Chapter 47 – Outside
41 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The carriage came to a halt after Dalion’s command.

As soon as he could open the door, he thrusted himself out.

Dalion’s feet sunk in the deep snow. Fluffy snowflakes were trying to cover his eyes with their force, but it was not strong enough for him.

Cold air entered his lungs to cool down the burning desire rising inside him. It was the fresh air he was desperately craving for.

Dalion could see Elisi’s confusion, the sadness brewing after he ignored her.

He did not know how to handle it.

It’s been long since he loved someone, if he ever did. He was too young back then. It left a foul taste that he swore he would not like to try it ever again.

He had no more interest.

But here she was, Elisi. The quiet and nervous little ball that came rolling out of nowhere, hitting his feet, bringing him to his knees, unaware of her power.

He could not take it anymore. He was the king. He could take any woman he wanted. He could just take her with no consideration, but he was afraid he would damage her if he did.

She was precious. He knew her past, he could not make her suffer anymore.

Now, Dalion found himself hurting her by running away.

Then her hand touched him from behind.

“Leave me alone,” he shouted.

The big voice shook her.

Despite his yelling, despite being scared, she felt she shouldn’t leave him.

He looked so beautiful in the snow, his silver hair, his eyes shining like shattered diamonds by a creeping melancholy, his pale skin was seeking warmth.

Dalion took her mind out of her surroundings.

The king’s dream might have affected Elisi too much, such terrible memories he had.

Slowly, she approached him once again. Her hand almost reached him, then his gaze changed, became hard and menacing.

Dalion charged towards her that her back bounced on the carriage.

“You don’t care if I hurt you? You know me, you heard about me… do you enjoy pain that much?”

Elisi was shaking in cold and fear. Yet again, she did not turn her eyes away from him.

Dalion wondered how many more times would they find themselves in this situation where he pushed her against the wall.

“We are stuck in a loop…” said Dalion in a low voice.

The snow kept lashing at them, but it didn’t matter since they were in their own world.

“I enjoy seeing you cry… it brings me joy when your tears fall for me… when you.. you should run,”

His expression somehow reminded her of the little boy in the dream.

His eyes looked lonely while saying those things. Her cry brought him company. That made her happy.

If it brought him joy, she didn’t care to be in pain. It was better than feeling numb.

Now Elisi could feel again.

“It’s better than no feeling anything… If it brings you joy, it’s ok”

“Don’t say that…”

“Because I love you”

“Don’t say that…”

He was told those words once, by a healer who left him.

Berit’s mother. An adolescent that was confident and cheerful, that looked mysterious when he himself was the same age as her.

She ran to his brother’s arms, but she came to his room the night before her wedding to give him her first time.

The healer now standing in front of him was nothing like Eloise.

Her random acts of bravery, like daring to say “I love you” to him, were making him want her even more.

“If you don’t care to suffer; I won’t stop you…”

She did not run away and stood still despite all.

Her head was covered in snow. By passing his fingers, he melted the freeze gathering on her lashes, her cheeks became rosy from the cold and embarrassment.

Will he kiss her again?

2