Chapter 51 – Going In Circles
45 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After dinner, Elisi fell asleep in the maid’s room and now she was struggling to figure out the confusing map Jeremy kindly drew to help her find the way to her chamber.

“How I’m supposed to read it? Is this north?”

Unfortunately, it wasn’t helpful.

Why can’t she keep sleeping with the rest of the stuff?

“You need to stay by the king’s side. You shouldn’t have slept here in the first place,” replied the butler.

‘But it’s too scary… the last time we spoke the king said I’m annoying and got a kick out of his carriage.’

Although she wished to see his handsome face and to be in his presence, hearing those words again would be more devastating.

Walking down the hall, Elisi witnessed the excessive wealth of the duke’s. Jeremy wasn’t exaggerating when he said the duke was a powerful, rich man.

The space was sparkling, much like the palace she came from.

Beautifully carved furniture, elegant flowers and meticulous paintings decorated the path way. The carpets too had beautiful patterns.

But Elisi liked the king’s place better, maybe because she was more familiar with it? And she didn’t even get to see the more luxurious rooms of his majesty’s castle.

Elisi eventually stopped to check all directions, then threw her head and hands down in surrender.

‘I can’t find my way…’

…….

A pretty lady looked lost on the staircase.

Her long simple gown was cream colored, which was a pretty usual attire for her kind. The purplish hair and small body frame resembled a gentle fiery that came out of a painting.

Watching her hesitate as she studied a piece of paper almost made him let out a chuckle.

She was the healer who grabbed his attention.

Why did the king kept her so close?

“Are you lost?” He leaned from behind and talked very close to her ear.

She almost jumped back from the scare, but soon recovered and greeted him.

He took the paper from her hand and looked at it, almost let out another chuckle.

“my lady will never find her way with this map.”

Then her big eyes looked at him with hesitation after he suggested taking her to her chambers.

Indeed, an odd proposal by a man, but that’s exactly the weird position he wanted to place her in.

She had no other choice but to accept it or she would have been lost for another long while.

As they walked, the duke tried to tangle her arm under his. Somehow, she could sneak behind him every time.

He had a hard time getting close to her. She was making him chase her.

Was she aware of her doing? She looked so clueless in a way.

Elisi, she answered when asked for her name.

Was Elisi one of those conniving girls feigning innocence to look cute and bait their prey?

Was she trying to seduce him? Did she do the same to the king?

“Is this why the king keeps you by his side?”

“Mmm?”

“Why are you by the king’s side? That’s unusual?”

“I’m a healer”.”

“There must be something else…”

She blushed shyly and didn’t answer.

But her silence didn’t show something mischievous. Why does she react so cutely?

“Why is your hair short? Even male healers wouldn’t dare to cut it?”

She grabbed a strain of her hair and looked at it with hesitation, her eyes became sad.

“It just happened”

The duke tilted his head, trying to figure her out.

“Do you always talk this little?”

Being bombarded by his question, the healer walked back sneakily, but he tried to catch up with each step.

“You are not really a healer, are you?”

“…..”

“Does the king like you?”

Her eyes widened at his question and pouted.

“He finds me annoying, and he kicked me out”

Her response took him back.

No way, the king has something with her; he is sure of it, but she doesn’t seem to be lying.

The more he had her by his side, the more he liked it.

They opened the door.

He didn’t take her to her chambers. He took her to the drawing room where the king and the others were waiting for him.

He bowed slowly, then straightened his back and raised his chin.

“Your majesty, let me marry your healer.”

2