Chapter 55 – A Ball
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your Majesty, at last I've found you!" Jeremy approached the king, breathless, while adjusting his more than unusually fancy attire.

"Elisi has been summoned to the ball. I assured her that His Majesty would keep his distance so she could fully enjoy this evening."

"Is that so?" Dalion's displeasure was evident, yet Jeremy pretended not to notice.

“Too many people”

"Indeed, far too many. They all want a glimpse of His Majesty."

“Marion” the king noded.

"I have extended an invitation to your healer," the duke remarked with a playful smile while Dalion kept his stoic face.

"And Eloise will join us tomorrow evening," the duke added.

"Why would she venture into this place?" Dalion still feigned disinterest.

"I’ve received a letter in which the priestess informed me of her arrival in order to retrieve your healer, whom she hasn’t met yet. The temple cannot leave any healer unaccounted for. His majesty is sure aware of their practices”

Dalion's facade of indifference grew more difficult to maintain.

“I’ll wed her after she is done her training” exclaimed the duke like he was cutting in line to rob a cookie and flee.

"How did the priestess know about Elisi? Did the duke tell her?" wondered Jeremy, his voice filled with concern.

"It's not possible. The duke met her two days ago, and it takes more than two weeks to get here... it must have been be someone from the palace."

Jeremy nodded in agreement.

Then, an angelic being entered the hall. Short purple hair pinned with little pearls on the side, and her champagne-colored dress was flowing with her.

She seemed to be searching for someone, was it him?

Dalion hated to be put in this position. He could not reach her, let alone touch her or dance with her. He could not guide or even talk to her or any of those things would harm her like before.

"Jeremy, don't let anybody get close to her."

……..

Elisi was searching for Dalion in between the sea of people who were emerged in playful chatter and joyful dance. Her glance dazed around whithin them.

She was in a luxurious place which she did not belong.

“Lady elisi”

“Mr Jeremy”

“Let’s go with the food, we are going to be safe there”

The butler felt he has made a mistake by bringing her to a place were hunters prey in harmony for their next curiosity, and he naively brought the easies pray in shinny pretty attire.

Dalion has given him a concealing charm that’ll diminish their presence, sadly the healer aura is a bit strong.

“That sneaky bustard”

“The duke?’

“Ssshhh , don’t say that”

Elisi steighted her head towards the crowd.

“Eloise is coming tomorrow, you need to be prepared to be taken away to the temple. Hopefully youl’ll be able to come back to the palace at once, but I wouldn’t count on it”

‘Eloise, the temple , not going back to the palace whats going on?”

Sadness stung Jeremy on behalf of Elisi, she knew things became a mess, but she did not know to the extent.

Jeremy shielded her from anybody who tried to approach her, the duke became disoriented around her walking in endless circles to find her.

“Here eat this cupcake, lets enjoy the tasty food at least”

Her eyes were no longer focused on the party, all her mind power was arrowed on the endless foods. Munching happily both stood on the side of the feasted table.

Elisi tried to grub a drink, but Jeremy took it away.

“Only juice for you, just in case”

Elisi pouted and took some of the canopies on the table, olives and cheeses with exquisite sauce that exploded of flavor.

“Thank the gods nobody saw you with the king and think you are just a maid helping me, at least we have that on our side. Dalion appears drunk tailing the duke not to come close to you”

Elisis mouth was full, so she nodded instead in agreement.

“Here a cute cupcake for you”

Under the cupcake there was a folded paper.

“Please come to the annex garden after the party’

“I’ll take you there, don’t worry” said Jeremy with a charming smile.

1