Chapter 56 – Fireflies
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Filled with content in his heart, Dalion made his way towards the garden his mother adored, a place that had provided her solace since her childhood and had now become his sanctuary.

Away from the main manor, in the proximity of the annex, this safe place was located.

Dalion requested the servants and gardeners to preserve its pristine condition. The mere thought of witnessing it weathered and worn would shatter him.

He gazed up at the moon, reminiscing about how beautiful Elisi looked in her dress.

A smile played on Dalions face. Happy in the fact that others saw Elisi merely as a royal servant assisting the king's butler. It was not time yet to reveal who she really was.

Although some men lamented that such a cute girl was not of noble birth.

One man dared to contemplate approaching her, but Dalion swiftly stopped his advances. Even the duke was unable to evade Dalion's intervention this time, as he mischievously feigned drunkenness.

It was unusual they thought to see the king acting friendly and somewhat tipsy, but Yet, most onlookers dismissed it after commenting on it.

Is that what feels to be lucky Dalion pondered, cherishing the fleeting moment.

And then he caught sight of her inside the greenhouse wandering amidst the flowers, peeking around to see if he had arrived.

The minimal lamps scattered around surrounded her like fireflies and with her light dress she shone like the moon this nigh.

“My lady”

Elisi turned towards the low voice.

There he was, why does he look even mightier? Her eyes could never look another way.

Being called "my lady" by him sent shivers down her spine, which she concealed with a bow.

Tenderly, he took her hand and they walked towards the end of the garden. No words were spoken between them; the stars above said everything.

A little pond reflecting the skyes met the end of the stairs they sat on.

"My mother liked this place, and over time, so have I,"" Dalion said as he put his head on her lap. Was her dress comfortable? It did look like a fluffy pillow.

Out of habit, Elisi's fingers began to caress his hair.

A faint smell of alcohol swirled with the breeze. Dalion, with his magic, kept them warm as if the snowy winter did not exist in this place and the garden with the pond were kept in a perpetual spring.

He got up and extended his hand.

"May I have this dance?"

She placed her hand in his, allowing herself to be pulled up, her gaze meeting his once again.

"Why is it so peaceful around you? Even when you aren’t there, just thinking of you eases everything..."

Was he drunk? Indeed, he was.

"Do they dance like a ball in your world?"

Dalion might have noticed her unfamiliarity to the practice.

"They don't anymore, but they do slow dance, I think."

She wasn't sure if they still did that, but she had seen it in movies.

“Slow dance? Will you show me?”

Elisi felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment, but her heart overruled her shyness as she took his hand and placed one behind her waist then held his other with her own.

He fallowed her as she hummed her favorite romantic song 

Dalion got closer and closer to her until he met her lips. She was wrapped in an imaginary spring coming from him.

Now he looked like cherry blossoms.

Slowly, he lowered her down. Elisi could no longer resist the warmth of the long kiss.

At this moment he made her his.

Nothing mattered anymore, even if she died.

1