Chapter 9: So rude
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next morning Eshaal got ready as usual and left for school. When she got out of house she found Ash leaning against his car probably waiting for her. Seeing her coming he opened the car door and sat in the driver seat.

"You are waiting for my invitation?" Ash asked in an annoyed voice.

"Why are you being so rude to me? I did not force you to do this." Eshaal sat in the car too.

"You did not force me but my Dad did and he did it because of you." Ash started the engine and replied back.

"Then you should have said no to your dad."

"As if I could."

Eshaal turned her head to look out of window not replying to him anymore.

"I did some research and found that your friend's family has been helping you solve this case." Ash said again after a while.

"Yes, Uncle John hired detectives to solve this case. He even helped me bury my parents."

"I checked the IDs of these detectives. They are all professionals. I wonder why they have not been able to solve this case yet. They all have good relationship with guy John too. Can you tell me more about him?"

"Uncle John and Aunt jenna were friend's of my parents. They lived in my neighborhood. They have two kids Sarah and Edd. I am friends with both of them." Eshaal explained.

" So they are like family friends?" Ash asked stopping the car outside the school.

"Yes." Eshaal said and got out of car. She walked a few steps before turning back." And I can go home by myself so you don't have to bother youself."

"Fine." Ash said looking relieved.

It was a really tiring day at school. Eshaal was sitting in the staff room thinking about her conversation with Ash this morning.

"Hey Eshaal." Someone called her name.

"Hey lizzy." Eshaal looked at her colleague Lizzy.

"We are going for movie. Will you come?"

Eshaal thought for a while if she should go with them or not but at the end she agreed. She was tired of thinking about these things related to attack and wanted to clear her mind for a bit. Even though she wanted to return home early but it was already past midnight when she got home. She turned on the lights and went to kitchen. She was drinking water when she suddenly had a feeling someone was present in the house. She came out of kitchen without making a sound. Eshaal turned on the lights of living room with Minni ready to attack at a moments notice. But she was shocked after seeing the scene before her eyes.

Ash was sitting in her living room cleaning his dagger leisurely like it was his own house.

"What are you doing here?" Eshaal asked. Minni also returned and wrapped itself around Eshaal wrist tightly. It was kinda scared of Ash after their first meeting.

"Where were you?" Ash ignored her question and stood up.

"How did you get in?" Eshaal was still shocked.

"Did you forget Miss Eshaal that now you have a bodyguard and you should alteast inform him if you are going somewhere? Ash asked in a sarcastic voice.

Eshaal was speechless. Ash shamelessly ignored all her questions and was now waiting for her answer like he was really her bodyguard.

"I was with my friends." Eshaal said.

"Why didn't you answered my calls? " Ash asked another question.

Eshaal got a few calls from an unknown number but she did not answer them. She wanted to ask Ash how he got her number but thinking it would be useless anyway, she cancelled the idea and said."I don't answer calls from unknown numbers"

"Next time inform me if you are going somewhere with your friends. I don't want to get scolded by my Dad again because of you."

"Ok. Do you want something else?"

"No. "

"Then why are you still sitting here?" Eshaal asked Ash who sat on the sofa again without any intention of going.

"Isn't it because you are not showing me guest room?"

"Oh." Eshaal got awkward. No matter what he was here to help her and Ash's expression clearly showed how unwilling he was.

0