Chapter 5: I will miss you
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ash stop playing and come eat dinner. " Mrs Graham called Ash. Everyone was present at the table except Ash.

" Yes mom." Ash came and sat in his chair.

"What were you doing? Don't you know its time for dinner? " Mr Graham said.

"I was practicing dad."

Ash and Max just got their spiritual devices a few days ago and Ash was so excited he forgot about everything else and would spend most of his time practicing or learning new tricks. He and Max got two black daggers. These daggers were not too big in size but one could guess at first glance that they were extremely sharp. Both daggers were completely black with blue and red carvings on their hilts. Ash owned the one with red carvings.

"Don't forget you have exams next month and you have to study too. "

" Yes yes, I know Dad." Ash said carelessly.

" You two have not decided any names for your spiritual devices yet? " Mrs Graham asked her sons while passing dishes to Ash.

" I think we should name them Ice and Fire. What do you think Max? " Ash asked Max.

" Sounds good to me." Max smiled.

" Don't you think you should have put some more thoughts and give them proper names?"

"No, I think these names are good and well suited for these daggers." Ash replied to Mrs Graham.

"Don't bother Mom. I don't think he can get any more creative with names." Sara said laughing with Lydia.

" Well these names are better than the names you gave to your devices. " Said Ash.

Lydia and Sara both owned too lockets. With her locket Lydia could control water while Sara could control wind with the help of her locket. They named their lockets Crystal and Emerald respectively.

" Now don't start fighting." Only after getting reprimanded by Mr Graham did they stop arguing.

After a year Max was diagnosed with cancer. Mr and Mrs Graham did everything they could in order to save Max but all their efforts were in vain.

It was a sunny day. Ash and Max were sitting in the lawn enjoying sunlight. Ash was telling Max that they should watch a movie tonight. Ash was trying his best to spend as much time as he could with his brother.

"Ash life is so beautiful right? Being able to enjoy sunlight. Being able to enjoy food. Being able to spend time with people we love. Just being able to stay alive is so beautiful. Ash I want to write a book about how beautiful life is. But I don't think I have much time left. " Max shared his thoughts with Ash.

"Hey Buddy don't say that. If you want to write a book I will help you.

"Ok. I want to give you something." Max took out his dagger and gave it to Ash.

"Why are you giving it to me? " Ash frowned.

" I want you to keep it. You are my brother and from today onwards it will recognize you as its owner. Since I can not be with you this dagger will always stay by your side. It will remind you of me. "

Ash took that dagger and hugged Max.

" I will miss you Max. I will miss you so much. " Ash cried.

"Don't cry Ash. Promise me you won't cry. " Max could not stop himself from crying either.

"Sorry Max , I don't think I will be able to keep that promise. " Ash said hugging his brother tightly. Just the thought of losing his brother was too much for Ash.

0