The Growing Experience
235 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, alone, Trina popped up from the bubbles.

"Trina thinks you should look at the message you have! Now that the crazy purple-haired girl is gone! Trina thought she was gonna have to step in," the little fairy made some mock punching actions.

"Could you have done anything to her? I mean can i even touch you? No one can see you right, so then that means only I can see and hear you?"

"No, you're right, but Trina could have looked like she was helping!"

I shake my head and sink into the bath. Even in my past life, I didn't have a chance to bathe often. I sunk up to my eyeballs in the water. Most of the bubbles have gone now since all the dirt came off me, and I concentrated on opening the alert star icon.

The pulsating blue screen popped up reading:

WORLD QUEST EVENT COMPLETION

You have completed your first WORLD QUEST EVENT. For helping DUTCHESS GRACE HUNTINGTON with rescuing and returning her bag, you will receive 5 levels of experience. You will also receive 1 NAME CHANGE COUPON from the quest holder and a residence update.

When I confirmed the completion alert, I hear a chime go off in my head five times and see a new icon flashing. This one is a shadowed profile from the shoulders up. This icon must be my stat sheet, so I opened it up.

When the screen for my AVATAR opened, two more screens open over the top, covering my character sheet. The first was for my new class choice for reaching level five.

CHOOSE LEVEL 5 CLASS

When you attain level 5, you get to choose from 5 classes, and every five levels, you will select a new path to progress. Stat will be auto distributed depending on the class chosen. The choices are as follows:

DEFENDER

You are the tank and a leader on the field. Your battle cries will draw the enemies from your allies. Gain TAUNT Skill.

DUELIST

Quick and nimble, as you slide between your foes to strike at vital points. Using your parrying skills to counter the enemy's strikes. Gain RIPOSTE Skill.

MAGE

Controller of the elements, invoke magic to cause ranged destruction. Control of fire is the first step to Magus. Gain FIREBOLT and FLAMESHIELD Magic Spells.

MARKSMEN

The ranger rouge fires from cover while targeting foes from a distance. Traps and gadgets allow the marksman to keep his distance. Gain DECOY TRAP Skill.

CONJURER

Summon the help of an ethereal being to fight by your side. Share some of the strengths and abilities as you fight together. Gain SUMMON EARTH SPRITE Magic Spell.

RANDOM

Receive Random Skills or Magic rewards and bonus Passives when you progress every five levels. You can gain skills from all classes. Gain RANDOM SKILL OR MAGIC and RANDOM PASSIVE SKILL.

Wait... It just said there were only five classes to choose from, but there was a sixth at the bottom. Random, what was that all about, I wondered? I looked through the rest of my classes and pondered through each one.

Well, this was a big choice for me. The first choice I make in this world will lead me down a particular path. Each class had its ups and downs, but the last one drew my eye.

My blessing of Destiny had already gotten me this far. It seemed that this would give the blessing Destiny gave me full control of the course of things for me. The idea of having access to everything with this blessing, how random could random be with my blessing? I brought my head above the water and asked Trina about it.

"Trina thinks you're right, Dave! Destiny is on your side so picking random is like letting Destiny guide you!"

I agreed with her and made the selection. After I confirmed the choice, a new window popped up.

CONGRATULATIONS ON CLASS CHANGE

You have received a new CLASS and SKILLS. Please check your AVATAR for details.

Nice! I wonder what it will be as I close the window to see the last one before my stat sheet. It just a window congratulating me on reaching level six. I confirmed the window, and as it closed, I burst with light!

I slipped down into the water, flailing in surprise but being so small in such a large bathtub, I was having trouble getting above the water. As I kick and struggle, trying to get my head back about the water, I felt my body begin to change. The light fades, and I'm able to get my head above water.

Wiping the water on my face away, I can still see my stat window open, but my eyes are drawn to my hand and the arm attached to it. My hand isn't huge, but it and my arm are bigger now. I slowly stand up, wobbling, and realized that I'm taller now. My legs are longer, and when I look between them, even that got bigger!

Suddenly, as I examine my new grown body, the door bangs open!

"Are you alright! I hear you splashing and i seen light coming fromthe door and..." Came the concerned voice of Lavender as she burst into the room, but she froze when she saw me standing naked.

Our eye's connected, and for a moment, we both froze. Lavender's eyes first were confused. Then they had a look of realization as she looked down between my legs. Both our faces filled with crimson as she turned and ran from the bathroom, slamming the door.

I dropped into the warm water to cool my burning red face.

The door cracked open, and Lavender spoke from the other side.

"W-W-What happened to you? Why are you and it so big now?"

Lavender's voice shook as she spoke through the crack.

"She knows why. I mean, she should know why. Age is determined by your level, but the aging can be stopped using a specific skill. This skill allows you to stop aging as you level, but you get a two-year clock to complete the round. Failing to complete within the time gets you knocked out. Insta-KO," Trina explained.

"A-Are you listening?" Lavender's nervous voice came through the crack again.

"Yes, sorry," I had to clear my throat, my voice had become a little deeper, and my voice had cracked. "I gained five levels, so I'm twelve now."

The door slammed, and the pattering of footsteps got quieter as Lavender ran away for some unknown reason. I had no real experience with girls in my past life besides the setup, and I don't feel like Cindy counted as an actual experience.

I really wasn't sure why she ran, but I could still see the open window, and I was excited to see my class. I started to look over it all and started to get even more excited. My stats had jumped some, and my card wasn't blank!

LEVEL: 6

HP: 35/35

MANA: 25/25

NAME: Dave Huntington

AGE: 12

CLASS: Hero

STATUS: Very Hungry

WEALTH: Non-existent

HOME: Huntington Manor

STRENGTH: 8

CONSTITUTION: 6 (+30)

COMBAT: 7

SPEED: 9

INTELLIGENCE: 6

MANA: 4 (+20)

???:

???:

ABILITIES

PASSIVE SKILLS

PEIRCE EVIL: People with evil intentions have black auras and are vulnerable to the HERO's LIGHT BLADE Skill.

ACTIVATED SKILLS

LIGHT BLADE: Activate to summon a blade of light. This Spell consumes 5 mana per/minute.

Hero? What kind of class is that? I mean, I am not complaining; I'm built to fight evil by the looks of my skills.

I get out of the tub and dry myself off, thinking excitedly about my AVATAR and the cool new skills. Once get dried off, I put the clothes on that Tilly brought for me. I was pretty surprised to find black jeans and a white t-shirt that somehow fit me after my growth spurt.

"I didn't even hear the maid come back in," I say to myself once I get the clothes on.

"She didn't. These are magical clothes that will grow with you. They should be fire-resistant as well, I think," Trina informed me as she spun around me through the air.

"I have to say this is all turning out pretty good," I say as I open the door to leave the bathroom, but I stop.

Lavender is standing outside the door. She has her hands balled into fists at each side of her, and I looked at her face, making eye contact. Lavender's face was still very red, but this time, she looked angry!

2