...

Elisi shivered at such realization.

“You are safe at least and the king seems to want to continue your service”

Sebastian reassured her.

For the next 2 hours, she studied how to block her mind. One of the most effective and easiest ways to block somebody was to think about sea otters. The image of this animal will prevent the other person from seeing her mind.

She needed to think about it at the beginning of the conversation. Then the effect would remain for half a day.

She didn't understand how it worked, but Elisi gave up on asking about things that made no sense.

“You got it, Elisi!”

“Thank you, Tiago”

Sometimes things were too hectic in the tower. Going with the flow was the best thing to do.

“Now you are safe to go to the king, wonderful!”

Sebastian had a pleased smile on his face.

Tiago came running towards her like a little kid and hugged her.

“Good luck tomorrow!”

Elisi went back to the kitchen and finished her daily duties before she went to sleep.

Thinking about how things went with the king and how she is to face him tomorrow kept her eyes wide awake for most of the night.

7