Chapter 4: Old friends
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two years later.

It was weekend.Eshaal decided to buy a few books to read at this weekend. She entered the bookshop and went the shelf labelleb "Biographies ". She was checking out the books when she heard two men talking.

"Hey man, long time no see. Where have you been?" one man asked the other.

"Hey Arthur, how are you? Oh am just a little busy lately. " Other men answered.

"Am fine. And don't tell me your are reading books on the topic of " How to write a good book " . That guy named Arthur laughed.

" So what if I am, huh?" Other man said.

"Nothing, nothing. Its been years and you still have not finished writing your book. I wonder if I would be able to read your book in this life time" he laughed again.

" Shut up and get lost now. I Am busy. Bye. " That guy turned to leave without waiting for the other person's answer.

Esha looked up and saw a tall man wearing black jeans and a blue hoodie walking towards the counter.

How rude. She thought and focused on the book in her hands again.

She bought two books and left the shop.

It was monday. Eshaal was having breakfast. There was a deadly silence in the house. She was badly missing her parents. Even after two years she was not able to find the culprit behind her parents death.

She remembered the number Uncle John gave her last night. She had asked Uncle John to find her the phone number of one of her mother's friend. This man was a famous detective and a good friend of her mother's. She wanted to call him and ask him for his help.

She picked up her cellphone and dialed the number. Call connected after ringing for a few seconds and voice of a man sounded in her ears.

"Hello."

"Hello. Is this Mr Graham? " she asked.

"Yes, who is it?"

"My name is Eshaal. I am daughter of Samantha Marvin." She doubted if he still remembered her Mother.

"Oh you are daughter of Samantha. How is she doing? Its been so long since we last talked to each other. And how is your father? "

"She.. " Esha began to tell him everything.

"Thats unbelievable.I am so sorry for your loss." Mr graham said after being silent for a few second.

Esha could feel the shock in his voice. She then asked him if he could help her.

Mr Graham told her to come to his place so they could talk face to face. She agreed to meet him on Thursday and they ended the call after exchanging few sentences.

Mr Graham was starring at the blank screen of his cell phone when he heard the knocking on the door.

"Come in." Door opened and he saw his son coming in.

Mr Graham and his wife were great detectives. Even though they were not gifted and did not have any spiritual devices but they were talented. They had twin sons Ash and Max amd twin daughters Lydia and Sara. They were not gifted but their children were. Ash was a healthy kid but Max died at the age of twelve. Max and Ash got their spiritual devices when they were ten years old. But max had cancer and could not live past the age of twelve.

Ash came in amd saw the gloomy expression on his father's face.

" What happened dad?" He asked worriedly sitting on the chair in his father's study.

" Do you remember Samantha? One of my classmates and my friend. "

Ah, I remember her. She and her husband are both gifted amd they also have a useless daughter who did not get a spiritual device even though both of her parents are gifted. What about her? "

"Watch your language Ash." Mr Graham reprimanded his son for calling someone useless like this. He then told the Ash about the call.

Mrs Graham entered the study too. She was holding two cups of coffee in her hands. After hearing what her husband said she was startled too.

"She wanted my help and I invited her for dinner on Thursday. " said Mr Graham to her wife who was handing him the cup of coffee.

"That poor child. She is still so young. It must be hard for her. " Mrs Graham said with a sad expression.

"Right" Mr Graham took the cup and nodded his head agreeing to Mrs Graham.

0