Chapter 9 Successful Investment
2.2k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the topic of shares, they have discussed before that the company is valued at $4 million, and they would be selling 15% of equity for $600,000 in cash.

But after the revenue ideas and several unique concept suggestions, they have agreed to increase the share ratio they had previously discussed. 

This is David's condition.

In total, the amount of share David would receive was 25%. His revenue idea was 'sold' for 5% of the company shares. 

He would still have to pay 20% of the company's value, which would be $800,000 in cash, and receive 25% of equity.

David tried to negotiate a higher ratio, but the two founders were only willing to put out 15% of the company.

David naturally understood their reasoning. From the company documents, even without his revenue idea, the company will still be valuable since there are already several key patents registered. 

The fact that he was still able to push it up, almost doubling their first offer, is already great.

Another thing is that he realized that he couldn't afford to spend too much money.

Although he still has a few million cash left, it was also not smart to put it all on Yahoo. Yahoo still needs time to grow, and the chances are David would not even get his money back for a long, long time.

His next plans will also require a large amount of money.

With a 25% equity ratio, even if the shares were diluted in the future, he will definitely be able to put his name on the list of billionaires. Maybe even one of the youngest.

...

Their respective lawyers will be in charge of drafting the shareholding contract, so he went away first. The necessary procedures will take some time to be completed.

At first, David was unsure how to introduce the name Yahoo to the two founders as he didn't really want the name 'Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web' to continue.

However, the two founders quickly told him that they had already determined the name and had even registered the trademark long before.

Yahoo!

It seems like this name will still appear in this world.

Some talks after, David found out that it was supposed to be Yahoo, but it was already taken, so they had to add the exclamation mark(!) at the end.

...

"Jerry Yang will receive 37.5%, David Filo will also receive 37.5%, and David Frost will have the remaining 25%. You can confirm if there are any problems."

After going through everything, the three of them officially signed the legal documents. Now the three of them officially became the founders of Yahoo!.

Immediately they started getting to work. In the next few days, they started recruiting technical personnel to assist the two founders in the early stage of the company.

The company became busy working on the website, starting meetings to discuss the concept changes and intricate designs.

Finally, the $800,000 initial funding will clearly not be enough to afford the employee salaries and the expensive computers and servers in the long run, so another financing might come sooner than later.

Of course, at that time, the company will already have the ability to generate profits.

As long as the website was rebranded and revised, Yahoo would be a frontrunner on the internet, and its success will bring them up towards a higher and bigger stage.

Venture capital firms and individual investors will surely come knocking on their doors.

"Hahaha! We were rejected several times before. Next time, let them take the initiative to beg us."

Jerry sat in his office with two people, looking out the window, watching people busily walked across the streets.

"Hahaha! I can't wait!"

David could only laugh at their words. Obviously, these two had already looked for capital before, but it looks like they were rejected miserably.

Of course, David wouldn't tell them, but he knows.

Don't worry. Someone will definitely knock on our doors soon.

...

In one evening, David had dinner along with Jerry and the others. Now that they are part of the same team, they chatted with each other very happily.

They spoke about their university life and experiences before going to the topic of the internet and technology.

David has to admit that the two founders know so much technicalities even though the internet is relatively young at this time.

While on the other hand, the two founders were also extremely surprised that David can somewhat keep up with their conversation.

His perspective of the internet is very imaginative, vividly describing some unique ideas.

For this particular area, they could only express their imagination.

Afterward, they stopped by a high-end bar to celebrate their success over a drink. In this area where high-class elites gather, establishments like this exist everywhere. 

David got a little bit too drunk and suddenly found that his two companions were nowhere to be found. All he can see were people dancing everywhere.

Or did he forget? He doesn't know anymore.

It doesn't matter. Just enjoy the moment.

David looked around and eyed a busty pair of dancing women, making his way to their location.

People say that scoring two at the same time might be a difficult challenge but relying on his charms, he was ready to make an attempt.

If everything fails, maybe one is possible...?

...

David twitched his eyes and shook his head, blankly looking up at the white ceiling.

He sat up a little dazedly, the white sheets were very messy, and he could smell a faint familiar odor. He found himself naked and noticed his clothes scattered all over the floor.

"Huh, did I drink too much last night? Where am I? This is not my hotel."

David was a little confused. What happened last night? He should be celebrating with the others. 

Dazedly touching his head, he seemed to recall having gone to another room filled with many hot girls. His memory last night was a blur, as if he was sleepwalking the whole time. All he know was he was happily having fun with some women, and he felt very good.

Suddenly, David looked around and remembered. Last night, he seemed to be unable to control himself, reaching out to every woman and coiled his arms around their succulent bodies and then after that...?

Shaking his head, David got out of bed and, with some discomfort, got into the bathroom only to stop his movement abruptly. He was stunned by the image before him. A busty hot beauty was naked, soaking in the bath.

"Hey, you finally woke up! You were great last night!"

The enchanting lady eyed his weapon with bright eyes while showing a charming smile.

The woman looked very stunning, with long hair, fair skin, and a gifted body.

"Hey." David blinked and greeted the bewitching lady with some bewilderment.

"I'll go out first. You can continue."

"Haha~" Looked at the puzzled David, the alluring lady's bell laughter echoed through the bathroom, revealing a pair of white flesh enticingly trembling along the waves.

"Damn, why do I feel like this?"

David looked at his raging member while hearing the sound of flowing water and sweet laughter. His ideas were getting uncontrollable.

Never mind the confusion in his heart, David only thought of the beautiful scenery behind the door.

His memory last night felt more like a long dream. He could not clearly remember the entire experience last night, so he can only imagine how amazing it was.

Since I'm here already, I might as well make the most out of the situation. No one can expect to escape his grasp after teasing him.

David turned back, pushed the door open, and rushed in,

"Ah, you're back! What are..."

"Ahh~"

Along with a powerful push, water splashed everywhere, and two hips connected, riding together in the stormy waves. The slushing water and gasping moans were overshadowed by the noise of tempting flesh clapping sounds.

At noon, a blushing beauty slept peacefully like a baby as David walked out of the room. After leaving some food in the room, he found a taxi and went back to his hotel.

How wonderful life is. This is the kind of life he lives for.

Once he reached his room, he quickly took off all his messy clothes before falling on his bed.

Maybe when he wakes up, the headache will already be gone.

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

 

34