Chapter 14 New Upgrades
2k 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When David got to the company, he was enthusiastically greeted by the employees familiarly and was told to go directly to the meeting room.

Once he got to the meeting room, the two founders Jerry and David, were already waiting for him. The big smile on their faces shows a hint of excitement.

Who can blame them? Everything in the company was doing well and still getting better and better each day.

"You guys are finally here."

"Why are you so excited?"

David found his seat before sitting casually, eyeing the two happy founders while the others in charge of the company financials also found their seats.

"Some investors will be coming. What do we do? How much do we need?"

Soon after, everyone started speaking their minds.

"We only need to estimate how much we would need for our next development and start from that."

"When we expand further, we will also face many local companies in other countries, and it won't be easy for us. Therefore, I hope that with this financing, we can have enough funds to be competitive globally. We will burn so much money to boost our growth in other regions."

"Our website already has a large pool of users, and it is rapidly growing. We also need a price that can reflect our value. So our valuation should be about $200 million to $300 million."

When they heard of the valuation proposed by Jerry, they all nodded their heads. This amount is just as much as they expected.

For David, a high valuation is naturally great. With all the innovation their company has achieved, the company should already be considered a high-quality asset.

If they could raise funds according to the plan, then David can already see themselves making a big splash and creating big news.

Also, David wasn't very sure whether this is the last round of funding before going public. If he's not wrong, this should be the last.

But the current state of Yahoo is much more successful, so the company's standards before going public may or may not change compared to his previous life. They may or may not need another funding.

This is something David doesn't need to worry about anyway.

"Another thing, our global influence will be important for our future growth, so I think we can set it higher."

All of them stared at David as he spoke his mind. Waving his hand, he continued,

"Well, aside from the global market, you forgot about a few things. Our website will also have some big upgrades."

"Our page load time will be two times faster compared to others giving us an average of about 3 seconds for our page to load. This is much faster than other webpages, which is an essential part of the user experience."

"Did you remember the new product we were going to launch? Yes, that's right. The new e-mail feature."

Page load time is one of the key features of their webpage. Their page will load so much faster compared to other webpages.

Studies show that being even a second faster could effectively keep users' attention, which would result in an increase of site traffic by at least 7%.

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement as they remembered the killer upgrades they were going to add to their site.

With this, a lot of companies will definitely be eaten alive, leaving them nowhere to go.

Mail was also one of the core products of Yahoo. This is before Gmail starts to take over. It was responsible for giving them so much worldwide influence, giving their users the convenience of free online mail.

"We can plan a global development strategy to occupy the market share in the global market. I propose a valuation of $300 - $400 million. I think our killer features are definitely worth this much, right?"

"Yes, yes!"

""Right!"'

This valuation is definitely much higher than in the previous life. But when a certain company goes public in a few months, this kind of valuation for a tech company with millions of users will begin to look normal.

Financial analysts explained that the dot-com bubble actually started this year when this company went public and doubled its stock price on the first day of trading.

Netscape.

Netscape IPO will send a signal that the internet era has come. Many internet companies with little to no revenue will be massively overvalued, and they are only set to benefit from this craze.

"How is our webpage now?"

"It's done. Everything is finished. We only need to decide a time to update it, probably just after the funding. Although we might have to purchase extra servers and hardware to run our webpage perfectly."

"That's good. Now, we have to make a development proposal and officially send out notifications to various funding parties."

"Only invite the ones that have some other use other than just contributing some money. After all, this time, we are so attractive that we have so many choices."

"And only those with good track records."

"Yes, and we can leave the few of them to compete with each other. Hahaha!"

All of them joked and laughed together. Now that the funding issue is done, the pressure on their shoulders has lessened.

Everyone chatted happily in the meeting room and laughed from time to time. As long as everything is the way it should be, they can go to Nasdaq to ring the bell next year.

After chatting with the others, the two returned to their hotel.

This time, David was in a suite with a king-sized bed, a large bathroom, a wide living room. After the two arrived in their own rooms, they took a relaxing shower.

Currently, Thomas was hanging out with David in his room, sitting in the living room eating some fruits while chatting.

"David, this time, it looks like we are really successful."

"Well, this is just the beginning. When you start earning millions, being a billionaire will be the next goal."

According to the situation after Yahoo's listing, he will be pushed up close to billionaire status even if his company stakes are diluted.

Besides, he also has other ways to earn money though he is not desperate. He can patiently wait while having a relaxing life.

"So are we going to celebrate?"

"Of course. We have nothing to do. Do you want to go out?"

Thomas smilingly shook his head before replying, "My body is not young compared to yours. I'm tired. I will rest tonight. You can go yourself."

...

After a few words, Thomas left and went back to his room, and David relaxingly laid while watching TV.

He was thinking about what he should do next. Netscape going public is definitely on the table. He won't miss that for sure.

According to history, Yahoo did not go public until next year, he has a lot of time to do many things, and he can't waste it.

There is also SpongeBob. David already has a plan for this. But he needed an opportunity to pull it off so this can only be put off to the shelves. Naturally, SpongeBob will only be the first. There will definitely be much, much more.

The investment in Toy Story was another thing. He hasn't done anything yet, but after this Yahoo business, he will definitely put his focus on it.

Steve Jobs is currently still in Pixar. David doesn't know what kind of person he is and whether he would succeed, but it's worth the try.

David has also started his inquiry on various Hollywood companies, but the investigations on the companies will take some time to be completed. He could only wait.

Looking outside through the window, the dark orange sun on the horizon shining down on the lively city was slowly vanishing off the distance.

The colorful lights of the streets and the bright running cars can be seen being reflected in his eyes.

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

32