Chapter 34 – Confused King
97 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I need to inform the temple"

The healer said with a big voice, eager to put his words into action.

Dalion dreaded seeing him so fearfully excited. Although he knew those words were to be the first to come out of Orion's mouth.

He needed to calm that man as soon as possible and stir him in another direction before his mind would get set on talking to the temple.

"She is indeed a healer, but you won't inform the temple"

"How come? Every healer must go to the temple." Orion's eyes took a turn from excitement to confusion.

"She is not in position to go there at the moment, her body is weak"

"All the more reason she should go. She can be cured by the best of us. It would be easy for them”

That bastard is quit witted, Dalion thought as his anger was growing towards that person standing in front of him.

“Cure her already instead of arguing with me”

"Yes, your majesty"

Then he took some vials out of a little purse, aiming one of them into her mouth.

“What are you giving her?”

“She needs more than my healing powers, so just in case I made some potions, it seems I was right to make them, it’s all thanks to the temple that I have the skill”

“Tsk...temple ... temple,” he talks too much.

The king looked at the healer with discontent.

When she drank the liquid, the maid’s body shook once again.

“What’s happening?”

“It’s just the herbs taking effect”

“Do something!”

“You see, she has already calmed down”

Dalion was afraid to approach her. He could sense that Orion suspected his motives with the maid. He should stay calmer.

“It seems to have worked”

Said Sebastian.

“Orion, please allow me to be her teacher for some time,” the mage added “she has been a great help to my grandson”

“Your grandson is no healer, but a mage. He has nothing to do with her"

"She has been teaching him patience, something that he lacks. I promise we will eventually announce her to the temple and the priestess”

“You are putting me in a tough position, but I have no choice but to obey his majesty”

The healer felt ambushed by the king and his mage.

Maybe he should tell the clerics about a suspicious maid turning to be a healer and on top of that, she is a servant who the kings seem to be very fond of.

His head was exploding trying to figure this unusual behavior from everybody for a low tier healer a servant at that.

He didn’t like it at all.

But imagining his head being cut from the rest of his body was keeping him from acting on his thoughts, at least for now.

He wanted to get out of the room as soon as possible.

“My work is done, may I go back to my chambers?”

********

“Do you think he will keep his word?”

Asked Dalion once Orion left the room

“He looked afraid of you, I believe he will”

“I hope you are right”

Dalion did not look convinced and couldn't even stand himself.

“you can leave now”

He was pacing around the room. His heartfelt like a heavy rock pulling him down into the ocean.

Dalion felt anguish many times before, but this type was new to him, even that one time he fell in love, his heart didn’t feel the weight in this manner.

“What’s going on?” He said in frustration while passing his hand on his face.

“Maybe I should send you away after all?”

Will this uneasiness go away if she is gone?

He sat beside her, trying to get rid of those annoying sentiments.

5