Chapter 8: Live together?
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ash turned his head and saw Eshaal coming in.

"Hello" Eshaal said and sat with Sarah.

"How are you? Dad said you were attacked this morning." Sarah said.

"I am fine." Eshaal said seeing her worried expression.

"Eshaal you came at the right time. I was discussing with Ash what our next step should be. Ash will come with you and he will investigate things anew. I was thinking about something else too. Like I said its too dangerous for you to live alone right now. So it would be better if Ash lives with you temporarily." Mr Graham said looking at Eshaal.

There was a deadly silence in the room.

"Live with me?" Eshaal was bewildered.

"How can we live together? We don't even know each other." Ash's expression was also same as Eshaal.

"Eshaal I am worried about you. Samantha was not only my friend, she was like a sister to me. We stopped talking over a little conflict and I still feel regretful for this. When you gave me the news of her death I felt even more regretful for not keeping contact with her. I should have been there for you when all this happened. You remind me of Samantha and I don't want to leave you alone now. I hope you will forgive me for not being there for you at that time."

Eshaal shook her head stopping herself from crying. "I don't blame you."

"Then Ash will come with you. Don't worry Ash is not a bad guy. He will for sure protect you. Right Ash?" Mr Graham looked at Ash.

"Dad... " Ash looked awkward.

"And one more thing Eshaal. Tell everyone that you are closing this case." Mr Graham then said to Esha.

"Ok." Eshaal didn't understand why Mr Graham asked her to do this but she agreed anyway.

"Then how will she explain living with me amd how am I supposed to talk to people and investigate.?" Ash looked confused.

"There are a thousand ways. Think of something yourself. I will be leaving now. I have an important call to make." Mr Graham said and stood up to leave.

"Just pretend you two are dating." Sarah said teasingly.

"No one asked you for your opinion." Ash was already in a bad mood.

"That's not a bad idea actually." Lydia said hiding her smile too.

"Keep your ideas to yourself." Ash stood up intending to leave.

"Where are you going?" Mr Graham asked her son.

"Am i not supposed to go with her and become her bodyguard?" Ash glared at Eshaal. Eshaal stood up too.

"Wait for a while. Dinner is almost ready."

"No need. We are going." Ash said and left.

"Bye" Eshaal hurriedly said bye to everyone and followed after Ash.

After sitting in the car Ash asked Eshaal for her address. Looking outside the window she still could not wrap her mind around what just happened. Everything happened so fast she did not had the time to think properly and agreed to what Mr Graham said. When she met Mr Graham for the first time she felt safe after a long time. That's why when she was attacked this morning, the first person she called was Mr Graham and after what Mr Graham said today she just could not say no to him.

Ash stopped the car outside her house. She got out of the car but seeing Ash was still sitting in the car without any intention of coming out she asked him, "You are not coming? "She felt extremely awkward.

"No, I have some business to take cake of." Ash said while starting the car.

"....." She stood in her place dumbfounded. "What a weirdo." She thought and turned to the open the door.

0