Chapter 30 Stabilizing The Rift (Part 2)
1.3k 14 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Juno's POV 

The void rudely threw me out from the void and directly into a group of humans wearing exoskeleton suits equipped with missile launchers and a type of machine gun. They obviously panicked from my sudden appearance and fired their weapons at me without a second thought. Though before I could fight back, within the ground beneath them in the center, an alien covered in rapidly twisting and pulsing barbed wires 'exploded' its tendrils into the human's chests, and another aiming for my own but only a metallic clashing sound was heard. 

We fought fiercely after evaluating each other. No matter how much it tried to pierce through my exoskeleton, it wouldn't happen. Compared to those insects from chaos, this thing wasn't even a challenge. Tearing off its limbs and flailing tendrils, I peeked out from the sunken pit I was currently in. 

Everywhere around me were the same type of aliens and 'mecha' humans fighting each other. I joined in on the fight, of course, seeing that this was an opportunity to collect some EVO and DNA points. It wasn't until a few hours had passed that the new Rift appeared and dragged my body into the void, leaving behind a blue alien corpse. 

Shared POV 

『You okay?』 (Jun)
『Yeah. The aliens in that world were really weak』 (Juno)

The twins shared what they did in their world in a cheerful atmosphere. Jun realized the world Juno was thrown in was Edge of Tomorrow, and the leader alien she had killed before leaving should be an Alpha. Jun's world was Sputnik, and apart from the alien he had eaten, there wasn't anything else there, just a normal human world. Too bad there wasn't enough time to create a Rift Gate. 

Another Rift formed in front of the twins a little more stable than the last but still deforming under a strange force. The twins were sucked into the new world, or more specifically, space. Just entering their senses came a large space station. It came as a surprise that the two could survive in the vacuum of space albeit for only a short time. 

'Moving' their way towards the space station, they created a loud thud coincidentally landing outside the airlock. 

Whoosh 

Alarms were blaring and red flashing lights filled the small room the two were standing in. They both had to crawl on all fours close to the floor just to fit inside, but even then it was too tight. 

"Unauthorized entrance in Airlock 6"

The door we were about to open wouldn't budge as it had automatically locked itself. Juno turned her head to the corner to see a camera staring at the two quietly. She ripped it off and destroyed it within her mouth before spitting it out. Jun rammed the door with his armored head, denting it a few inches every time. 

"Airlock 6 has been breached by an unknown entity. Locking section 2"

The doors ahead were all closed and locked, but it was useless now that Jun had enough space to charge toward it. Feeling the lack of gravity inside made it easier and faster to destroy said doors as well. Breaking through them one after the other, Juno followed behind him silently as if she were his shadow. It was odd that there were no signs of life in the large space station. Was it abandoned? 

Crash! 

Right in front of them, a weird alien with tentacles and wing-like appendages on its back appeared before the twins. There wasn't much to say apart from Juno immediately slashing the alien in half with her tail. The alien was in obvious pain from its flailing and squirming in the air. The twins took this chance to further kill it and devour the still wriggling pieces. 

But before they could fully devour it, they were sucked through the void once again.

[Rift has been stabilized. Detected various DNA within the hosts, undergoing passive evolution.] 

There wasn't a drastic change with their outer appearances aside from Juno growing another pair of dorsal spines. Most of the evolution was done on the genetic level, changing their insides. 

[New skills gained.] 

Skills

Juno
Retractable claws: 100%
Parasitic Saliva: 64%
Rapid Revolution: 9% (New)

Jun
Berserker: 7%
Virus Command: 62%
Symbiote Saliva: 4% (New)

From the system's explanation, rapid revolution was the use of extending Juno's dorsal spines outwards like barbed tendrils to almost the same length as her tail, and rapidly revolving them around her body. But because it needed most of the body to twist and turn for the rapid revolution to work, it was less than 10% of the actual ability the original holders could use. By reaching 100% she would be able to simulate something similar to the original holders, but for now, it was only possible to stretch her dorsal spines and whip them around like an extra set of tails. 

Virus command was the ability to command virus-infected individuals, and to a certain extent, controlling higher beings. This was the ability obtained after devouring multiple B.O.Ws and the master of the horde. Lastly, Symbiote Saliva was recently obtained after eating the strange alien from Sputnik. By impregnating a host with his saliva, the host will slowly grow an alien-like creature that resides within their body. This process does not hurt the host. The only downfall of this ability is that the host and parasite will have a symbiotic relationship, becoming one entity. 

Just at the end of the Systems explanation, they were sent into another world of medieval and a touch of fantasy elements.

Finally we're in the world of Skyrim. There's a lot to learn about Skyrim so I might go on hiatus for a few days-weeks. That is, if you want a more fleshed-out world and development for the twins. If you simply want a pass-by and some action, then I can go through it in a few chapters, roughly the same as the other worlds. What should I do? I also got 17 hours of sleep. Thanks for reading.

Should the twins have a brief stay in Skyrim or a longer stay?
  • Short visit Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Long visit Votes: 31 79.5%
Total voters: 39 · This poll was closed on Mar 21, 2021 02:46 PM.
41