Chapter 21 – Daydreaming
111 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With shame, she went to the king’s room directly from Sebastian’s. First going to the kitchen would have been the courteous thing to do, but she could not bring herself to go there again.

Perhaps she did not change at all, maybe she was hiding again from facing the people who unwelcomed her. Maybe she needed to gather more courage.

Her hands were playing with a little porcelain animal while staring at the void as she was deep in her thoughts.

The door opened, startling her, and the king entered the room. Elisi almost fell from her recliner while getting up to greet him.

When seeking to keep the balance, she put the chair into a straight position by leaning the weight of her body forward and got up as gracefully as she could.

Slowly lowered her head, for she was too nervous to speak. Still, Elisi’s face had an air of contempt since she was glad to see him so clearly in the daylight.

Maybe she could dedicate the day to admire him and let her heartthrob to every one of his moves. Giddiness bloomed in her heart just thinking about it. 

She recognized she had no chance with the king. Even when she thought of him as ugly, she still realized that to be with him was pretty much impossible.

Besides fairy tales or like in modern times, when kings and rich people get married to commoners; it was never to their maids. Daydreaming about him is all she could do. It was more than enough. That alone made her feel more alive than she ever did.

Such affection, she could not give to Tiago or Sebastian or any other person, such love she could only give to Dalion. All she wanted was to have and provide such love, for in the past that kind of emotion was unknown to her. Not wanting to be aware of that love was too easy for her, and this time she didn’t want to turn her back to it anymore, even if she was the only person in love.

While Elisi was deep in her dreams, the king sat down to work on his desk.

“Elisi, will you pour some water?”

Elisi was sitting on the divan next to the table where the kettle was kept. After pouring the water, she headed towards him.

The room became brighter and brighter with every step she took.

She could not see him clearly anymore, he became just a blurry silhouette.

I need to give him his drink, but everything is turning white... But before she took another step her mind went blank.

When her awareness returned, she found herself being touched by him. His hand was holding her lower back and a glass on the other one.

The shock of having him so close in a spar of a second made her push him aside, yet before she could react, he took her in his arms and brought her to the other couch; it was almost the same as yesterday. Could she pretend she was a princess held by her beloved prince?

Try not to look at him, Elisi, please don’t stare at him.

Elisi was squeezing her eyes as if she was making a wish.

They arrived at the resting place and as they stopped, Elisi opened her eyes and looked down. Swiftly she had an expression of discontent on her face.

As he was laying her down, she grabbed onto him with substantial force; she wanted it to last longer; she became impatient to feel his touch, but soon she released him and sat on the sofa.

The king bent down to her; she was averting his gaze.

“Will you be afraid of me forever?” he said while arranging her cover head.

She did not mean to do such a thing. His presence was always great and vivid that all she wanted to do towards him was to hold on to him tighter and tighter so not fall deeper in his havoc. She craved to feel his warmth and in return; she wanted to help release the unrest inside of him.

Elisi wished to know what was on his heart. She could never tell what he was thinking, what is that he preferred. All she knew about him was in the book, but that was not the way she wanted to know him.

Was he annoyed being stuck with her all this time? Did he dislike the idea of her being his healer, did he perhaps hated her but not as much as the other healers so he kept her by his side? Maybe he needed to force himself to bare her touch just to slightly ease his pain, maybe he wanted her out of his sight.

Will he smile, she yearned to see his smile.

“I know why you do it,” he said “I’m sorry for that day”

That is not it, not at all...I...I am not afraid!

She wished to say that was not it. She does not hold a grudged towards him, but the words still won’t come from her mouth. She hoped the king could tell from the expression in her eyes.

Elisi was trying hard not to stare back at him, for she was getting absorbed in his glistening eyes and his soft touch of velvet. Then she took a pick at his gaze just once more while her head was still down. Just one more look.

The eyes that looked back at her galvanized her with his distant emotions that she lowered herself again.

"Tomorrow I need to leave the castle for a week. I would have preferred to take you with me, but you must be worn out. Come back in the morning to my room and take a rest” then he added, “I will take the Butler with me. Sebastian and Tiago are here if you need help”

The King got up and went to his desk. Elisi wanted him to stay by her side like that for one more spare second. She felt as if she just missed him by the tip of her fingers.

So beautiful he was not only by his looks.

Looking at his back as he kept writing in comfort, she fell asleep on his divan.

5