Chapter 13 – Past Tears
165 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elisi, still in a sleepy state, got startled at the realization that the butler was not the one behind her.

With all her might, she got up and faced whoever it was.

A beautiful towering man with silver hair cascading pass his shoulders like fairies blessed him, was looking at her with his cold silver eyes. He had perfect features that made him look mighty, as if unreal.

He was wearing a beautiful green banyan and a white long linen shift underneath.

“God?” Elisi muttered while her fit stumbled back.

“...”

He looks like a divine creature.

Pass the shoulder silver hair and bright silver eyes with three mole on the left....

T..the...the king!

That realization was too much for her little heart.

 I shouldn't be in his presence! I should not...

Her legs moved fast towards the door, but as usual, the grab of his hand stopped her. 

“Always sneaking... Trying to run away like a scared deer... You see? You still need to clean this room”

In her past, she would never run away. Doing so would have ended in her being severely punished, so she gave up on such ideas.

Why did she run away so easily now?

She was too embarrassed.

Feeling him so near, made every molecule of her body blast.

She was looking down, hiding her face from him, but with a steady hand, he gradually raised her chin.

Her eyes were full of nervous sparkles when she noticed his eyes were fixed on her.

When she focused her eyes and looked at him closer, she knew she saw him before. Maybe in the garden? But she wouldn't have forgotten him like that.

Tears started falling from her eyes while trying to touch his face.

Her soul was crashing.

He seemed to be taken back by her tears; they were too sudden.

Pulling back from her, he sat back on his bed rest.

“Please leave the room and come back tomorrow”

Then the king looked confused at her sadness, she knew he didn't want to deal with such things. The only person who he could tolerate was his daughter, and she was just a stranger.

Elisi this time was able to run away and closed the door behind her.

The tears wouldn't stop flowing, everything was was aching.

I'm happy, but why does it feel so painful?

She was leaning against the wall sobbing and holding her chest, trying to keep herself together.

Why so many memories are flooding her head? Of the day she died, of the years of abuse, why are they coming back to her now?

****

“Elisi, did you just climb the stairs?”

“Oh my! You look unwell. Sit here and let me give you this herb to drink. It will make you feel better.”

Sebastian saw Elisi in many different states, but never this way. It was the first time he saw her so pale and disoriented.

“My past and my present have collided,” said Elisi while staring at the void. 

“I don't understand my dear”

With both of her hands, she grabbed the tea and took a big sip.

“Aaah!”

She almost spilt the tea on herself.

“It’s hot! But the cuppp.. the cup is cold” too many tears were all over her face.

“It’s a magic cup” Sebastian looked proud “I apologize, I forgot to warn you”

Then Elisi took another sip and felt calmer.

Sebastian didn't want to press her into talking. Her mind was leaking and he could catch glimpses of it. Her emotions were running wild. She forgot to block her mind in front of him.

Sebastian eventually decided to talk to her.

“Are you remembering your past?”

Elisi nodded.

She took the bunny from the cage that was sitting on the table and started to pet him gently. This was a way to comfort herself.

She was glad she was not able to see the king's face till today. If she had seen him right from the beginning, she would not have been able to dream of him even once.

He was too beautiful. How dare she touch him all this time?

At least she got to experience some warm feelings for somebody.

Her eyes became watery again.

Sebastian went to the other side of the room to do reading and research. She seemed to want to be alone, and it was better to let her contemplate by herself.

If she were to need him again, he would come to her to console her.

She hugged the bunny and cried.

Why did he look familiar to her?

6