Chapter 37 – She Is A Healer
83 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jeremy brought the maids to the room, while Dalion was sitting quietly next to the sleeping maid.

They all stood next to each other with their backs touching the wall, waiting for his reaction. Of course, they didn't expect things would go too well.

The king quietly watching them as he was playing with the tousle of his jacket made them feel even more dread in their body.

His icy eyes were like a freezing hell welcoming a storm. No need for words to tell his discontent.

But one servant could not stand the pressure anymore and fell to the ground, begging.

“I did nothing! I promise”

Still, he reminded on his spot, untroubled.

“Please my lord, I promise!!!”

Then got up and pull up her chin with his finger while she shivered in fear.

“How dare you lie to your king!?” Dalion said with a powerful voice that shook her even more.

A sensation like all the air in her lungs got soaked and only the right amount left for her to speak was pushing her words out.

“I Beg you” is all she could say. Her guts tangled thinking of the outcome if she told the truth.

Mirna was looking at them and couldn’t believe they were going through this for a mere servant like Elisi, less than a peasant she was, who had no parents or nothing to her name.

She felt disgust knowing that she needed to beg because of her. What Elisi did to the king for him to care so much?

There was no way a king would care like that for a lowly servant.

“Mirna, aren’t you a mere servant as well?” Dalion left the other maid and approached her with a mocking demeanor. Her eyes widen in fear of him, it seemed he read her mind.

Then she looked at Elisi, who was sleeping behind him like an untouched angel wrapped in the finest blankets.

“Do you want to be in her position? Would you give your life for me?”

It shocked Mirna to hear his words. Why was she treated like that, she did nothing.

“I’m begging you, please spare me. We did it to protect you from her”

ungratefull beings they were after living under his roof comfortably and with a great pay.

Protect him from her she said? His rage rose after hearing those ignorant statements.

He wanted them gone. With his fist, he was ready to take them.

Dalion wanted to teach them, but something grabbed his fist. That very touch annoyed him to no end. Who dared to stop him at this very moment. He would not forgive them.

But when he looked down, it was Elisi looking from under petrified.

Perhaps she felt the power he was about to unleash, and it scared her. It was better to stop since she went trough enough and shouldn’t witness more cruelty.

"Jeremy, please take them out and banish them all from the city"

“Please, my majesty, have mercy on me! Elisi, please tell him I did nothing!!!”

Mirna started approaching her.

“How can you cover your ears when I’m talking to you! Hey, I’m talking to you! You want me to die!!!? If you don’t have mercy on me, I will die!!!"

Dalion, remembered those lines. They were like those her mother pelted her with “if you don’t obey, we will die” that stuck in his mind.

Elisi was hunching on the floor, refusing to hear her boss and struggling to ignore her.

The maid's body quivered when Mirna was about to touch her.

If she were to be touch Elisi, it would break her.

So he sent her away with force, but when he noticed he was about to kill her, he stopped.

Elisi looked surprise, but not scared.

The woman kept begging, but Elisi just sat on the floor staring with distant, tearful eyes.

The king approached Mirna and whispered in her ears.

“Tell them you have attacked a healer”

A healer?!

An awful sense almost made her heart stopped, a healer, a person who is treated like a saint. Now she knew her life was over.

******

Then, once again, they were left alone in the room.

Her face was damp, and little hiccups were escaping her mouth.

Elisi's dark, purplish hair was messy, and her grayish eyes sparkled with sadness.

He wanted to do something for her, but still he never knew how to help her.

Hesitating, Dalion reached for her and offered his hand to help her stand.

Such a tiny hand touched his palm. Now he was the one afraid to break her.

After she stood, he didn’t know how to treat her anymore. As he walked away from her, he remembered he cannot send her to a life of service in the kitchen again. There was no other choice but to make her his healer, or this might happen again.

Human nature has jealousy, and it would never end.

“From now on you'll be my healer and then move to the next room.'

She stared at him with her twinkling grey eyes.

Then she approached him slowly. With all her willpower, she hugged him gently. He could tell she was trying to hold him tight, but was too weak to do so.

Elisi felt so fragile in his harms, like the most delicate flower.

Hugging is something he would only let his daughter do, but usually his daughter came in full force.

But why he can’t push her away

Gradually, Dalion felt she was sliding down ...

He grabbed her before so she won't hurt herself, but her eyes were closed.

7