Chapter 49 – what does he like?
27 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, she will come handy when I get injured. She is pretty, so I wonder about her healing.”

“She is working for the king, so she must be efficient,”

“What’s her name?”

“She’ll only take care of his grace… stop wondering,” the butler declared as he interrupted the knight’s conversation “if something happens, the other healer is here with us… anyhow, keep moving. The break is done.”

The snow was getting heavy. A kind of falling that was unusual for this time of the year.

Jeremy hoped they won’t get stuck in the duke’s castle for too long. The good thing maybe is they won’t get stuck in the middle of the road.

The butler left to check on the king, but once he opened the door, his anointment shoot like daggers. He instantly regretted opening it.

Once the butler finally entered his carriage, he could enjoy his safety again.

The healer was eating her bread slowly, looking like a lost puppy.

Good thing she was with them since his majesty was too irritated at the moment to be around. He regularly travels alone anyway. Jeremy did not understand why, out of the blue, the king demanded a companion. No surprise it did not work out.

In the end, his majesty lasted less than one day with her around.

There’s no hope for this king. He will die alone if he can’t even get along with Elisi.

He believed the king kept her in his room only because it was his fault Elisi became sick saving his life. Now that she is better, he has no more patience.

Too sad the maids miss understood her situation. That king has no heart.

Jeremy peered at the healer once again.

“I feel sorry for you needing to deal with that grumpy king.”

Elisi turned to look at him and blushed.

He guessed he could not use such harsh words in front of her.

“Like I said, don’t mind him…. Always remind him you are a healer… if he treats you badly, then too bad… no healing for him.”

He leaned forward.

“Don’t mind telling him that,”

The butler nodded in agreement to the words he said.

“But I don’t want to keep him in pain.”

Jeremy’s face looked troubled at the mere thought.

The butler let out a sigh.

“There’s no hope,”

The knight looked at both of them. He enjoyed listening to them.

…………

The butler’s words made Elisi blush, but soon it went away when he told her to be cruel towards the king.

It made her scratch her head.

Since the Jeremy seemed to like to chat like Tiago, she wanted to take this chance to ask some questions.

She hasn’t seen Dalion doing anything that he liked. He was consistently either working or lying around sleeping.

“The king…” the butler turned to her, even though she was the one who called him. She got startled, but he was waiting for her to continue her sentence.

“Does he have anything he likes? He always works.”

“Mmmm he did in the past. He used to do archery and go hike to the near mountain to run away from work… but since the headaches started more than a year ago he’s been almost a living death” He continued.

“He was like that until recently that is … he’s been somewhat active lately.”

The butler looked at her like he discovered a mystery.

“Now that I think of it, I might have made a mistake keeping you here” The butler nodes to himself again.

“But I’ll keep you here. Soon we will arrive anyway.”

“Sir” the knight spoke for the first time.

“We arrived.l

2