Chapter 26- Past and Present
101 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a night full of moonlight, an adorable boy was born.

With his pale hair and skin, she held him preciously in her arms. This baby was the light she has been longing for all this time. Finally, happiness filled her soul again.

While carrying him, she remembered the day when she first met his father.

So nervous she was because her beloved family had just told her they couldn’t decline the king’s demand to wed his son.

Rosalie did not notice her parents set her up for the task to be the prince’s bride. She was quivering in a panic on the grass, afraid of his arrival.

She ran away and slipped on the grass. Then a silhouette of a man came towards her while anxiously hiding in the garden. Rosalie did not wish to be part of it, she definitely did not, yet when she saw him up close he was like the dandelion’s seeds flying around full of hope in the air, all her sorrows flew away with them.

He gently approached her, He was kind and cordial until one day he resented her.

Now that this new baby came into her life, she named him after the wonderful memories she had of his father, she wanted him to be loved.

She tried her best to keep him away from harm’s way until one day her body gave up.

“Dear dandelion, please stay strong, I’m sure you will have a glorious life...”

She was glad she didn’t get to die alone and that she could feel the soothing touch of her son. Yet felt miserable that he saw her in a shameful state.

“Mother mother, please!!!”

Dalion knew his mother was leaving him.

He wished the gods to take him with her too. That plea should not be on a little toddler’s mind.

He prayed hard, urged, and cried.

At such a tender age, he thought he lost it all.

*****

“She gave birth to you to despise us, don’t forget it! Her only reason ... daring to charm my husband like that. My heart sank every night,”

She spoke those words so calmly and in such a sweet manner. How come she could tell cruel things with a clueless and innocent face while assuming that is the most natural thing to convey to a child.

She then crouched next to him and started playing with the collar of his white shirt.

Her face looked distant and sad.

“Cashton calling her name at nights and treating me like his little sister... I won’t let you take away what rightfully belongs to my son, I was foolish back then, but not anymore”

Dalion stepped back as she abruptly pointed at him with a finger right to his face whilst raising her tone slightly.

“You don’t need to keep the memory of your selfish mother. You can be free from her. Staying locked down would have been the best for you. I don’t understand why you require to share a classroom with my Algot. That stupid council would not let me send you away,”

He was biting his lips, almost making them bleed from the fury building inside him. Why is she talking about his mother like that?

He witnessed his father entering his mother’s room at night and make her cry.

Then left her drained of any will to live.

Later on, Dalion understood he was the fruit of such abuse.

If his mother hasn’t told him how precious he was to her, he could not have endured all the insults and beatings directed at him.

“How dare you talk like that to your mother?” added the lady-in-waiting of the woman pretending to be his mother.

“Insolent child!”

"I didn't say anything!"

She grabbed him by the hair and shuffled him, seeking to impress her mistress.

“How can you even attempt to speak to your mother like that?”

“She is not...!”

“Silence! If your father knew about this, you know you would pay dearly”

She carried him like that all the way to his room.

“I’m sorry you needed to do such a thing for me,” Menonina said with a bitter heart.

He didn’t ask to study with Algot; he did not ask for any of this.

His body was sore from the bitting during class and then to be yanked by the head like that after hearing those complaints from that woman. He wished he didn’t understand any of those words.

Dalion was sobbing in his room, upset that he still could not defend his mother’s honor. Why was he still a little boy?

Why they could not leave his mother alone even after all these years she has been gone.

He desired to become stronger and fight for her.

Then his father suddenly appeared before him.

“You should have been born sooner, you little bastard! It is your fault I resented her, she never left my hear...”

Stopping himself from saying more. In front of her grave. His father told him that.

The father was to approach him once more but faded away.

Nightmares of being talked like that about his mother and himself. About how got beaten during class for every miserable mistake he or his brother made.

Every time he closed his eyes, flashes of those days kept tormenting him.

Except for tonight.

There was that one person who shushed them away.

To whom such a warm touch belongs? Who was caressing his hair so caringly?

Finally, his insatiable heart was overflowing again.

Who was that person beside him? He wanted to see...

3